• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Glitch Towns

Tinkalila

Unhindered Eccentric
Bells
Switch
6862-6003-7618
Small Mailbox
The Bell Tree Fair 2014 Patch
I'm pretty sure we've all seen screenshots from that one glitch town with pwps on the edge of the ocean, but I think I might have come across another? 404paradise on tumblr has lots of screenshots on her blog of a town that is presumably hers and looks very glitched. They go from simple glitches like walking on top of buildings, to things that I can't imagine how she did.
tumblr_n4z5ntWn0x1sj8nevo1_400.jpgtumblr_n4y5aqxBHs1sj8nevo1_400.jpgtumblr_n4y5boxDoz1sj8nevo1_400.jpgtumblr_n4fo63RcpA1sj8nevo1_400.jpgtumblr_n3yb6sdXvs1sj8nevo1_400.jpg
Does anyone have any idea of how she went about doing this? I once saw some expensive japanese cheating software on amazon that I heard working with New Leaf, but does anyone know for sure, or would anyone like to take some guesses at what happened?

According to what I've heard about the Japanese glitch town, someone once said that the mayor says "it's a bug, not a glitch," but I can't confirm. Some glitches like the walking on buildings one's can be done by anyone, but if that one person who translated was telling the truth maybe the person learned how to abuse or manipulate the bug?

HAHA HOLY **** i lost it at the tree one OMFG

amazing
im going to guess this is japanese?

Maybe it has something to do with the mosquito glitch? That would make sense since its a bug ;)

Or maybe the hole digging glitch?

Last edited:
Nintendo made it super difficult for people to hack New Leaf right? So I'm pretty sure that this isn't a hack, although I did consider the thought. Glitching? Probably not. A bug? Possibly. My guess is that it is probably someone using the 'expensive cheat' thingy. It is kind of awesome though!

Looking through the blog, I found a screenshot of the mayor looking through a closet and the dialog was Japanese. The player may be Japanese speaker themself since their captions occasionally sound a bit broken or slightly incorrect, as if they're starting to get used to it. Some posts sound more grammatically accurate than others, but you get the idea.

She seems to have so much fun in her town hahaha it's making me dead jealous.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Looking through the blog, I found a screenshot of the mayor looking through a closet and the dialog was Japanese. The player may be Japanese speaker themself since their captions occasionally sound a bit broken or slightly incorrect, as if they're starting to get used to it. Some posts sound more grammatically accurate than others, but you get the idea.

I don't know, most of it is in english and some in french.

I don't know, most of it is in english and some in french.
Oh, I never saw French, which post was that?

Also here's the pic:
tumblr_n4fo3z31ew1sj8nevo1_400.jpg

...Looking at it now I'm actually unsure of the language (the bottom half looks Japanese but I'm really unsure) but it's not an English copy it seems.

Nevermind the french was from another Tumblr, it was just a repost on her tumblr it seems.

If I recall correctly, the method of doing this was through a bug present in the Japanese version of the game, however, it's not possible in any other version due to it being patched before being released.

Glitches are soo cool i have a rental wetsuit in my pockets when i came back from the island

I dont know i went to the island. Took off my red wetsuit when i got there. I put on the rental suit (my fav one) when i left i put the red wetsuit back on but when i got back to my town there was a rental suit in my pockets. I dont understand how it happened :s

Last edited:
I dont know i went to the island. Took off my red wetsuit when i got there. I put on the rental suit (my fav one) when i left i put the red wetsuit back on but when i got back to my town there was a rental suit in my pockets. I dont understand how it happened :s

So cool!
I'm gonna try that.

If I recall correctly, the method of doing this was through a bug present in the Japanese version of the game, however, it's not possible in any other version due to it being patched before being released.

Ah, I see? Doing what though, exactly? She did a lot of stuff, haha.

Woah what I wanna try this! I have the Japanese ver. and want crazy glitchy PWP ;-; anyone know how they do it?

Back