• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

have you ever accidentally gotten a dreamie through pure luck?

SO.

i was trying to move out plucky (who had moved in when i accidentally tt'd through an empty plot) so i could use the empty plot she left behind to use my nmt to hunt for raymond through the mystery island, which has not been my most lucky method of villager hunting, but i thought why not, it's fun, and last time i did it i got judy by accident!

40+ days of time travel trying to get rid of plucky, and i see isabelle announce that there's a campsite visitor. usually i don't have much luck with campsites either, i tend to exclusively get villagers i don't like through the campsite, but i checked just for the fun of it and...

View attachment 405564

there he is. the funny business casual cat, who i had spent easily 250+ nmt trying to find in the mystery islands like 2 days ago, in my campsite, drinking a coffee like he knew. i cannot express how much joy this stupid virtual cat sparked within me. i've had a rough week and this genuinely made my day, probably my week.

i couldn't not share this, and now i'm curious if anyone else has had one of these moments! have you ever managed to find a dreamie you've been hunting for entirely by accident through sheer dumb luck? if so, who, when, and how?
This is wild but the same exact thing JUST happened to me. I restarted my island and just got the campground put in. Got the notice someone was staying there and in my head I went, “Oh god here we go again.” I walked into the tent and was gobsmacked to see Raymond. LOL. I’m walking to Tom Nook to ask if he can live on my island now!

Yup!! When I first started playing ACNH I really wanted Sherb. Saved a few nook miles to buy like 5 NMT and used it the moment I built the empty plots in the tutorial. I know the default 3rd-5th villagers are lazy/peppy/normal so it kinda narrows down my search, but holy moly on the very first NMT I used I got Sherb! I was SO ecstatic and thought this must have been fate LOL.

I also remember one time when I was sleeping over at a friend’s house, we were playing ACNH and I randomly chimed in with “If I were to pick a sisterly on my island, it‘d probably be Fuchsia.” and then when I TT-ed to the next day my campsite villager was her! Invited her in a heartbeat!

Lastly, I got Kabuki the other day at around 120 NMT. I didn’t have any cat villager on my island so finding him was going to be extremely difficult and I wasn’t banking on getting him with what little NMT I had, but oh wow I was so shocked and surprised I found him eventually!

Congrats on getting Raymond by the way, cat villagers are extremely hard to find!

Yeah, and the way it happened was pretty funny. I had an open plot and a friend had Apollo moving out. I head over to her island to convince Apollo to move to my island, but when I get there there's no option for me to ask him - so that means the plot is filled. I sadly head back to my island to see what monstrosity I've been given. Much to my surprise, it's Apollo! It was such a coincidence that the very villager I was going to adopt moved in on his own.

Last April I found Raymond in 18 tickets while not specifically looking for him, and both Sherb and Dom were random campsite visitors.

last year i was trying desperately to find katt but had no luck, so i gave up and time traveled forward so the plot would autofill and guess who it was. turns out i was trading with someone on here and they let katt move out and i picked her up by chance lol

Recently, I was lucky to find Cobb only on my 6th Nook Miles ticket.

I guess, people would consider me lucky because Raymond was the first villager/islander that visited my campsite. I've had him since then, but if I'm honest, I'm contemplating whether to part with him. Just feel indifferent towards him, as unfortunate as that may be!

Happened to me with the campsite too. Anabelle was my first campsite villager (after the mandatory smug) and I was so pleased to see her. Even better she asked to boot out that clown sheep that was my mandatory campsite villager first time without having to reset.

I got Fang through the campsite as well after no luck villager hunting for him.

I haven’t searched for anyone yet, I still have my original villagers. None have moved away. Eventually I will search for Villagers I want. Definitely want to get all Photo Frames first tho.

yup! i got marshal completely by chance in my campsite around a month into ACNH, and i'm really fond of him because i had him in my ACNL town so i was incredibly surprised and very happy to see him show up. (also i didn't consider him a dreamie at the time because i didn't know him yet, but sherb was my Tutorial Lazy and he's now one of my favourite villagers so :') )

I love wolf villagers, they're my favorite villager species. I play the Japanese version and so wasn't quite sure what the names of the new villagers were in Japanese. But I knew I really wanted Audie because she's a wolf. When I made the first three plots for Tom Nook, for the first Lazy, Normal, and Peppy villagers, I checked the signs for each plot to see what villagers I would get.

I had invited Hopkins from a Mystery Island so he was my Lazy villager and then I got random Normal and Peppy villagers. Got Nana (pink monkey) for my Normal villager and a villager named "モニカ" (Monica) for my Peppy villager. Looked up モニカ and sure enough--it was Audie! Monica is her Japanese name. I absolutely love her. She will never leave my island, and I really hope I can get her amiibo card.

I still have my original 8 villagers (Phoebe, Genji, Hopkins, Nana, Audie, Graham, Fang (Mystery Island), Whitney (amiibo)) plus Skye and Dobie. Audie is still one of my favorites! So glad I got her as my original Peppy. Every villager I've had from past games and now New Horizons has grown on me, and I very rarely ever let any move out. I don't really have any dreamies, except for Wolfgang (wolf) and Harry (hippo), my two faves from New Leaf, and Audie, I guess. Really happy with my NH crew, although I might replace Dobie with Wolfgang eventually.

I got Audie on a mystery island somehow! Was a really fun moment. Raymond was quite elusive for me too lmao, through campsite rolling,, I went through most of the smug villagers trying to get him

Your thread made me smile because I was also lucky with the campsite and got two very similar stories.

My first ever campsite visitor was also Raymond ☺ He wasn't a dreamie of mine but he stayed a very long time on my island (like almost a year) and I really enjoyed having him, I let him go for Eugene and because I had too many cat villagers on my island but sometimes I admit I miss him...

Also Tiffany was my dreamie Snooty and I got her with the campsite, by pure luck.

Concerning Mystery Islands, Audie was one of the first villager I found, and she was the new villager at that time I wanted the most, she also stayed a long time on my island like Raymond, and for her I kinda want her back now, I realise I miss her a lot.

I got Zucker on a mystery island too but it took some time.

Kiki was also found on a mystery island but at the time she wasn't one of my dreamie, but quickly became one, I love her design and those big eyes.

For everyone else it was by trading online (thanks to some of you guys here btw 😜) or amiibos...

While using the campsite method to get raymond, the third visitor was sherb.
I was going to try and get him after raymond but before worked for me just fine XD

I found Diana pretty quickly whilst out villager hunting on mystery island tours. I think I went through about 20 NMT before she showed up which I put down to sheer luck as I know some go through hundreds before they find their dream villager.

Absolutely!
I won Raymond in one of the giveaways on this site!
Someone offered me an ungifted Audie on Nookazon for free.
Judy came to my campsite one day.
And Sherb was in the 2nd mystery island I ever visited.
:D

I got Raymond after using only 2 NMTs. He’s not my dreamie and I wasn’t looking for him but it felt like finding a winning lottery ticket and I couldn’t not take him home.

He’s definitely not my favourite villager but he’s definitely my luckiest find.

IIRC, I got Beau in the very first island while villager searching (post-the beginners) pretty early on.

Back