Has Anyone Else Thought of How Their Pets Would Be as Villagers?

Serabee

Autistic Time-Traveler
Bells
Island
Woodland
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
Special Snowflake
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Green Christmas Stocking
Matryoshka Doll
Tricolored Puppy Plush
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Festive Bell
Tin Robot
So, the thread about "what personality would you be" got me thinking- am I the only one who's imagined all my pets over the years as villagers? And what personality they'd be, what they'd look like, what hobby they'd have, what their catchphrase would be, etc.? I hope not, 'cause I made this thread for everyone to share theirs~ Here are mine (I put them in spoilers 'cause they're rambly and long, lol):

Raven: My 13 year old, very round, one-toofed black cat. She would 100% be sisterly. When she was the youngest cat she could be a troublemaker (and most sisterly characters describe being that in their youth), but as an older sister she ROCKS- she's patient and loving but not afraid to tell Pumpkin to knock it off when he's being rude. She also is very caring and is definitely the type to give you medicine if you're sick (I always remember that from ACNL, lol). For appearance she'd be a black cat with big, round gold eyes, and a cute mouth with a single tooth sticking out on the bottom (she has one canine tooth left, and while it doesn't stick out, it's SO cute when she opens her mouth). Her catchphrase would probably be something like "mreow", because that's the noise she makes a lot. But she does it without appearing to move her mouth... which is sadly a trait the game couldn't replicate. Her hobby would be education- Raven's favorite real life hobby is sniffing, which she does to learn about things, so education. Her favorite thing in the world is when the house is being changed slightly, the past two days we took holiday decorations down and she was so excited about all the boxes and stuff. In fact, she seems grumpy today because things are back to normal.

As a side note, Raven's the one I'd REALLY love to be a real villager- I bet she'd be cute and popular 😝

Bat: Bat is my 5 year old dog, she's a black terrier mix (she looks kind of like a black jack russell). She would definitely be snooty. She's a STICKLER for manners and will let everyone know when they're being rude, growling and grumbling. Her hobby would probably be fashion, because she has lots of collars and seems to like the attention they bring her. She'd have to use the wolf mold, since her ears are pointy, but she'd also have to break the mold with one being permanently folded over- she could have both ears up straight (how she got her name), both down, or one up/one down, which is her default. Her catchphrase would be something like "uff"- the low, gutteral sound she makes when she wants people to know they're misbehaving.

Pumpkin: Pumpkin is my 4 year old cat. He's an orange tabby with orange stripes and orange eyes. He's very orange. He's kind of a hard cat to pinpoint because he's very loving and snuggly with me, but totally terrified of any humans who don't live in our house (so anyone besides me and my parents). But, he LOVES to move, so I finally settled on a jock with a play hobby. His favorite game in the world is when we play with his wand toys, and he's just a playful little cat in general. If something is new, as soon as he's determined it won't eat him, he wants to know if it is fun. If it's fun, it's now his. He'd be an orange tabby cat with small, cute orange eyes and a sweet smile. His catchphrase would be... umm, whatever the phonetic representation of trilling or chirping would be. He's always making those noises (he loves to announce things- "I'm jumping on the table", "I'm jumping OFF the table", "I'm ambushing you", etc.), but IDK how to spell it out, lol.

Those are my current pets, but IDK, if I feel like it later I might add my previous pets! Anyway, I'm curious to see if anyone else has given this some thought, and what they've come up with ☺ I might also add pictures of my pets later, but I'd have to dig up the coding, lol.

Aw, this is fun! I don't have any pets at the moment, but I wanna do this with the ones I used to have!

She was a white cat. I'd make her personality snooty. She was sassy and hated children but was full of snuggles when you gained her trust. If she had a house u would fill it with things like aquariums and animal cages, because one of her favorite things to do was watch my old fish tank, or stare at birds outside.as for her hobby, I'd either make it play because she used to run around the house at 2 in the morning, or music, because toward the end of her life she went deaf and the house would be filled with her meows as she tried to hear herself (so I guess kinda like singing lol).
Bogie was dog, although he was a westy/cairn terrier mix, so the current dog model's ears don't really match. He was dark brown/black and had some grey peppered in around his beard and eyes as he got older. He'd definitely be lazy, he sat around on the couch all the time and only got motivated for walks and food lol. I'm unsure what kind of house I'd give him, tbh. As for clothes, I'd put him in something that looks like it has a bandana around the neck. He used to come home from the groomer wearing a little Packer bandana and it was the cutest thing ever. Hobby would probably be nature, just cuz he used to have to smell (and subsequently pee on) every single tree we passed.
This one's a bit tricky, she was actually a turtle. Is, I should say. She's still alive, but I gave her to a family who could better take care of her. If they ever add more reptilian villagers it might work better, but I guess for now she'd have to be an alligator lol. I'd probably make her a normal/sweet personality. Or perhaps sisterly because I originally thought she was male when I bought her? 🤔 Idk. It's harder to gauge the personality of a turtle. Her house would look like it's outside, like the backyard stuff. She always loved being out in the grass. Put a little kiddie pool and some rocks and she'd love it. Hobby would be play, I think? Whichever one or is where they more frequently fish. Cuz she loved to eat feeder fish, so I can imagine her fishing a lot haha.

(Side note, this makes me really want turtle villagers, and other reptiles like lizards)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, she's a red-eared slider, pretty typical-looking example.

this is a really cute idea! I have 2 cats atm, they're only 6 months old but I reckon I can solidly gauge their personalities
Iris is a black + white cat and she would 100% be a snooty! although she has her moments where she'll go insane running all over the place, she is just so elegant and definitely knows what she wants and goes after it. she'll wake me up to let me know it's breakfast time *right now*, fall asleep on top of me because that is exactly where she needs to be, and she only meows if she wants something. snooty all the way! her catchprase would probably be something like "mrow" because I dunno, in my head that's just a sophisticated meow sound. and as for her hobby I can't actually think of them all off the top of my head but maybe fashion?
this one is hard but I'd say she's maybe peppy/uchi? she's more of a tabby cat and much more vocal about her wants and everything. litter tray needs to be cleaned? she'll sit by it and meow. wants more food? sit by the food bowls and meow. wants a treat? she'll knock the treat bags down from where we keep them or drag them into her bed. she also runs around a bunch and is just generally very active - one minute she's on a windowsill, the next she's moved to someone's bed or the cat tower. but as for the uchi side of her, she definitely takes care of Iris - if we accidentally lock a cat in a room, Olive will meow and try to tunnel under the door to get her out. and of course she occasionally bathes Iris to keep her up to standard. her catchphrase would be something like "honey" because it just seems endearing, and her hobby would probably be play - she absolutely loves chasing those toys you can buy that are attached to a stick

Hmm an interesting question.

I have a white 6 lb Pomeranian named Luca. I’m pretty sure he’d be the smug personality. I’m not sure about hobbies and the rest... but he’s definitely a prima donna.

And as for my cat, Stella. She’d definitely be cranky. Like uchi is not enough for her. She needs cranky.

I don't have any pets, but I have thought about drawing my parents dog as a villager. Her name is Roxy, and she's a German Shepherd and I think Great Dane mix. She's a big, goofy dog, but I love her so much! I think she'd probably fall under sisterly or normal.

I have a dachshund named roxie, she'd be a lazy/cranky cross. she'd be the town protector though. my cat Rizzo i don't know if she'd fit any personality but she'd be the one murdering all the other villagers, especially mice and hamsters.

My twin and I were just having a similar conversation the other day about our pets and their villager types! My parents have a cat that (apart from being fed) wants nothing to do with us - he would be a cranky villager. While the other one is affectionate and rather plump... I think he'd be a lazy type.

Well this is not too difficult. My black lab is female but has the lazy personality. She constantly eats so I can imagine she would only talk about food. Not only that, she sleeps most of the day and night. So yeah, definitely lazy

My dog Jacob actually looks almost the same as Bones, his hobby and personality matches him too so it feels like he’s already in the game in a way

I have a grey tabby cat, so I got Lolly on my island to stand in for her. She's very sweet so I do think she would be normal type as well.

I have no pets as they've already passed on awhile ago.

But I did turn my friend's dog into an animal crossing villager. There's no extensive background on her; I was just making her a twitch emote.

I have a tan horsecoat sharpei. So, naturally a very wrinkly designed doggo villager. I'd think she'd be an uchi. She likes to act tough and is standoffish to strangers...but is a baby with family/people she's close to and loves to have quality time. She's affectionate in a reserved way by wanting to always be near or be apart of what you're doing...but she doesn't get into giving you kisses/licks or being up in your lap like most other breeds do.
She doesn't let other dogs try to dominate over her so she's very much a leader independent personality (except when it comes to humans since she's trained naturally) but I wouldn't think she'd fit the snooty personality since she's a quirk-ball.
I think her house would be an average home looking design. Maybe fireplace since she doesn't like the cold, a cat tree (because in some ways she acts more like a cat imo lol - likes to chase lasers), and a plush or two (she loves to hold plush toys in her mouth when she's excited).

I have a typical tri-coloured beagle named Louie. When I was first looking up villagers that could represent her, I was shocked to see that the villager that has her name is a big burly gorilla haha. In my NL towns I used both Bea and Butch to represent my love for beagles. If I could choose her personality though, she'd be a lazy for sure. Her personality fits a lazy so perfectly: she loves to eat and nap and she's obsessed with chasing bugs that show up around the house.

I had a bombay cat who unfortunately passed away this last summer. She was my real life version of Kiki. I would even call her KiKi, which was just short for Kitty Kitty.

i have a black cat named brat cat (not named by me), and i think if she were a villager she would look similarly to kiki but darker, a different nose, and have a white patch of fur on her chest. her name would be Brat and her catchphrase would either be "meows" or "claws". she'd probably be snooty, or if not, the first female cranky.

i also used to have a dog, an alaskan malamute (he hasn't passed i just don't live with him anymore) and he's HUGE. while he is a purebred dog, he would be a wolf villager if he were in the game with an alaskan malamute design because irl many people have mistaken him for a wolf due to his size lol. his name is hunter. i think he'd either be a lazy or a jock type, because he LOVES food but also LOVES to be outside and run around, and gets super excited over walks.

I have a cat and her name is Artemis (after the moon goddess) and I think she would definitely be snooty, something akin to Whitney or Diana. Considering Diana is the Roman equivalent to Artemis I feel like they would get along just fine lol. But my cat is a grey cat mixed with a tortoise color cat so she’s got a lot of colors and one of her eyes has a lighter tan color around it which is really cool. My cat is sweet but she would be snooty lol she knows what she wants and she definitely knows how cute she is

I've considered this and my three eldest pets, all males, are very easy to pin a personality to but my younger two female pets are more tricky. Freddie, my brown and white spaniel, is definitely lazy as he loves nothing more than a good sleep and getting something to eat, he is also probably the least intelligent of my pets which I think fits that personality. Harley, my cream and white Maine coon, would be a full cranky villager. He has quite a grumpy expression and doesn't like too much attention, much preferring to be left alone and he is constantly out exploring, especially during the summer. When he gets used to people though he warms up to them and can be very friendly. Hugo, the blue tabby Maine coon, would be mostly lazy with a little bit of crankiness. He prefers sleeping inside over exploring and loves food, he'd willingly eat anything he could get his paws on but if he's not in the mood for attention he can become very grumpy.
For the harder two I'd say Mabel, my ruby cockapoo, would be a mixture of peppy and Uchi, she is incredibly friendly and loves been outside. I reckon if she was a character she'd look out for others but still be blunt and if she could talk I think most of it would be about herself. Isla, my rag doll, is probably closest to a snooty personality as she is very good at grooming herself and is a but like a princess, she knows she's cute and she'd always use it to her advantage.

Currently I don't have any pets, but my past pets would be cranky (my oldest cat), lazy (my youngest cat), and normal (my dog).

This is a great idea. I have two hound dogs, Mari and ZZ. They are both about five years old.

Mari. Mari would be a peppy villager that enjoys play. I’m thinking, like Apple, she would be a high energy, social butterfly, running all over the island every day greeting everyone. Her skill would be jumping, and her goal would be to jump all of the fences in the island. Her catchphrase could be “You are my new best friend. Let’s play!”

ZZ. ZZ would be a lazy villager that enjoys nature. She likes nothing better than long walks at her own pace. She sniffs and eats whatever is in her path, and is not at all picky. She is more shy of other villagers, but once you get to know her she’ll be your loyal friend for life. Her skill would be her sense of smell. Her goal could be to identify every villager by scent, blindfolded. Her catchphrase phrase could be “ there’s no such thing as stink“.

awe, i’ve loved getting to read about everyone’s pets! :’)
while lazies in-game are male, we’ll pretend that zeva is the exception aha. zeva is a black shorthair and so appearance-wise, she’d definitely look similar to kiki, except there would be a tuff of white fur on her chest and her belly would be mostly white, as well. my girl is very chubby and is very, very lazy. in-game, you’d definitely catch her sleeping in various places throughout the day and, like in real life, would gladly and randomly plop onto the ground whenever she sees fit. particularly, right in front of where you’re walking, so i think she’d fit in with the other villagers just fine. ;p

her house would be a mess, mostly filled with boxes as despite the fact that she has many comfy places to nap, her favourite spot is in a box of some kind. of course, she’d have a couch, bed and chair, too, for the times that she likes to switch things up. she’d have her own pet bird (a birdcage) and whenever her bird would make noise, she would, of course, completely disregard the bird in the room and think that the bird was outside. no matter what you say or even if you physically point the bird out to her, her neck will still remain craned towards the window. of course, there’d be a box underneath the window, too, so that she can step up and look outside. can’t forget a food bowl and some water, too!

i’ve been racking my brain a bit to try and figure out a catchphrase for her. “piggily-wiggily”, to describe what i call her whenever she finishes all of her wet food? “spitball”, since she spits her food everywhere when she eats? “panther”, since my mom likes to refer to her as a black panther (and even occasionally, a baby black bear)?

but i think i would go with “smooshy”, as i’ve gotten into the habit of referring to her as “smooshy face”. might seem a bit silly but i think she likes it and so, we just roll with it. :’)

E507CBA8-B540-4510-A127-2F7FEB01593A.jpeg

Back