• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Gaming Dream Team!

Snowesque

Bells
Pink Hybrid Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
White Rose
If you could assemble a dream team of video game characters for a cross-over adventure, who would be on your team?

For me this would be a really hard pick. Maybe Peach and Juliet Starling? I feel as if their energies would match well hahaha.

Callie & Marie from Splatoon and Elfilin from Kirby and the Forgotten Land.
Why? I like them. That's all. It doesn't have to make sense.

Throughout the 90's, it was a dream of many children to see Mario and Sonic, the two largest and most iconic gaming mascots of the time, cross over. We've since gotten that in the form of the sports titles and more loosely in the form of the Super Smash Bros. series, but we still have yet to see a proper adventure featuring the two of them. And frankly, I think the reasons that Miyamoto and others have given for it aren't particularly compelling.

We're about twenty years removed from a Mario and Sonic crossover really having any cultural significance, even if it did happen. But I would still like to see what they could come up with if they gave it a proper attempt.

Back