• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Glitches from the Adoption of Villagers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zell glitched out in my town, he wasn't invited from anywhere, he just took a plot, and left the day he was supposed to move in, his house have been vacant since.
He might have been from a void, but I doubt it.

Zell glitched out in my town, he wasn't invited from anywhere, he just took a plot, and left the day he was supposed to move in, his house have been vacant since.
He might have been from a void, but I doubt it.
Have you visited or hosted anyone? This is exactly what happened with the four people I gave glitched house plots to due to kicking villagers out with the campsite. It seems very likely that Zell came from someone's void.

Have you visited or hosted anyone? This is exactly what happened with the four people I gave glitched house plots to due to kicking villagers out with the campsite. It seems very likely that Zell came from someone's void.
Nope, hadn't had, nor visited anyone for days before it happened, hence I doubt it's from a void.

Nope, hadn't had, nor visited anyone for days before it happened, hence I doubt it's from a void.
It doesn't matter if it has been days or not UNLESS you have gotten a random move-in since the last time you visited or hosted somebody.

It hasn't been proven that your void will clear - a voided villager given to you by someone you host or visit will hang around in your void until you let them move in.

People (including me) have TT'd months in-game and, upon visiting or hosting somebody, still gave them a glitched plot from previously kicked out villagers "months" ago. Ex: I kicked out a Diana via campsite in April, TT'd to August one day at a time to try to get campsite visitors, visited my bf in August, and still gave him a glitched Diana plot.

Natural moved-out voided villagers from others may clear from your void after a few days (have not had this happen in my own testing), but kicked out villagers for sure do not clear properly.

If you know who you visited or hosted days ago, I would ask them if they had kicked out a Zell via the campsite.

It doesn't matter if it has been days or not UNLESS you have gotten a random move-in since the last time you visited or hosted somebody.

It hasn't been proven that your void will clear - a voided villager given to you by someone you host or visit will hang around in your void until you let them move in.

People (including me) have TT'd months in-game and, upon visiting or hosting somebody, still gave them a glitched plot from previously kicked out villagers "months" ago. Ex: I kicked out a Diana via campsite in April, TT'd to August one day at a time to try to get campsite visitors, visited my bf in August, and still gave him a glitched Diana plot.

Natural moved-out voided villagers from others may clear from your void after a few days (have not had this happen in my own testing), but kicked out villagers for sure do not clear properly.

If you know who you visited or hosted days ago, I would ask them if they had kicked out a Zell via the campsite.
I think it needs real days to clear not TT days.

I think it needs real days to clear not TT days.
I don't think real days or TT'd days matter, honestly. The Switch can't tell if days are passing normally or if you are "time traveling," especially if you never have your switch clock synchronized with the internet / real time.

I haven't tested synchronizing and waiting real days myself, but I don't think it will make much of a difference. It's worth a shot if someone else wants to test this, though.

I won't be testing this myself, unfortunately. I already have all of my dream villagers now, and I have successfully cleared my previously broken void of glitched villagers that were kicked out via campsite by voiding villagers naturally. My void is now fixed and seems to be clear of villagers: I have visited my bf's island multiple times and am no longer giving glitched plots or naturally voided villagers. In fact, he got a random move-in and no voided villagers from me despite visiting him while he had an open plot (which is why I believe my void is clear now - and it is only clear because I gave him a voided, glitch-free villager on my previous visit to him).

not to be a debbie downer, but glitched villagers can glitch even months out, with no one visiting your town (tho i did visit other people's) 💩

I have two glitched plots in my town right now. I’ve been following this guide but it seems kind of hopeless. Been trying for a couple hours now.

I’ll post back if I make any headway

not to be a debbie downer, but glitched villagers can glitch even months out, with no one visiting your town (tho i did visit other people's) 💩
If you’re talking about TT months through (which you’d have to be) that doesn’t count.
Post automatically merged:

I don't think real days or TT'd days matter, honestly. The Switch can't tell if days are passing normally or if you are "time traveling," especially if you never have your switch clock synchronized with the internet / real time.

I haven't tested synchronizing and waiting real days myself, but I don't think it will make much of a difference. It's worth a shot if someone else wants to test this, though.
I am sure that the game can recognise when somebody has TT to a degree. I was going to test it before but Nintendo have said they’re working on a patch so I’m just going to wait until the end of the month to do anything online.

Hi, I've bought a raymond yesterday. When inviting him over from the person I was getting him from, as others here I was able to invite him over continuously. At the time I didn't know that this was a glitch, so I did some trades. After checking his house, it says he moved out. Since then I have TTed forward 2 days and his house is still here. Will his house just stay here until this gets patched? Also what are the chances I will get him back when it gets patched, or is it hopeless? ;_;

Hi, I've bought a raymond yesterday. When inviting him over from the person I was getting him from, as others here I was able to invite him over continuously. At the time I didn't know that this was a glitch, so I did some trades. After checking his house, it says he moved out. Since then I have TTed forward 2 days and his house is still here. Will his house just stay here until this gets patched? Also what are the chances I will get him back when it gets patched, or is it hopeless? ;_;
Ahhh, I'm so sorry. Once they've moved out I don't think they'll be back when the patch comes :C (although I could be wrong!) That's why lots of us are in lockdown right now with our glitched villagers. Try and contact the seller and see if you can get a refund?

Is there any word on when the next patch will be? I looked around online for a possible patch forecast but couldn't find anything. I think I'm just gonna wait until that comes to resume playing.

Is there any word on when the next patch will be? I looked around online for a possible patch forecast but couldn't find anything. I think I'm just gonna wait until that comes to resume playing.
On the other glitch thread they've said by the end of the month.

Ahhh, I'm so sorry. Once they've moved out I don't think they'll be back when the patch comes :C (although I could be wrong!) That's why lots of us are in lockdown right now with our glitched villagers. Try and contact the seller and see if you can get a refund?
Figured, but here's to hoping :(
The seller actually partially refunded me my offer, so I guess I can't really complain, needless to say it really is a huge bummer though, since i was very excited to finally have him.
About the thing that the house is still there even after TTing multiple seperate days, is that also known? Will it stay like that until the patch? I was hoping if it stays like this, maybe Nintendo will be able to identify that he moved out due to the glitch and will make him come back.

So...Am I stuck with my dreamie search while I have this glitched plot? I assume no one else will ping me as long as the game thinks someone is moving?

Last edited:
So...Am I stuck with my dreamie search while I have this glitched plot? I assume no one else will ping me as long as the game thinks someone is moving?
villagers can still ask to move out actually. i had lopez ping me while freya's plot was glitched.

They will still ping to move and the theory is that when your invisible glitched villager is randomly drawn to be chosen to move, that’s when the plot resets.

Ive used amiibo cards three times, once to kick out a villager, but the other two times just to move them into empty plots as my town was filling up. I now have a different villager moving out, who was moved into an empty plot naturally. Will she risk glitching other people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back