• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Gift Suggestions?

Bulerias

Co-Founder of TBT
Retired Staff
Bells
Hey all. My mom just asked me what gift(s) I want for ... the holidays, and I'm sort of drawing a blank. I requested a few mystery novels, but other than that... Here are the current Wii games I have.

Wii Sports
Twilight Princess
Super Monkey Ball
Metroid Prime 3
Galaxy
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Zack & Wiki
Mario Strikers Charged
Super Paper Mario
Link's Crossbow Training

...Yeah, that's it. I compiled this list from memory, but I'm almost 100% sure that's all I have. Now, I wanted to ask for Trauma Center: New Blood, and I'm definitely going to do that, but... only that game? Maybe something else? Now, as much as I liked the original Battalion Wars, I don't want the sequel. No local multiplayer = no buy.

So... anything else great came out? I know, I made a Holiday Buyer's Guide myself (ha...ha...), but I thought I'd get someone else's opinion. Thoughts?

Hmmm... The only real great game I can think of is Guitar Hero 3, but I already heard you're not too into that so i'm not really sure... Maybe you could just ask for a game and a raincheck for when another good one comes out

;)

TwilightKing said:
Hmmm... The only real great game I can think of is Guitar Hero 3, but I already heard you're not too into that so i'm not really sure... Maybe you could just ask for a game and a raincheck for when another good one comes out

;)
Actually, yeah I change mine to GHIII.

Mino said:
This new game called XBOX 360.
haha... yeah right.... my parents would flip if I asked for another console, and I have a grand total of $20 to my name right now

Ah, I forgot about Umbrella Chronicles and Phoenix Wright 3. I'll more likely get the latter, though, as I'm in a Phoenix Wright...y mood.

My Wii Collection(Along with a Score):

1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess-> 9/10
2. Wii Sports-> 6/10
3. Wario Ware. Smooth Moves-> 9.7/10
4. Super Paper Mario-> 9.4/10
5. Mario Party 8-> 8.5/10
6. Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree-> 7.6/10
7. Wii Play-> 5/10
8. Mario Strikers Charged-> 8/10
9. Excite Truck-> 7.9/10
10. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption-> 9.6/10
11. Pokemon Battle Revolution-> 7/10
12. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn-> 9.6/10
13. Super Mario Galaxy-> 10/10
14. Battalion Wars II-> 6.4/10

Also, there are 4 more games I plan to get this year. They are:

1. Link's Crossbow Training
2. Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast
3. Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure

I'll also pick up NIGHTS: Journey of Dreams eventually.

Snoopdogga said:

2. Wii Sports-> 6/10
7. Wii Play-> 5/10
9. Excite Truck-> 7.9/10

1. ]
Holy... what's with the bad score for BWii? I heard it was a phenomenal game.

Bulerias said:
Snoopdogga said:

2. Wii Sports-> 6/10
7. Wii Play-> 5/10
9. Excite Truck-> 7.9/10

1. ]
Holy... what's with the bad score for BWii? I heard it was a phenomenal game.
The single player experience was lacking but the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection was superb. Seeing how there is very little multi-player options, I recommend you skip this game!

Review coming soon.

Propaganda Man said:
I would say Mass Effect but you don't have a 360. Oh well, sucks for you :r
Bah, even if I had a 360 I'd skip Mass Effect. I'd instead get Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Bioshock, etc.

Bulerias said:
Propaganda Man said:
Bah, even if I had a 360 I'd skip Mass Effect. I'd instead get Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Bioshock, etc.
Believe me when I say you shouldn't/ Mass Effect is a GREAT game.

Propaganda Man said:
Bulerias said:
Propaganda Man said:
Believe me when I say you shouldn't/ Mass Effect is a GREAT game.
I already mentioned how games like Mass Effect tend to make me uninterested as they go by. Too many side quests, a disjointed main story since the side stories often take priority, too much micromanaging... almost like some sort of anime.

Ask for a pack of gum and a towel.
Most important things in the whole unvierse right there.

amarriner said:
How bout a couple points cards?
Ehh... My rep gives me cards when I ask... in fact I'm thinking of starting a contest when he gives me another one.

But yeah, I think I've decided what I'm asking for. Trauma Center: New Blood and Phoenix Wright 3. I'll get Contra 4 tomorrow, so that's three awesome games while it's snowy outside... <3

Resident Evil 4 is a must have regardless if you already own it on another platform. Metal Slug Anthology is a steal and a great co-op game. Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles is a fun and very challenging game, but its only entertaining when you have friends over. Wario Ware Smooth Moves is fun for about a month. Pokemon Battle Revolution is some what of a rip-off, but the online play and local play rocks. There isn't much more than that, but there are a lot of games coming out in January, so gift cards are great too.

Well... I decided to skip Trauma Center and just go with Phoenix Wright 3, and a few mystery books. Should be a happy holiday, just like Gengar said.

^_^

Back