• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Golden Net and Fishing Rod

Yoshi155

“I want to go home and rethink my life”
Bells
Switch
6929-4509-7861
Black Hybrid Rose
Pink Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
What do you think about how you get these specific golden tools? I’m asking because I caught my last bug, a dung beetle, in December and I’ve had to wait until tomorrow just to get my golden net.

I believe that its a great thing to strive for! It gives the players who dont donate to the Museum some satisfaction and a reward. In all Animal Crossing games I work hard to try and collect all of the golden tools and I really enjoy how much harder some of the tasks are in New Leaf compared to other games. I believe you must completely (?) upgrade the Nookling's store to get the gold shovel! The Rod and Net also have a slower bite rate and bigger radius respectively which makes it SO much easier for me now that I have all the tools! Plus NL made it worth while to keep your silver tools, the shovel can get ore, the axe gives special designs etc. Overall, I really enjoy unlocking the tools in New Leaf and I think the goals are hard but fun!

What do you think about how you get these specific golden tools? I’m asking because I caught my last bug, a dung beetle, in December and I’ve had to wait until tomorrow just to get my golden net.

Why did you have to wait until tomorrow?

I believe that its a great thing to strive for! It gives the players who dont donate to the Museum some satisfaction and a reward. In all Animal Crossing games I work hard to try and collect all of the golden tools and I really enjoy how much harder some of the tasks are in New Leaf compared to other games. I believe you must completely (?) upgrade the Nookling's store to get the gold shovel! The Rod and Net also have a slower bite rate and bigger radius respectively which makes it SO much easier for me now that I have all the tools! Plus NL made it worth while to keep your silver tools, the shovel can get ore, the axe gives special designs etc. Overall, I really enjoy unlocking the tools in New Leaf and I think the goals are hard but fun!
Gold Shovel is Leif, and fertilizer.

Yeah but it requires the store upgrade where Leif and the Nooklings are in the same building, no? I could be misremembering.

To answer the main question, I like it. I love the long term goals in NL.

Why did you have to wait until tomorrow?

I meant the golden net and golden fishing rod, because when I made this post, it was the day before the Bug-Off and I was going to get a golden net

Back