• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you tried making original works? (Characters, setting, etc.)

yes, but only two of my characters get attention from me :P i'd like to make more characters but it feels like whenever i try my ideas fizzle out fast... and then i can't develop their personalities enough to get attached to them :( it's the same with making in-depth backstories/universes! i'd really like to work on that because i still have lots of ideas. i love my two attention-hogging characters very dearly though and i think about them a lot...... the better known one is my mascot Neo. she's basically my face online but not intended to be an exact parallel of me
61383490_Bfjj1qf1B3hbejZ.gif

the lesser known is Kora, my longest surviving oc... i've had him since i was about 13, and i've fleshed him out a LOT despite hardly publicly talking about him. he's changed quite a bit since his creation, but he has some essential traits that have stuck around (Snobby and British). unfortunately his design is going through a transitional period right now because i have not come up with an outfit i am satisfied with yet lol
5zYHhLR.png

(kora on the left, THE BAG IS FULL OF GROUND BEEF!!! nothing evil)
i have a ridiculous amount of black/white ms paint comics of him like this. and they are all stored on my hard drive and my brain

Here are the several characters that comprise the universe!! I made some of them and adopted/commissioned some of them. :3c
1168613_Cmj3EwgAHDQMKr3.png

Celestine, my baby girl, pretty much the one that started it all. I actually adopted her from a user here on TBT and I've been dearly attached to her. She's your typical star in the sky who fell to Earth for... some reason I forgot already. But she and her companion Corvus go on an adventure on Earth to complete different missions.
celestine is SO CUTE i love the star antenna thingy and i love that you got her from TBT. this feels like a special little piece of TBT history

not tried making OC's before, maybe when i was younger? but i really don't know. maybe i'll give it a shot 😌

I wrote the full script (story/dialogue) and came up with the characters for a whole Pokémon-styled game that was never finished/released! I still really love some of the character designs. Unfortunately it seems like I have lost the files, or more like, I know that I should have them saved somewhere on an old laptop and USB stick, but I can't find them unfortunately.

At least I got paid for my work. I would have LOVED to see the result, though...

I even came up with the story concepts for two sequels in case it would have been a success...

I used to draw Fakemon. Because of that, I got discovered and I am have been the monster designer for the Nexomon franchise since 2014.

I've been rotating the same two OCs in my head for the past 10 years or so but I haven't actually done anything with them. I have ideas for the vibes and plot of a story and I don't think I'm objectively a bad writer, but I get so caught up in perfectionism that I've scrapped everything I've written for them so far because it doesn't meet my ridiculously high standards. Hopefully if I keep trying I'll eventually find something that sticks.

It's a similar case with art for them as well, but I'm at least more confident that I can improve at drawing with practice. Here's a little peek at some old art of them! I really need to draw them again and do them better justice ;-;

IMG_6417.jpeg
IMG_6416.jpeg

I used to draw Fakemon. Because of that, I got discovered and I am have been the monster designer for the Nexomon franchise since 2014.
Oh that's so cool~ I also used to draw Fakemon (I called them Beltmon as a kid LOL).

Back