• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

had my first final today!!!

epona

unfortunately european
Bells
Mom's Plush
Pink Star Fragment
ど
う
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Togepi Easter Egg
森
Pokéball
ぶ
つ
had my english paper 1 this morning
it was awful i'm 90% sure i failed the paper, i've got paper 2 tomorrow though so i guess i can redeem myself then hahah
seamus heaney (irish poet who died last year) was predicted to come up on paper 2 and a lot of people relied on that and only studied him but he came up on paper 1 instead hahahahahahaha that blows
fingers crossed emily ****inson comes up tomorrow shes my main gal

Congratulations, and good luck for tomorrow!

****inson is great, I hope for your sake that she comes up too! We did Yeats this year but, although I like his poetry, I was very envious of the other class that did get Emily.

Good luck on your next final. it's dead weak here at my university. I have all of my finals next week.

Congratulations, and good luck for tomorrow!

****inson is great, I hope for your sake that she comes up too! We did Yeats this year but, although I like his poetry, I was very envious of the other class that did get Emily.

i love emily so much and i have a lot prepared on her!!!
we have to study 8 poets (and about 6 poems from each) but only four poets come up on our exam, and you choose one of the four to write your essay on
a lot of people only learn four because the odds are with you that one of your four will come up, but that's far too risky for my liking! so i learned six just in case
we do sylvia plath, emily ****inson, seamus heaney, w.b. yeats, gerard manley hopkins, elizabeth bishop, patrick kavanagh, and thomas kinsella

- - - Post Merge - - -

Good luck on your next final. it's dead weak here at my university. I have all of my finals next week.

ah dead weak was last week for me haha, i finish two weeks from today which is nice!!! thank you good look to you too!!!

A little shout: Why the F do you guys have to put * in ****inson. Yeah there is a part that is vulgar, but I don't see the point of doing so -_- it's her flipping name

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh. I just saw that it was tbt who did that my bad

A little shout: Why the F do you guys have to put * in ****inson. Yeah there is a part that is vulgar, but I don't see the point of doing so -_- it's her flipping name

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh. I just saw that it was tbt who did that my bad

dont worry im not censoring poor emily

(Why does TBt put *** , is it the same for ****ins ? Oo)

(Oh and good luck on your exams also had them two days ago)

- - - Post Merge - - -

D i c k i n s o n

D i c k i n s

i love emily so much and i have a lot prepared on her!!!
we have to study 8 poets (and about 6 poems from each) but only four poets come up on our exam, and you choose one of the four to write your essay on
a lot of people only learn four because the odds are with you that one of your four will come up, but that's far too risky for my liking! so i learned six just in case
we do sylvia plath, emily ****inson, seamus heaney, w.b. yeats, gerard manley hopkins, elizabeth bishop, patrick kavanagh, and thomas Kinsella

Sounds great! Now this is why I'm applying to do English at University. Which Yeats did you do? Our anthology was a pretty arbitrary selection of his works from early to last, but it was interesting to plot the changes he made to his style, themes etc.

Last edited:
Yay didn't put ***

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm childish

(Why does TBt put *** , is it the same for ****ins ? Oo)

(Oh and good luck on your exams also had them two days ago)

- - - Post Merge - - -

D i c k i n s o n

D i c k i n s

it's D i c k e n s if you're talking about charles but yeah

and thank you!!! im sure yours went fab

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sounds great! Now this is why I'm applying to do English at University. Which Yeats did you do? Our anthology was a pretty arbitrary selection of his works from early to last, but it was interesting to plot the changes he made to his style, themes etc.

The Lake Isle of Innisfree
The Wild Swans At Cole
September 1913
Easter 1916
An Irish Airman Foresees His Death
Historical Context
Sailing to Byzantium

i didn't analyse Historical Context in great detail though
yeats is probably one of the only reasons im proud to be irish, along with joyce, beckett and wilde!!!

First? My word people are still in school this late into the season?

The Lake Isle of Innisfree
The Wild Swans At Cole
September 1913
Easter 1916
An Irish Airman Foresees His Death
Historical Context
Sailing to Byzantium

i didn't analyse Historical Context in great detail though
yeats is probably one of the only reasons im proud to be irish, along with joyce, beckett and wilde!!!

We did 5 of them, good choices! (except Easter 1916, I really didn't like that haha)

Oh God not Wilde, can't stand him! Dorian Gray and Earnest I cannot deal with! Some of his remarks at his trial are pretty classy though, but still, what a snob.

We did 5 of them, good choices! (except Easter 1916, I really didn't like that haha)

Oh God not Wilde, can't stand him! Dorian Gray and Earnest I cannot deal with! Some of his remarks at his trial are pretty classy though, but still, what a snob.
ah no i love Easter 1916, probably because one of my great-grandparents fought in the 1916 rising so it's personal for me!

NOOOO Oscar Wilde is great, aw man what a great dude
i did his trial for my history project, actually
i have a whole book of insults by oscar wilde hahahah, some of my favourite quotes come from him

- - - Post Merge - - -

First? My word people are still in school this late into the season?

i've been done for 3 weeks now, exams are always in june but we get out for study leave at the beginning of may

ah no i love Easter 1916, probably because one of my great-grandparents fought in the 1916 rising so it's personal for me!

NOOOO Oscar Wilde is great, aw man what a great dude
i did his trial for my history project, actually
i have a whole book of insults by oscar wilde hahahah, some of my favourite quotes come from him

Oh well that would make sense then, person touch always makes it more special. Was he Pearse or MacBride?

People even buy that kind of thing? Oh dear! Maybe you'll have to send me some of those sometime. To be honest that Carson was always asking for it at the trial wasn't he, just set Wilde up so many times haha.

Oh well that would make sense then, person touch always makes it more special. Was he Pearse or MacBride?

People even buy that kind of thing? Oh dear! Maybe you'll have to send me some of those sometime. To be honest that Carson was always asking for it at the trial wasn't he, just set Wilde up so many times haha.

pearse
hahaha it was a break-up gift from a former boyfriend, i didn't buy it myself! so true haha, the way wilde handled the whole thing was fantastic though, he looked like the bigger man every time

First exam? Welcome to purgatory.

Exams aren't the worst- but once you hit college, it gets awful. Awful. Be prepared to see a bunch of things you never even noticed going over in class.

Lol, hating on Dorian Gray. It's an amazing story on my end, but Wilde isn't my favorite author, either. Kind of- pretentious, in a way?

First exam? Welcome to purgatory.

Exams aren't the worst- but once you hit college, it gets awful. Awful. Be prepared to see a bunch of things you never even noticed going over in class.

Lol, hating on Dorian Gray. It's an amazing story on my end, but Wilde isn't my favorite author, either. Kind of- pretentious, in a way?

yeah, i graduated two weeks ago so these are the big ones haha

i get that wilde is pretentious, it's actually the same with a lot of irish authors as in that time the divide between rich and poor was so, so evident
i probably like him because if you trace back my family lineage does come from the richer side of ireland, and i think there's not a lot of love with him among the people who came from the poorer backgrounds as he was very much in your face upper class
i didn't know how to say this without sounding like an arrogant poo but i hope i have done O K hahahah

Back