• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Hamilton: An American Musical

What's your favorite song from Hamilton?

• Aaron Burr, Sir

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My Shot

• The Story of Tonight

• Farmer Refuted

• Right Hand Man

• A Winter's Ball

• Helpless

• Satisfied

• The Story of Tonight (Reprise)

• Wait For It

• Stay Alive

• Ten Duel Commandments

• Meet Me Inside

• That Would Be Enough

• Guns and Ships

• History Has Its Eyes On You

• Yorktown (The World Turned Upside Down)

• What Comes Next?

• Dear Theodosia

• Non-Stop

• What'd I Miss

• Cabinet Battle #1

• Take a Break

• Say No To This

• The Room Where It Happens

• Schuyler Defeated

• Cabinet Battle #2

• Washington On Your Side

• One Last Time

• I Know Him

• The Adams Administration

• We Know

• Hurricane

• The Reynolds Pamphlet

• Burn

• Stay Alive (Reprise)

• It's Quiet Uptown

• The Election of 1800

• Your Obedient Servant

• Best of Wives and Best of Women

• The World Was Wide Enough

• Total voters

Hamilton

Hamilton Trash
Bells
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Timmy Christmas Doll
Jingle Christmas Doll
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Pumpkin Cupcake
I'm making this post because I haven't seen any Hamilton appreciation on this site so far, and I really want to talk to someone about the musical/ soundtrack because it's recently become my life obsession. xD Any fans of Hamilton out there?

my social studies teacher is obsessed with this and sings alexander hamilton each day it's fire

mate what is this musical

Literally only the best thing to ever grace this planet. It was a smash hit at won 11 Tony Award from the 16 it was nominated for! It basically takes history, but makes it cool. It's a musical detailing the life of Alexander Hamilton, the guy who established the American Treasury. JUST LISTEN TO THE SOUNDTRACK IT'S SO AMAZING AGHHHH

- - - Post Merge - - -

my social studies teacher is obsessed with this and sings alexander hamilton each day it's fire

Oh my god that sounds amazing! My social studies teacher actually managed to get tickets somehow and saw it in Broadway with the original cast and everyone in the class who knew about Hamilton was so mad that she got to go! xD We all need a little Ham in our lives.

don't e ven get me started on how obsessed I am with Hamilton

Alright so I discovered Hamilton through a friend who is a broadway freak. I heard My Shot first. I was obsessed with that song. Then, two other friends and the first friend all saw it, loved it, and then recommended Satisfied. I fell in love with Angelica. Then I heard It's Quiet Uptown and that broke my heart, but I didn't have the context. So, I sat down and listened to the whole musical.

Aw man. My life changed forever after that. I'm not kidding about that. Immediately after finishing the musical's soundtrack, I began research on not only A. Ham, but everyone else involved with his story (other than Thomas Jefferson bc f--- him.) Because of the research, I also learned a lot about the revolution, the Constitution, the Federalist Papers, and y'know, America's Founding Fathers. Not gonna lie, I had a real appreciation for history when I was going through this whole Hamilton thing...

But let me talk about Lin Manuel Miranda. Lin is a talented man. He also did In The Heights, and I saw a high school production of it and it was a really great experience. But his writing...for a writer, it's inspirational. I watch his interviews, I read articles, and he is an amazing man. I listened to this speech and felt so uplifted. As someone going through a really rough time with finding themselves and figuring out what life was all about, for the first time in years, I felt like I knew where my life was going to go. I felt ready. I follow him on twitter and have notifications on because his tweets are (sometimes) very motivating. [ Tweets below ] His response to the Orlando shooting...his speech when he won the Tony!! What he has done for people is truly incredible.

BAck to Hamilton bc yikes

So y'all already know that getting tickets = nightmare. My best friend got into Hamilton much later in the game. We looked for shows. $1000+ on stub hub and they might not even be legit. Otherwise through official and trusted sources, we would have to see it in 2017. We don't know where we would be in Jan 2017. So we're like "rip us seeing it". BUT my friend's dad got tickets for our Hamiltrash group. Lucky us!! Except it's a month after Lin leaves!!! And Phillipa Soo!! ANd Leslie Odom Jr!!! I'm so sad but it'll be okay. We're seeing Hamilton in August!!!

Hamilton helped make my friend group grow closer. We're all so close now. We all learned new things about each other because of this beautiful thing.

Also mentioning Alexander Hamilton gets to stay on the $10 bill !!!! yay !!!!

My favorite songs? Alright. (THis always changes) I'll do lyrics for the tops.

Hurricane [ I picked up a pen, I wrote my own deliverance. ]
Satisfied
But when I fantasize at night,
It’s Alexander’s eyes
As I romanticize what might
Have been if I hadn’t sized him
Up so quickly
At least my dear Eliza’s his wife;
At least I keep his eyes in my life…
Helpless
Look into your eyes, and the sky’s the limit I’m helpless!
Down for the count, and I’m drownin’ in ‘em
Burn
I saved every letter you wrote me
From the moment I read them
I knew you were mine
You said you were mine
I thought you were mine

ok that's it for lyrics from me

Guns and Ships
The Schuyler Sisters
Stay Alive (Reprise) -> It's Quiet Uptown (the transition)
Dear Theodosia (this song makes me cry)
Say No To This
Aaron Burr, Sir -> My Shot (the transition)
Yorktown (The World Turned Upside D
Take A Break
The Story of Tonight
Alexander Hamilton
Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tell Your Story
One Last Time
Right Hand Man
Cabinet Battle #2
Cabinet Battle #1
History Has Its Eyes On You
That Would Be Enough
Ten Duel Commandments
Meet Me Inside
The World Was Wide Enough
Stay Alive
Non-Stop
The Room Where It Happens
The Story of Tonight (Reprise)
Best of Wives, Best of Women
The Adams Administration
Your Obedient Servant
A Winter's Ball
Wait For It
The Election of 1800
The Reynolds Pamphlet
Washington on Your Side
Blow Us All Away (it hurts)

[Least Favorites. All of those are favorites.]
Farmers Refuted
What'd I Miss?
We Know
I Know Him
You'll Be Back
Schuyler Defeated (wtf is this)

I think those are all the songs.

My favorite
(I can't find the second one I'll come back)
3rd fave

but hamilton's ok i guess

don't e ven get me started on how obsessed I am with Hamilton

Alright so I discovered Hamilton through a friend who is a broadway freak. I heard My Shot first. I was obsessed with that song. Then, two other friends and the first friend all saw it, loved it, and then recommended Satisfied. I fell in love with Angelica. Then I heard It's Quiet Uptown and that broke my heart, but I didn't have the context. So, I sat down and listened to the whole musical.

Aw man. My life changed forever after that. I'm not kidding about that. Immediately after finishing the musical's soundtrack, I began research on not only A. Ham, but everyone else involved with his story (other than Thomas Jefferson bc f--- him.) Because of the research, I also learned a lot about the revolution, the Constitution, the Federalist Papers, and y'know, America's Founding Fathers. Not gonna lie, I had a real appreciation for history when I was going through this whole Hamilton thing...

But let me talk about Lin Manuel Miranda. Lin is a talented man. He also did In The Heights, and I saw a high school production of it and it was a really great experience. But his writing...for a writer, it's inspirational. I watch his interviews, I read articles, and he is an amazing man. I listened to this speech and felt so uplifted. As someone going through a really rough time with finding themselves and figuring out what life was all about, for the first time in years, I felt like I knew where my life was going to go. I felt ready. I follow him on twitter and have notifications on because his tweets are (sometimes) very motivating. [ Tweets below ] His response to the Orlando shooting...his speech when he won the Tony!! What he has done for people is truly incredible.

BAck to Hamilton bc yikes

So y'all already know that getting tickets = nightmare. My best friend got into Hamilton much later in the game. We looked for shows. $1000+ on stub hub and they might not even be legit. Otherwise through official and trusted sources, we would have to see it in 2017. We don't know where we would be in Jan 2017. So we're like "rip us seeing it". BUT my friend's dad got tickets for our Hamiltrash group. Lucky us!! Except it's a month after Lin leaves!!! And Phillipa Soo!! ANd Leslie Odom Jr!!! I'm so sad but it'll be okay. We're seeing Hamilton in August!!!

Hamilton helped make my friend group grow closer. We're all so close now. We all learned new things about each other because of this beautiful thing.

Also mentioning Alexander Hamilton gets to stay on the $10 bill !!!! yay !!!!

My favorite songs? Alright. (THis always changes) I'll do lyrics for the tops.

Hurricane [ I picked up a pen, I wrote my own deliverance. ]
Satisfied
But when I fantasize at night,
It’s Alexander’s eyes
As I romanticize what might
Have been if I hadn’t sized him
Up so quickly
At least my dear Eliza’s his wife;
At least I keep his eyes in my life…
Helpless
Look into your eyes, and the sky’s the limit I’m helpless!
Down for the count, and I’m drownin’ in ‘em
Burn
I saved every letter you wrote me
From the moment I read them
I knew you were mine
You said you were mine
I thought you were mine

ok that's it for lyrics from me

Guns and Ships
The Schuyler Sisters
Stay Alive (Reprise) -> It's Quiet Uptown (the transition)
Dear Theodosia (this song makes me cry)
Say No To This
Aaron Burr, Sir -> My Shot (the transition)
Yorktown (The World Turned Upside D
Take A Break
The Story of Tonight
Alexander Hamilton
Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tell Your Story
One Last Time
Right Hand Man
Cabinet Battle #2
Cabinet Battle #1
History Has Its Eyes On You
That Would Be Enough
Ten Duel Commandments
Meet Me Inside
The World Was Wide Enough
Stay Alive
Non-Stop
The Room Where It Happens
The Story of Tonight (Reprise)
Best of Wives, Best of Women
The Adams Administration
Your Obedient Servant
A Winter's Ball
Wait For It
The Election of 1800
The Reynolds Pamphlet
Washington on Your Side
Blow Us All Away (it hurts)

[Least Favorites. All of those are favorites.]
Farmers Refuted
What'd I Miss?
We Know
I Know Him
You'll Be Back
Schuyler Defeated (wtf is this)

I think those are all the songs.

My favorite
(I can't find the second one I'll come back)
3rd fave

but hamilton's ok i guess

OH MY GOD YES. I LITERALLY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU JUST WROTE!

I'll admit that I have rapped to Angelica's part in Satisfied even though I'm a boy. SATISFIED IS SO GOOD. But also Th Schuyler Sisters. IM BASICALLY ANGELICA'S UNDERSTUDY

If I were to list my top 3 songs, these were the fist ones to come to my mind:
Schuyler Sisters
Satisfied
Election of 1800

And for my least favorite:
FARMERS REFUTED GOD THAT SONG IS TERRIBLE

I haven't watched it or anything but one of my seniors really liked Hamilton so we listened to some songs while working

I really like you'll be back :>

i had no idea what it was until i saw a post somewhere about it being a racist musical. aside from that i barely know anything.

the name always made me think it was some weird, super old book or something written by like uh shakespear or someone lmao

Back