hello !

koblihy

Bells
hi everyone !! i hope you are all doing well
i discovered animal crossing around 2016 when i started playing new leaf and i've loved the series ever since !
i don't know many people irl who play so i'm looking forward to meeting you guys :)

Hey there, and welcome to the community. I hope to see you around the forum. It’s hard to find people who play in real life, unfortunately. It’s easier online because you have a bigger pool of people to choose from.

Welcome to the forums! Are you currently playing New Horizons? Do you still play New Leaf? 😊🌟

Welcome to the forums! Are you currently playing New Horizons? Do you still play New Leaf? 😊🌟
yes !! i took a bit of a break over the past few weeks but have been getting back into it recently, and i started up again with new leaf and hhd this year too ! i love new horizons but there's something so special about new leaf for me

Hiya, welcome to TBT! ^^ I see you've got Chevre as your avatar; is she a favorite of yours? She's a cutie!

Welcome to the forums, Koblihy! (Although I only joined a day before you LOL)
Are you up to anything in New Leaf lately? How's your town going?
It's always lovely to meet another New Leaf regular after New Horizons' release!✨

Welcome to the forums, Koblihy! (Although I only joined a day before you LOL)
Are you up to anything in New Leaf lately? How's your town going?
It's always lovely to meet another New Leaf regular after New Horizons' release!✨

ah nice to meet you too !! i've just been working on redecorating my house and cleaning up my town a but but tbh i might start a new town in new leaf just bc i'm feeling inspired to start fresh. are you up to anything in your town?? and yes omg !! new leaf is such a special game i love meeting people who still play

Last edited:
hi there, welcome to tbt! i hope you are doing well, too! it’s lovely to meet you. 🤍

new leaf is incredibly special to me as well! it wasn’t my first animal crossing game (wild world was), but it was the game that introduced me to trading + playing with others, how amazing the ac community is, and of course, tbt!! i haven’t played since 2016-2017 myself, but i’ve actually been thinking about picking a copy of it up again! i love new horizons, but i definitely miss new leaf, too. it’s such an amazing game. ☺️

does your new leaf town have any particular theme, or do you just decorate however? if you do decide to restart, what would you do differently with your new town?

also, i love chèvre as well! she took forever to give me her photo when she lived on my island lmao, but she was a total sweetheart! i love how she has a picture of nan in her house. do you have any other favourite villagers? ^^

hi there, welcome to tbt! i hope you are doing well, too! it’s lovely to meet you. 🤍

new leaf is incredibly special to me as well! it wasn’t my first animal crossing game (wild world was), but it was the game that introduced me to trading + playing with others, how amazing the ac community is, and of course, tbt!! i haven’t played since 2016-2017 myself, but i’ve actually been thinking about picking a copy of it up again! i love new horizons, but i definitely miss new leaf, too. it’s such an amazing game. ☺️

does your new leaf town have any particular theme, or do you just decorate however? if you do decide to restart, what would you do differently with your new town?

also, i love chèvre as well! she took forever to give me her photo when she lived on my island lmao, but she was a total sweetheart! i love how she has a picture of nan in her house. do you have any other favourite villagers? ^^

nice to meet you xara !! i never really had an intentional theme but when i first started playing new leaf town i was watching twin peaks and was really inspired by the homes and landscape - think lots of trees, natural elements and wood cabin vibes. are you following any theme on your island?

i think i just want to restart to enjoy taking the game slow and those early stages - i lost my original game a few years ago and never really got back into new leaf the same way since losing that first town. as for favourites.. i end up loving almost every villager i have in my towns tbh !! in new horizons i've had sherb and pattie from the start and they've become some of my faves ☺️

nice to meet you xara !! i never really had an intentional theme but when i first started playing new leaf town i was watching twin peaks and was really inspired by the homes and landscape - think lots of trees, natural elements and wood cabin vibes. are you following any theme on your island?

i think i just want to restart to enjoy taking the game slow and those early stages - i lost my original game a few years ago and never really got back into new leaf the same way since losing that first town. as for favourites.. i end up loving almost every villager i have in my towns tbh !! in new horizons i've had sherb and pattie from the start and they've become some of my faves ☺️
oooh, that sounds lovely! i’ve never watched twin peaks haha, but i bet your town looks stunning!! i honestly haven’t worked on my island much; i have quite a few ideas, but the thought of creating something only to not like it and then comparing it to what others have done and beating myself up over it kinda deters me from trying them out haha. plus, i don’t have much energy most days, and the idea of terraforming and the amount of furniture there is to choose from is overwhelming. 😅 i’ve managed to complete two areas on my island, though; a celestial lounge area and my backyard! i’m not sure what exactly to call my theme, but i’m aiming for a combination of colourful, kidcore and spring/summercore themes. ☺️

that’s valid! starting a new town and going through the beginning again is honestly super fun. i’m sorry to hear you lost your first town, though. and same! i always end up growing attached to all my villagers in some way, even ones i’m not a huge fan of at first. sherb and patty are adorable! 🥰

oooh, that sounds lovely! i’ve never watched twin peaks haha, but i bet your town looks stunning!! i honestly haven’t worked on my island much; i have quite a few ideas, but the thought of creating something only to not like it and then comparing it to what others have done and beating myself up over it kinda deters me from trying them out haha. plus, i don’t have much energy most days, and the idea of terraforming and the amount of furniture there is to choose from is overwhelming. 😅 i’ve managed to complete two areas on my island, though; a celestial lounge area and my backyard! i’m not sure what exactly to call my theme, but i’m aiming for a combination of colourful, kidcore and spring/summercore themes. ☺️

that’s valid! starting a new town and going through the beginning again is honestly super fun. i’m sorry to hear you lost your first town, though. and same! i always end up growing attached to all my villagers in some way, even ones i’m not a huge fan of at first. sherb and patty are adorable! 🥰

your island sounds super colourful and fun, i love the idea of a celestial lounge area ! and i totally get that !! especially in new horizons it can be really overwhelming not knowing where to even start ! i feel like i enjoy the game a lot more when i just aim to make my island 'playable' and simple, and enjoy the day to day with a bit of decorating here and there. especially like you said with not having a lot of energy most days; i hope you're doing well <3

ah nice to meet you too !! i've just been working on redecorating my house and cleaning up my town a but but tbh i might start a new town in new leaf just bc i'm feeling inspired to start fresh. are you up to anything in your town?? and yes omg !! new leaf is such a special game i love meeting people who still play
Oh - if you ever start fresh I'd love to offer fruit, furniture, clothing, or you could use the Shampoodle in my town! Feel free to hit me up if you ever go through with the reset!

I'm not up to too much in my town - I'm still collecting some PWPs like tomorrow I need to finally grab the Weeding Day topiary ones! I've mostly just been keeping my town clean, trying to get more hybrid flowers, keeping villagers from moving, and once in a while work on badges! I've been meaning to redecorate my houses but I'm waiting til the summer to start working on them.

Oh - if you ever start fresh I'd love to offer fruit, furniture, clothing, or you could use the Shampoodle in my town! Feel free to hit me up if you ever go through with the reset!

I'm not up to too much in my town - I'm still collecting some PWPs like tomorrow I need to finally grab the Weeding Day topiary ones! I've mostly just been keeping my town clean, trying to get more hybrid flowers, keeping villagers from moving, and once in a while work on badges! I've been meaning to redecorate my houses but I'm waiting til the summer to start working on them.

thank you so much i'll keep that in mind !! i think i might give it a go in the summer once i actually have some free time 😭

Last edited:
yes !! i took a bit of a break over the past few weeks but have been getting back into it recently, and i started up again with new leaf and hhd this year too ! i love new horizons but there's something so special about new leaf for me
oooh i've been wanting to start up hhd for a while. i definitely agree with the latter statement - the past games have this sort of homey feeling that's since dissipated in new horizons.

Back