• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Got a new 3ds but had the digital copy

Tseng

Bells
I got the new pokemon 3ds xl. I had my brother go and get it for me and i guess he brought my old 3ds to cash in. But I wanted to keep it to do the system transfer. Now it's gone ._. all I have is the old sd card. Is there any way to get back the digital copy? Or I will have to buy it again. And if I do, will I still have my save file from my old sd card?

Nope. New system, new everything. You have to but it again AND start a new :(

Maybe you can tell the retailer holding your old 3DS about your situation and if you can grab the data off of it. I mean, it's worth a shot.

Maybe you can tell the retailer holding your old 3DS about your situation and if you can grab the data off of it. I mean, it's worth a shot.

Gahhh I'm at school now. I have my o chem exam in 7 hours. I can't afford to drive half an hour to do a system transfer. Guess I'll attempt to go on Sunday and ask. If not...... *sigh* Guess I'll start over.... but all my dlc and my house was paid off >.>

Tell your brother to go. He's the one who took your system in, in the first place :p

Tell your brother to go. He's the one who took your system in, in the first place :p

I would but I have the 3ds at me now. I was gonna play it a little in between studying. Well, I guess this gives me an excuse to get the physical copy @_@

I would but I have the 3ds at me now. I was gonna play it a little in between studying. Well, I guess this gives me an excuse to get the physical copy @_@

Try calling the store, to see if they can quickly hold it. Some stores may not be able to, because they don't sort the 3DSs well enough. The next problem is the fact that stores will often clear the 3DS's preferences and saves before selling it. The sooner you call, the better.

If this is unfortunately not the case, harass your brother into giving you the cash to pay for the physical copy. :p His fault, yeah?

Try calling the store, to see if they can quickly hold it. Some stores may not be able to, because they don't sort the 3DSs well enough. The next problem is the fact that stores will often clear the 3DS's preferences and saves before selling it. The sooner you call, the better.

If this is unfortunately not the case, harass your brother into giving you the cash to pay for the physical copy. :p His fault, yeah?

Yeah. I'm gonna tell him to ask his friend since they work there. This is is fault and he can pay for the physical copy. But there's a lesson here. NO digital copies! Haha.

Yeah. I'm gonna tell him to ask his friend since they work there. This is is fault and he can pay for the physical copy. But there's a lesson here. NO digital copies! Haha.

The nice thing about physical copies too is the fact that you could trade or sell those back when you're done with em, too. :3

Best of luck in your endeavors. I really hope it turns out well for you. If not, I can spare a few in-game bells to help get you a head start.

The nice thing about physical copies too is the fact that you could trade or sell those back when you're done with em, too. :3

Best of luck in your endeavors. I really hope it turns out well for you. If not, I can spare a few in-game bells to help get you a head start.

Haha thanks XD I don't want to take your money. I'll make my friend give me fruits cause I help him start the game with money and all tools ahaha XD

Call the retailer and tell them your problem, and the color of the 3DS, if they havent reformatted it already they'll probably put it away until you can come swap the systems. If you dont call asap there is a good chance they can reformat it or send it out to be refurbished then all will be lost.

Back