• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How many villagers would you like to have on your island?

RusticMoon

Bells
After Pocket Camp update allowed more villagers in campsite I thought that we would get option to have more villagers on our island. Despite this not happening I still wonder if other people would want to have more villagers on their islands. For me it would be at least 16 since it would allow to have both sub-types for every personality. What would be perfect number of villagers for you if we could have more?

That's an interesting question. o: I'm comfortable with 10 villagers (sometimes I even think 10 is a lot, especially when I'm trying to find all of them to give them gifts and whatnot), but I agree that 16 would be cool too. It'd be nice to have 2 of each personalities, I really like this idea. c:

I would love to have more villagers. For me it would be 16. Since I could fit 6 more plots without my island feeling cramped. I have a hard time letting villagers go but wanting to see different villagers.

I’d like to have 16. Since there’s personality type A and personality type B for the villagers then I would have an A and a B for each personality.

I'd have no room on my main island.. it would be so hard to fit in more then who I have. Everyone is so organized where they are. Also a purpose for where they are I'd have to change up alot.

Any more would either be in South Park or on the beach, which would be really cramped.. That's what I was going to avoid when I was planning my layout. So as much as that would be cool, Id have such a hard time fitting in more houses.

Last edited:
More villagers was the thing I desperately wanted the most when we were receiving major updates. 10 just isn't enough...your suggestion of 16 would've been perfect to have room for 2 villagers of each personality. I believe I wanted 20 back when the game was new lol

i was lowkey disappointed when the number of villagers you can have on your island wasn’t increased in the 2.0 update, especially when new villagers were added to the game. i think maybe nintendo was trying to do something like it by having there not be a limit on how many vacation homes you can design in the hhp dlc (it’s kinda like having all the villagers on one big island if you design a home for all of them), but it’s still not the same as actually having them on your island lol

i have a lot of favourite villagers, so it’s always been hard to choose just 10. i think 16 would be a good number since like you said, it’d allow for two of every personality and one of each sub-type, but i’d be happy with 15 like in the gamecube animal crossing, or even 12

I’m content with ten villagers. I can’t imagine there being anymore. I sometimes wish we could have less villagers. I know you don’t necessarily have to build ten plots, but I’m fine with it and how my island is. I love my group of villagers and think they are perfect together.

I’d like 12-14, I think. 16 would be lovely, but in that case I’d want at least two new personalities. It’s weird to have an island so much bigger than the town in New Leaf but the same number of villagers—really hits home the feeling that this is primarily a decorating/customizing game now and not a life sim. All that space is meant for elaborate outdoor projects, and without them the game feels a little lonely and spread out.

That's a hard one to answer... I guess though I'd want 2 more plots making it 12 total
I try to give each villager on my island their own little plot of land with a customized yard, which means a third of my island is literally just resident's homes (mine included).

I would love the option to have more villagers without giving up my current roster, but trying to find space for more houses sounds like it would be a tight fit 😶

16, due to subtypes, basically allowing two of every type. But I want it to be optional, so if you wanted less after having 16, you can. I think it's dumb that new horizons won't let you go back to 8 if you have 10. But I suppose the thought probably was one of each personality and two for rotating villagers to see more of them. But some people feel those two extra slots feel repetitive with dialog.

I also think 16 feels more like a town.

16 would be cool for a city theme. I'm pretty good at doing city themes. At the same time, however, having an island with nothing but houses would get kind of cramped and repetitive.

Nintendo, if you're listening, take the City Folk concept and expand on it further for the next game. That would be a dream game for me.

I'd probably add just 5 more to make it 15. Just to have all my favorites in there.

I'd like 15-16. There were some villagers that would have also been perfect for my island in addition to the 10 I have now.

It's just crazy that 20 years ago the GC game released and allowed us to have 15, yet every game since has pushed it down to 10. You'd think that with more memory and console power that we'd have it back to 15 by now, but I guess decorating took priority instead this time.

If Im being quite honest, I would be a really big fan of a 12-16 villager town. I just never felt like 10 was quite enough, but I played a lot of Animal Crossing so its pretty natural that I would want more villagers to talk to across my hours on the game.
I think a return to GameCube sized villages would be amazing, but maybe an even number is 14 or 16 would be better for the designers among us. I would just really enjoy to make my town feel like a bit more of a hub of life and activity, you know?

I am going to be controversial and saying this but I would rather have 8 villagers only. I mean just having multiple of the same villager types wasn't so good. I would have it to where there was the villager types in one and none of them were speaking the same way as each other. It makes talking to villagers a lot more better. Maybe I would want more villagers have they had more personalties but I seem to find myself feeling more comfortable with different types and not the same type as each other.

For me, 12 would be perfect! 10 is nice, but there are several villagers I really like and I can’t enjoy because we have this limit. Some here talk about 16. For me, for the size of the island and taking good care of all of them, it is a bit too much. But two of each personality could be great! For a city theme tough, more would be great!

Back