• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Getting sick of dreamies?

LoonieToonies

niether here nor there
Bells
I may be completely alone on this, but recently I've beginning to reconsider the whole dreamie thing. Since I got them all, I feel like there's something missing for me in the game, like I have nothing to look forward to. Sometimes getting random villagers moving in and out adds to the fun of the game, and even if on get one you don't like it gives you something to do when trying to get them to leave. Idk, maybe it's just me, but it doesn't feel like animal crossing when you always have the upper hand. Does anyone else feel the same?

I hear ya. My dreamies have changed a bunch because there's just nothing much to do when villagers aren't moving in and out...that's the most exciting part of the game for me.

I completely understand this, that's why I don't have permanent dreamies because getting new villagers is all part of the fun of the game. I basically invite or look for any villager I think is cute/cool and go from there. Plus having the same villagers for too long makes my town feel stagnant.

I get this feeling, too, but it's countered by the fact that I am relentlessly dedicated to making my town oh-so-pretty. XD I'm huge on paths, bushes, flowers, and trees. I've had more than a few times when new villagers COMPLETELY RUIN IT.

Yeah, I guess you can say I get sick of them, but I always have about 4 spots open for new villagers :)

Last edited:
I feel ya. Part of the reason i reset my old town was because i was sick of the villagers i thought were dreamies. I have some of them here in my new town with me though

I can understand the feeling, but it hasn't occurred to me yet in this game. I got a portion of my dream villagers well over a year ago, and then I became inactive after I lost Fang, one of my original five villagers and also a dream villager. I played every now and then to make sure I kept the rest of my dream villagers, but my town stayed relatively stationary. Now that I've naturally cycled for and received Fang again, I'm becoming more and more interested in getting the rest of my dreamies and enjoying my current villagers. Hopefully I'll be able to feel this way for a long while before things get stale. :)

I don't really have "dreamies" per se, more villagers who I end up liking enough to stay in my town. Marshal used to be quite a sweetie but when I lost him on my main town, I decided to move keep my other smug (Julian) and just keep going. I recently got into the whole villager adoption/trading idea so now I can scope out villagers I might like to see around town.

It depends on a person's playstyle. Personally I like having permanent residents because I get really attached to my villagers. I know a lot of people that like to switch things up though. You're not alone :)

I know how ya feel, I honestly like to let villagers go even if I adore them at one point or another. Sometimes I just like to destroy their house and get their picture, and after that i'm kinda done. I have a backup list already made cause I realized I liked too many. There is plenty of cool villagers out there and I wanna catch em all tbh.

I got into dreamies when I first started the game and realized that was a thing. I got 9 out of 10 in one town and 10 out of 10 in another, but then the game itself got kinda to be too much for me and also I got bored waiting for that last unwanted villager to leave my main town, so I went on hiatus for a while. When I came back I was like, no I'm gonna play it old school and just let the villagers come and go as they will, maybe snag a freebie here and there from someone else if I like them, use my campsite, hope for the best with streetpass and just adapt to fit the randomness. I was happy at that for a while, I really was, I had a few I was gonna keep a while but eventually let go, and a bunch that I would just let go as soon as they wanted to, and it was all good until I began to develop my town... When they kept plopping down in awkward places and my paths got all wonky from being formed to fit the villagers I realized I'll never be happy in my town or achieve the goal I had set myself of making a beautiful town to dream of and visit if I had to keep fixing stuff the move ins and outs wrecked.
I can see eventually getting a little bored, but I always pick out my dreamie list with one of every villager type so that the conversations don't get too repetitive (its rough having 3 villagers all telling you the same things all the time, at least I think so) and on top of that, I have at least two developed towns at any time with different villagers, at this point I have four total, but two are for cycling, eventually I think I'll develop a third and maybe the fourth and have four different towns with all different villagers and all different overall "themes" so I think that will keep it fresh, maybe I'll leave the fourth one to just be more free, and I will maintain a "let them come and go as they please" attitude in at least one town... I did like the variety, but my need for control always seems to win...

I sorta feel that way, I would like to get to know different villagers but at the same time I have came so far to achieve them and I would atleast like to keep them around for a little longer.

I kind of get it. I have a few dreamies/villagers I love in my main town but now the game seems a bit...lacking. I wanted new villagers.

Personally, I have some villagers that I want to keep for as long as I can but then there are others that I want to keep for a while before allowing someone else to move in. It's just up to you and what you think is fun, there are people who don't have any dreamies or permanent residents.

Last edited:
I've had my dogs for so long that I couldn't imagine my town without them.

I'm often of two minds with this... On one hand I like inviting new villagers and moving villagers out of the game, because it adds to the excitement... But I also tend to get attached to certain ones, and want to keep them forever. It's just really difficult for me.

I have dream villagers, but they don't fill up all the space in my towns, so I still have the chance to get people to move in/out.

For me, I get just as much enjoyment out of completing my catalog and trying to make my towns look nice.

Plus I love logging on and talking to my villagers that I've had pretty much since day one.

I think things would start to get stale if I had the same ten villagers for a long time, so I don't really have any permanent villagers or dreamies. Plus, I'd like to try and meet new villagers (and maybe add their pics to my collection ;) ). Granted, I haven't had anyone move from my current town yet, but I don't plan on stopping anyone from moving if I've gotten their pic already.

Back