• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you played Subnautica?

Alexander97

Bells
Switch
6684-3618-5396
I got the game on launch day and I have been enjoying every bit of it! The different biomes are very impressive from a game that has to do with the ocean. The gadgets are super cool, I love piloting the little submarine around the ocean and feeling safe and sound inside, only to be suddenly attacked by giant fish. That's the other thing about this game, I knew it was about exploration, but I did not know there was a horror aspect to the game. Many times I go to a new area of the game only to be suddenly startled by the hostile environment look and music. Music is quite nice, at times it is quiet relaxing, other times it feels like something is going to come out and get you. The most impressive part about the game is the fact that it is running on the switch. I thought it was going to be a poor port, but it seems pretty good. I want to know what your experience with the game has been so far. Most likely there will be spoilers, so if you don't want to be spoiled, do not read the rest of the comments, and if you don't mind, read on. :)

I got the base game for free on playstation fairly recently! I haven't got that far, but I explored the ship and have visited the glowy mushroom place a few times (the monsters there are spooky!). My base has a cat poster so I am very proud of it.

The music is one of my favourite parts, I agree it's very good at being fitting to what is going on. The journal is also great, although I have risked my life multiple times trying to scan aggressive animals. I'm looking forward to seeing what other things I'll be able to discover and what I can add to my base. I also have some items I have no use for yet, so it'll be exciting when I can put them to use. I keep finding eggs and I am saving them until I discover what to do with them.

I played it for a while on Game Pass, I think...but I wasn't really having a great time. It seems like there's a learning curve to do with finding the supplies you need and having a general understanding of what you need to do to advance. I just kept running out of food/water/oxygen while exploring the first little bit and couldn't find what I needed to do. Lol.

I'm not against trying it again...but, it really wasn't winning me over in that first hour or whatever.

my brother got subnautica on sunday (the first one not sub zero) he told me that he wanted it for a long time and he seems to like it a lot so far. i haven’t played the game but based on what my brother told me it sounds interesting, maybe i’ll to watch him or someone on youtube play it one day

i haven't played it and don't plan to, but i generally enjoy watching other people play it. i watched markiplier play most of the first game (before i presumably got distracted by something else), and i'm currently watching a different youtuber play the subzero sequel. he also played the first game, but i haven't watched his playthrough. i might go back and do so at some point, but i think it's around 80 videos long, so. depends on whether or not i can be asked asdfghjk.

My daughter has the first one on PS4 and she really enjoys it. I haven't played it, but I've watched her play it a bit. She's got quite a base built up with lots of interesting things in it (don't want to spoil it for anyone).

YES!! I've played Subnautica below zero and am currently replaying it on the switch, and after I plan to play the first game. I really love Subnautica, its a fun chill game and I like harvesting resources, decorating and designing my bases, and exploring the biomes. When I first played the game I remember getting really lost all the time but its really rewarding to learn your way around the world and remembering where key places are. The only leviathan that I think is really scary is the red chelicerate one, but once you know where they spawn its easy to avoid them, or at least avoid them jump scaring you lol. I'm kind of scared to play the first Subnautica tho since I will have to learn about all the new leviathans the hard way hahahaha

Back