• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Fondest Animal Crossing Memory?

Eclat

Askrian Summoner
Bells
Mailbox
A few years ago (maybe a year or two after ACNL came out) I got really sick. I was ill for about a week, and spent all my time switching between sleeping for a few hours and playing New Leaf. It was late evening, and was storming ingame. I remember that after just decorating for a bit, I found something that would help me sleep. It was the music box version of Stale Cupcakes, and I found out that the song playing with the background noise of rain made me knock out for the night. When I woke up my 3DS had died and Resetti chewed me out the next time I played, but for some reason this always stuck with me. I've never been able to recreate the scenario, and was only reminded of it just now by it storming terribly in my game.

Does anyone else have any experiences while playing the game that stuck with you, even years later?

my first town and when i erased it all.
i felt like i had hit a rut after months and months.
everything had been done.
it broke my heart to reset it all, and i'll never forget it.
it all remains real vivid in my mind.

i realize that isn't a fond one, but it's the one that stuck the most!

Last edited:
My fondest memory is crying for three days after deleting my Animal Crossing: City Folk town. I wanted a fresh start, but I didn’t want to delete the current town. I just forced myself to hit that delete button and erased it all. After reading that my data has been erased, I burst into tears. That was very, very many years ago.

my fondest memory is from my first town, when fuchsia was my best friend,, i got stung by bees for the first time in the entire game and she gave me medicine right away!! i remember being so happy and from that point on fuchsia was my favorite deer villager

My first Animal Crossing game was New Leaf. When Pate moved out without me knowing, I cried. This is the only time I have ever cried over a villager, then again, no one else has left unexpectedly in my New Leaf towns.
A while later, I got City Folk because I was on a long hiatus from New Leaf. I got very sick that December. (Multiple things went wrong) On New Year's eve (I think it was then), I decided to play City Folk even though I was still sick. I then found out that Pate had moved in, and I was instantly cheered up from my awful sick month.
She's not in my City Folk town anymore, but I'll always remember this.

Last edited:
I was doing this one favour for Deirdre where I had to get her a fruit. A picked up a perfect apple which turned out to be a rotten one! Yet, I somehow did not know that and I gave it to her. She ate it and got really mad. Definitely NOT intentional.

My fondest memory was in my first time ever really playing. I got Wild World for my 9th birthday so i could finally play with my best friend. She convinced me weeds were carrots growing in my town and for some reason I believed her :rolleyes: my town was full of weeds but i was so carefree of making my town perfect as i just enjoyed playing hide and seek with her and helping my villagers out. Now I find I sometimes get wrapped up in making things so perfect i dont just.. play.

i just really, really love the 7pm music. listening to it relaxes me, so i guess that’s my fondest memory.

^ i also really love the 7 pm music.
a memory i have is in the gamecube version. it was a saturday night and my cousin was over and we were taking turns watching each other play. we went to listen to KK and he played Forest Life, which is a song i had heard but i never knew the name of so i couldn’t request it. it was nice and idk why but that memory has stuck even all these years later.

i also remember the first time i found Wisp in my GC town and being spooked cause i didn’t know where the random talking was coming from.

i have many more fond memories of playing WW with my cousin all the time. we would talk about Animal Crossing a lot and when she got a 3ds we would play NL together too. we haven’t played together in years tho since we hardly play or see each other as much as we used to..

i deleted all my towns in previous games that i spent a lot of time playing thinking that it would be fun to start fresh. nope, i instantly regretted it every time and was sad to see all those hours be wiped away and now even tho i kinda have an urge to restart one of my NL towns, i refuse to cause i know i will feel the same regret and it just won’t be the same anymore. ig deleting my towns aren’t really fond memories, but they are memories that remind me not to make the same mistake lol.

My fondest memory of Animal Crossing would have to be when the original Animal Crossing came out. I remember being just old enough to stay awake all night to ring in the New Year without my parents telling me I should be going to bed. I set up my gamecube in my room which was upstairs and left it on having her just stand there waiting. I wanted so bad to see what the new year would look like in Animal Crossing that after ringing in the new year with my family - I flew up the stairs and just sat there watching the fireworks and thinking it was the best moment ever. Funny enough my parents came to my room to see why I was freaking out and they stood there for a bit watching the fireworks in AC with me.

It would have to be when me and my sister would play hide and seek in ACWW. For a game that didn't have too much to do we played it quite a bit and created a ton of memories in eachother's towns. She doesn't play it all that much now though. Another memory i'm really fond of is in the summer of when new leaf just came out and loads of people still played, me and my sister would go to a guy named Joris's town and we'd just mess around in his town for hours on end. Then some days we'd compete against eachother on the island. I always think back to it, and how he'd helped to make my (otherwise boring) summer really fun.

Last edited:
When I first started playing city folk!!
I shared a town w my younger sister at the time (which I really can't recommend lol) and at the time I hated it, but now I look back at it and remember peacefully playing in a warm spring day and everything was right w the world

Back