• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Haunted Travels - Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizzy bone

Staff
Artist
Bells
Island
Tansan
Perfect Apple
Perfect Cherry
Perfect Orange
Perfect Peach
Perfect Pear
Durian
Lemon
Lychee
Persimmon
Banana
Sideshow-Monster-Symbol.png

HAUNTED TRAVELS
nightmareinparadise_small-png.516036

It's your monthly appointment with Luna: An hour of uninterrupted and perfectly curated dreams... sunshine, sandy beaches, and little umbrellas floating in pretty drinks. But today, something feels strangely off as Luna counts you down from ten. The velvety clouds that were your soft security blanket now feel like heavy stones. 7...6...5... Suddenly, a feeling of dread overcomes you. What horrors will await you when Luna counts down to 1?

Check Nightmares in Paradise to view the different dreams being added!

👻 How to Participate

For this event you will be taking a Spooky themed picture on an island, however... this time it will not be your own! You will be visiting any one of the member-created islands submitted to our Nightmares dream database!

Your photo must feature:
  • Your island rep dressed up in a Halloween costume - you can use a custom designed outfit or one you can buy from the shops
  • Your dressed up rep must pose in front of any "Halloween/horror/spooky themed designed area" in another member's island
Your submission must include:
  • An explanation of your Halloween costume - what you dressed up as or what you are referencing
  • The island name and dream address that you have visited from the Nightmares dream database.
Please look below to see an example of how and what to submit:

IMG_7733.JPG

I am visiting TeeheeTiki (DA-4730-1165-2167) dressed as a flashy animal imp!​

If you would like to include more photos from your visit or talk about the island, feel free to add those into spoilers!

Submission Deadline: Tuesday, October 31, at 11:59 PM EDT

👻 Rules

• You must be able to explain your Halloween costume, whether it is a classic ACNH outfit or something more creative.
  • Your outfit must be in accordance with our Rules & Guidelines. No offensive or inappropriate costumes.
  • You must visit another member's island dream and snap a photo in a spooky part of town. Please be respectful when uploading photos or talking about the island you are visiting.
  • Please note that this event requires you to have NSO to access the dream suite.

👻 Prizes

6 Carnival Coins

👻
Happy Haunting!

5X9PsPl.png

I am visiting Eloasis (DA-1350-9235-2477). My costume is a blue-ringed octopus!

I came already dressed up, but there was an array of lovely costumes located by where I awoke.
hnZNB7q.jpg

Next I collected presents from some nearby tables.
XuhlNfa.jpg

Some of the presents contained treats while others contained tricks!
HXxErh5.jpg

N1mAneu.jpg

After that it was time for trick or treating at the island residents' homes!
oOc0VBC.jpg

With my candy bucket filled to the brim, I decided to go pick out a pumpkin and do some carving!
pl2fbtc.jpg

zctAyOp.jpg

Up next was a trip to the carnival!
oHLgUzE.jpg

jnHkMMk.jpg

QFRYFZo.jpg

LRR3ZEC.jpg

To finish up my adventure, I checked out a few more spooky spaces around the island, including a wonderfully frightening haunted house~
D8zsvKS.jpg

uKvD0y9.jpg

kq6FhBu.jpg

gRFzoIx.jpg

wexOFol.jpg

8o1TGUN.jpg

p57Yg6d.jpg

Ohhh loving this! Looking forward to visit a couple of island! Only gonna post 1 pic ofcourse :)

IMG_2654.jpeg

I am visiting Mistfall (DA-5007-4421-4546)! :)

My Halloween costume is a baseball player! In honor of seeing the Savannah Bananas last month! And because this was a common costume of mine when I was a kid lol.

🔪 hi, im chucky! wanna play? 🔪

IMG_4197.jpeg

i couldn’t decide which island to venture to as they all looked so incredible from screenshots alone, so i inputted the names of every island that was submitted up until earlier today into a random generator, and the rng gods led me to the beautiful island of Lawai'i (DA-7832-4875-7458)!

as for my costume, i’m in the process of getting caught up with chucky, so i felt it fitting to dress up as the doll himself! though, it’s strange… as soon as my costume was complete, i began to hear unintelligible whispering from behind me. it almost sounded like…

ade due damballa. give me the power i beg of you. secoise entienne mais pois de morte. morteisma lieu de vocuier de mieu vochette. endonline pour de boisette damballa! secoise entienne mais pois de morte. endelieu pour de boisette damballa!!!

IMG_4200.jpeg

i sadly didn’t get a chance to explore the entire island as i was on a bit of a time crunch, but the parts that i did see were absolutely enchanting! i really liked that while there was something going on in every part of the island, it wasn’t so crowded or “overdone” that it was hard to navigate or laggy.

prior to this, i’d only seen little glimpses of Lawai'i through jacob’s island journal posts, so it was lovely getting to see it for myself! i haven’t had many chances to interact with jacob, but i can tell how much of himself, love, and time he’s put into his island, creating an aesthetically pleasing and homely experience. Lawai'i is the perfect embodiment of the decorated island part of new horizons, but it incorporates the sense of community that i feel the game overall lacks as well, which i love. overall, the vibes are very warm and pretty 🧡

my favourite areas that i got to explore were the island entrance, beachside carnival, and the botanical garden(?), all of which are pictured below! i also couldn’t help but nab some silly and extra photos as well, since i’m more of a goofy photographer than a good one LOL

IMG_4190.jpeg
IMG_4191.jpeg
IMG_4192.jpeg
IMG_4193.jpeg
IMG_4194.jpeg
IMG_4195.jpeg
IMG_4198.jpeg
IMG_4199.jpeg

cas.jpg

I am visiting Aurea(DA 3470-3239-5730). My costume is Castiel from the show Supernatural.

1698105995884.jpeg

Edited by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
avalar.jpg

I am visiting Avalar (DA-9982-3992-9074) for Jack's Birthday Bash! And what a party it is! I'm going as a cottagecore witch. :)

Definitely visit if you have the time - everything is soooo well done! I wanted to take a pic in front of the cauldron, but there's a really cool graveyard area you must see. And I love the candy corn + leaves path to pieces 😭 💕

2023102120532700-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

I'm visiting the island of Twinleaf (DA-9909-8873-7404). I'm dressed as Jack Skellington, the pumpkin king because you can never have enough cool dudes named Jack during Halloween.

10/10 would recommend. Everything is so cute and well put together 🎃 💜

Dress and facepaint are not my designs. I found them in the portal :)

Oh! This was a neat idea! I am dressed up as a pirate to totally not plunder all the candy found on the island :3

Island Name: Sumeru
Island Dream Address: DA-3830-7125-6917.

thumbnail_IMG_4210.jpg

An ancient spirit is rumoured to haunt the Vanilla Cemetery, but it isn’t as malicious as you would think. Its purpose is to ensure that those laid to rest have a safe space, and the following image captures a cemetery inhabitant enjoying the peace.

IMG_8835.jpeg

Vanilla (DA-4756-2894-1269)
I was inspired by the original creator’s note, so I decided to build off of it by dressing as a ghost!
(Emily from “The Corpse Bride”)

IMG_8834.jpeg

So I visited Royale-3! Such an amazing island, well worth to look around other areas because its amazing!

However when you get to the forest... things got pretty spooky... I'm a Skeleton who doesn't shy away from a party nor a bit of spook, but this place send chills down my bare spine... *clickclackclickclack*

F9BTrSvboAAbRwQ.jpeg

Highly recommend visiting! But maybe stay clear of the forest...

Island Name: Royale-3
Island Dream Address: 8457-0676-4056

Heya! I hope you don't mind if I visit the dream island of Avalar (9982-3992-9074)

I'm all dressed up as Pearl from Splatoon! What's more fitting when celebrating Jack's birthday when you can have a Splatoween splatfest styled celebration! 🥳
2023102222102500-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

2023102222134700-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Definitely have to show that I actually visited the dream island.

2023102222081400-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

A wild Pearl appeared!

2023102222055100-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg
Alternate version of the shown photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back