• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Having problems scoring in HHA Fairy Tale Challenge

CJODell62

Bells
Arcade Tokens
Switch
3218-1309-8215
Mailbox
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Cake
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
I have three rooms that follow the Fairy Tale theme (sweets, snowman and princess) as well as an exterior fulfilling the requirements. But still only my exterior is counted for some reason, and I'm stuck at 200,000 points. The HHA keeps saying my house has "very little Fairy Tale feeling". What am I doing wrong? Is my game having a bug? Is there a glitch somewhere?

Do you have any non fairy-tale items in the room too? If I remember rightly, all non fairy tale items take away from the score.

Getting rid of Snowman shouldn't help much, I managed to get to 1,100,000 with the Snowman series in one of my rooms.

Edit: I must have gotten confused somewhere because I looked up the theme challenge and I would have needed a complete house to start one.
Because of that restriction...why are only three rooms Fairytale themed? I think Rococo would be a good choice for an additional room because their all spotlight items and that may make them place higher. Throw in high value reward items where you can because you get the maximum bonus at 90% theme.

Last edited:
Yeah, you'd need all the rooms excluding Basement having those themed furniture, clothes etc. and exterior to go with it.

I got 1.1 million plus on every challenge by focusing on exteriors and two rooms. Those two rooms I chocked full of items in the theme (check Liquefy's GameFAQ, every item is broken out by theme!), shirts and dresses on the wall, etc, until I couldn't put anything else in those rooms (I think the limit is 48 items). I used very limited non-theme items in those two rooms--a table, maybe, if I didn't have a table that matched the theme, like for Antique, or a music player to play theme-related music if I didn't have a music player that matched the theme, like for Fairy Tale. I'm not actually sure if playing music that matches the theme helps or not, but I did it for each one as best I could.

So advice: cram all the Fairy Tale items you have into two rooms and get dupes of everything you can if you need to get more items to hit the 48 item limit. Also you'll want at least two, maybe three, fairy tale theme exterior pieces. Each exterior thing (roof, mailbox etc) is worth a ton of points, so it's hard if not impossible to beat the challenge without changing your exteriors to match the theme.

Now that I've followed advice given here. I've spread the Fairy Tale theme to all five rooms and the exterior and I now have 815,000 points.

Back