Switch
4805-1672-6310
Yellow Lily
Yellow Violet
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Orange (Fruit)
i decided to clean out my back room (an indoor garden) because as nice as it looked, i never went in there if i wasn't showing my bear cubs around the house. i decided to make it a gift room! i'll only put items in there that i get from my villagers. i'm sure the happy home academy won't be too happy with how it looks, but i think it'll be interesting!
here's what i have in there so far:
  • a deluxe washer (from tammy)
  • a grapefruit table (from pudge)
  • a totem pole (from pekoe)
  • a home-computer rack (from pekoe)
  • a lucky gold cat (i can't remember who it's from :()
  • a flower pop wall (from vladimir)
it's interesting because, minus the wallpaper, all these items have some kind of yellow color on them somewhere. maybe they figured out that it's my favorite color?
i'm sure other people have done something like this. most people might just sell the furniture or keep it in storage, which i did up until now because i think it's more fun when i give the gifts more meaning like this.
how do you feel about the gifts you get from your villagers? what do you do with them?

For me, it has always depended on what the item was that my villager gave me. Before I had finished decorating my house, if it was something I wanted then I kept it and displayed it. There were several items that never showed up at Timmy and Tommy's and I got them because of my sweet, wonderful villagers. But my houses are themed, so they also gave me a lot of stuff that I didn't need as well.

If I thought the item would look good in their own home, or another villager's house, I usually sent it to them in a letter or waited for them to ping me and ask for furniture and gave it to them. But if I had no use at all for the item, I just sold it because anything they give me can be reordered through the catalog anyway, with the exception of their pictures, of course. I display their pictures in a special room in the museum that I created just for that purpose.

I think I've seen where another user, RedTropicalPeachyFish, used items gifted by villagers to create rooms. They turned out really cute! Good luck with your room. It's an interesting experiment, for sure!

“i decided to clean out my back room (an indoor garden) because as nice as it looked, i never went in there if i wasn't showing my bear cubs around the house. i decided to make it a gift room! i'll only put items in there that i get from my villagers. i'm sure the happy home academy won't be too happy with how it looks, but i think it'll be interesting!
here's what i have in there so far:
a deluxe washer (from tammy)
a grapefruit table (from pudge)
a totem pole (from pekoe)
a home-computer rack (from pekoe)
a lucky gold cat (i can't remember who it's from )
a flower pop wall (from vladimir)

it's interesting because, minus the wallpaper, all these items have some kind of yellow color on them somewhere. maybe they figured out that it's my favorite color?
i'm sure other people have done something like this. most people might just sell the furniture or keep it in storage, which i did up until now because i think it's more fun when i give the gifts more meaning like this.
how do you feel about the gifts you get from your villagers? what do you do with them?”

That’s a great idea! I cherish the gifts from my villagers, and no matter how ugly, I try to never purposefully sell them. Good luck, I’m sure the room will turn out so cute.

This is such a cute idea! I usually sell my gifts from villagers unless they’re something I really like or wanted tbh.

I just sell the gifts I get from villagers if I don't need them but now this is making me consider storing them in a museum room or something :)

Back