Have you visited a Zoo?

We have two of the top zoos in the country in my state, and we have a membership to our local one out of the two. It’s so great and the polar bears can swim over you! You can feed the giraffes and I always go feed the Lorikeets since we share a name 😊

Love visiting zoos and aquariums. Even if some of them are problematic, others are quite well intended. - I haven't been there in a long time...but whenever I would take a family trip down the shore, I used to love the Cape May Zoo here in NJ. Not sure if it's still as nice as it used to be...but, I loved it as a kid.

Yes! I live near one, so I visit it a few times a year. My favorite area is the one with capybaras, hippos, and elephants…since they’re all close together.
One day I’d like to visit the Cincinnati Zoo, because of the hippos and Juno the baby sloth.

I've been to a few zoos (and was just at one the other day). I enjoy walking around the zoo more than I like the actual exhibits sometimes, but the otters and giraffes are my favorite to watch if they're active.

Zoo gift shops from my experience are absurdly expensive, so I've never bought anything. I've been tempted by plush and small trinkets as a 'vacation' keepsake though.

I still want to go to an aquarium one day! 🙏

photo_2023-08-09_10-43-56.jpg

I've been to the San Diego Zoo,The Phoenix Zoo and the Wildlife World Zoo(in Litchfield Park,AZ).I believe they all have gift shops but I didn't buy anything.Wildlife World Zoo had a pair of rare white tiger cubs when I visited.I was going to visit Jurassic Park but I'm waiting until they solve their Velociraptor problem.

Yep, I've been to the zoo twice, once when I was a child and another in 2015. The giraffes, lions, and elephants were really cool to watch.

I visited a couple of different ones. One of them was a really big zoo and even had Okapis. Both were in USA. Most visits was when I was a kid with just mom or mom and my cousins, but the big zoo was when I was a young teen with my mom and my great aunt when visiting her.
Most of the time I wasn't allowed to get anything from gift shops.

Yes, quite a few! I've always wanted to work with animals even if the pay sucks, but I have no reliable transport to any so I just have to settle for visiting them. Most of the ones I visited when I was a kid, but every now and then I visit new ones. The last one I went to had a bat enclosure that you could walk around in. One of them nearly landed on my head.

Regarding the gift shop, they're always a bit too expensive where the plush and figures are concerned, but I normally find the cheapest item I can as a souvenir.

I don't think I ever have, I'm a little wary of them, I don't know too much about them or how they treat their animals, I'm more of an aquarium person..ehehe fish zoo

Back