• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Five nights at freddys!!!

axaniao

previously ecstasy
Bells
Switch
8356-0736-5695
Island
Alternia
Dreamy Easter Egg
Prismatic Easter Egg
Spring Sakura
My Melody Easter Egg
Blue Junimo Easter Egg
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Space Whale Plush
Bluebird of Happiness Plush
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pink Moon Jellyfish
what is everyone's opinion on fnaf?? i recently got into it like a month ago and i love it sm! I've only played the first game for myself, but watched markiplier play the rest (but havent finished the security breach playthrough yet.) this is one of my favorite series ive ever gotten into, the fan content is amazing and the games are cool and the lore is so interesting to read about i could talk about it all day!!!! what are ur opinions on fnaf?? which is ur favorite game? mine is fnaf 2!

Last edited:
Im really only into it for the lore, Ive played a few games, well not completly played, but ya know, I tried.

I love how dark, and complex the story is. How all the characters are, and unexpected, what the actual plot is, is what brings me in. Ive seen all the games. The second one is probably my favorite

I played night one of Pizzaria simulator, but was too scared to play again, but I really like that one. I also played the first night of the fan game *Five nights at Candy's* but again, too much of a scardy cat to play more lol. I played another game that I can't really say the title of on here, but it was surprisingly good lol.
---
I finished all the novels for it, and they were pretty good, getting a look at the people involved, it was interesting. I have pops of two toys characters from it I also bought a book that was just about the lore, and I still have it, because thats what I like the most about the fandom.

Ive got four posters, of each character as cute like animal forms of themselves. Not many people know they're actually from Fnaf lol. Im also addicted to the second Song, living tomb stone, did for the second game. You should check it out!
I have a chibi cute little plush of Foxy key chain on my bag that I got from a mystery pack. But my favorite out of the four is Bonnie 🐰 But I honestly have a soft spot for all the characters. Puppet, Spring trap, Foxy, are probably my other favorites.
I also have a small figure of Lefty i got from another mystery box lol. Also have an over sized FNAF shirt that I tie back over a tank top to wear. I have a Bonnie winter hat that I wore yesterday, its so soft, and warm lol

As far as the new game goes, not quite sure, its not really scary, which is probably the biggest fall back, since the series is susposed to be. I might play it. Not completely sure though. But yeah, Its an interesting fandom

Last edited:
i'm really only into it for the lore and game theory's videos. i've watched markiplier play all the games at least twice, and i've watched ryan and dawko play everything since at least pizza simulator. i haven't finished a full security breach playthrough yet. i've been watching along with markiplier and matpat, but i'm watching the former with my girlfriend, so i haven't gotten to his 3 +1 hour streams yet where he gets some endings.
i've had some of them spoiled anyway, but i'm not too bothered because the game didn't really meet expectations for me? it just doesn't feel like fnaf or particularly scary. more adventure thriller than horror. plus i've seen matpat get wrecked by a few bugs that definitely should not have been in the official release of a game like this, and i feel like the "no saving" rule at the end was a bit unfair in markiplier's case. (he had to complete monty's boss fight, which he did, and then immediately got destroyed for not closing a door fast enough. whack.) i also just think it's a bit yikes, for lack of a better word, that most people will miss the opportunity to save the literally brainwashed female victim on their first go, so you're more likely to kill her. not great. not that she was even in the game much anyway? the lore seems pretty vague and absent here, and deliberately so, which kind of sucks. also not a fan of the fact that there's no passive route; you just have to mangle the other animatronics who have been hacked and aren't inherently malicious. also didn't care for gregory's glee, almost, at destroying them. jesus. also would've preferred a little girl for a protagonist since freddy is already male and so many horror protagonists (in this franchise too) are male. would've made for a nice change of pace, especially since female protagonists with gregory's personality are even rarer.

i've heard that the afton ending is pretty lame. haven't seen it myself yet though. i also think it's kind of lame that molten freddy (or whatever it's called now) kind of just... sits in a hole apparently? like there's no grand reveal, you just find it, which feels lackluster and not creepy imo. but i also haven't seen that scene myself yet, so. maybe it doesn't play out like that idk. the comic book style endings also made my girlfriend and i laugh. it just looked like they ran out of budget or something lmao, especially after you get the cutscene of freddy falling from the bridge and being attacked. idk, all in all, i think maybe this game should've been delayed until next year until they could iron out the bugs and glitches because some of them are literally game-breaking or that they maybe should've focused less on making such a massive map. i get they're a small studio, and the fnaf fandom can be pretty impatient, but it would've made for a much better playing (and viewing) experience in the end.
anyway, it hasn't been my favorite game in the franchise. i think that might have to be 1, 2 or 4 (maybe pizza sim.) since they genuinely seemed to terrify players and had a better balance of lore vs. mystery. i suppose that goes to show that shiny graphics and grandeur aren't always everything. i don't own any merchandise, although i would've bought a vanny plush if they didn't look (and feel) like
that lmao. my sister owns a lot though. figures, plushies, funko pops. personally, i'm glad i've never financially supported the franchise after learning where scott cawthon's money goes. it's kind of put me off the franchise as a whole tbh, and it's pretty cringe how fanboys of the game try to justify/ignore what he did.

Last edited:
i havent really played any of the new games from the franchise but i did buy all the games that were on the smartphone. really creepy sheet. FNAF 2 was my top fav followed by the original. have sister location downloaded on my pc too but havent got to it for so damn long lol. really need to play.

I've been following it since it first came out. I mainly watched Markiplier and pewds play it. I really got invested into it when Game theory with matt started making videos. Security breach is cool in its own right but they def threw everything together to try and make the story piece together.

I'll take this an an opportunity to infodump a bit and share all the feelings I can.

i love five nights at freddys so much :) ive been watching the series since the first few videos were released. I watched every Markiplier video and Matpat theory as they came out!! I used to have Scotts website on speeddial for the next teaser trailer. I used to even have my own OCS (i redesigned one since Security Breach came out) and I basically grew into late teenage years with the game. I think my favorite part about it is the ironic scariness of it all, the enchanced horror and how it makes you feel like you're not alone. I also enjoy the lore very much. Theres so many twists and turns that makes it feel like theres still more secrets to be uncovered. My favorite character as of now is Marionette but my old favorite was always Mangle! My favorite game is probably FNAF:2 But I also love Sister Location and Security Breach. Since it was a big part in making some of my friends I love it to death. It's such an enjoyable series. ^^

i’m not as obsessed with it as i was years ago, nor have i played any of the games other than the first one (i’m a chicken who can’t handle jumpscares lmao), but i actually really like fnaf! the lore behind it is fantastic and is so interesting to me (and sad tbh), and i really enjoyed watching markiplier’s playthroughs as well! in fact, his playthrough for the first game is actually what introduced me to his channel and led to me subscribing to him aha.

the first game is a classic and insanely iconic, but my favourite fnaf game is (and probably always will be) a tie between the third and sister location. i absolutely loved the phantom animatronics concept and the good/bad ending music in the third game, but i also loved the characters and dialogue in sister location, and enjoyed the mini games as well. the pizzeria simulator is also a favourite of mine for its first and final cutscene, too.

I like FNAF, but it's hard for me to like it too much since I can't be bothered to keep up with all the weird crap that goes into finding the lore outside of the games, and then I get bored of the games since they only tell you like 1/10th of the story. 😅 Bit lame but my favorite was probably the first since, imo, it had the best balance of tension and busy work. A lot of the other games were a bit too heavy on the busy work side. Which might be scary for others, who knows, but I guess I'm pretty good at compartmentalizing since the games felt less scary when I had more to do. It made the times I had to take a break from winding music boxes or fixing ventilation to address the animatronics feel more annoying than frightening. FNAF 1 was really the only game that forced you to sit there - in the dark, cams off, doors opened - for a few seconds at a time in order to conserve your power and those moments were the worst for me.

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked Security Breach. Immediately I could appreciate the irony of FNAF 1 coming out at a time when the indie horror scene was filled with walking sim Amnesia clones and doing something different and then, after years of spawning survive the night style FNAF clone/inspiration games, the devs come out with a walking sim lol. I really liked the environment, and they did a better job than usual of answering the lore questions they raised in the game instead of making your jump through hoops (well, you do, but the hoops are largely in-game lol). Major end-game spoilers ahead: When I got the note about the mystery sinkhole under the building that was connected to the Pizzaplex's electrical and drawing lots of power, I wrote it off as something that would never be fully developed and left as ??? ooh spooky mystery. tune into the next novel and be sure to write down the third letter of each chapter title for a link to a hidden webpage with the truth ???. Imagine my surprise when I found the hidden elevator lol

I do agree with @daringred_ though that the game is a buggy mess and it really feels like only the first half (if that) had any QA done. I appreciated what they were going for, and I can sympathize with the team putting out a 'definitely fall 2020' expected release date prior to COVID and then getting their timeline wrecked by a global pandemic, but they should have taken their time instead of panicking when they were a year late and pushing it out as it is now. I find it hard to believe that anyone playtested the canon ending which is a shame because it's the canon one.

coming back to this after seeing two full playthroughs of SB to say i basically feel the same about that game.
it's completely bugged to hell lmao. you can literally beat the game in under 3 minutes or something because of how busted it is. i was obsessed with mark cheesing his way to the """canon""" ending while freddy went through an extended spin cycle, but that was the only good thing about it. for a canon ending, it wasn't wildly inventive and was pretty overwhelming and inconclusive for what you had to do. i mean, how many times are we going to repeat "ooo, william afton is back! burn him to death!" because this is at least the third time. to me, multiple endings just didn't work for this game since there's obviously going to be another one and it makes all the non-canon endings essentially irrelevant, and their "main" female character is still a traumatized, brainwashed victim. (well, if you don't believe the theory that vanessa and vanny are separate people which i always preferred because why would you ruin the surprise of them being one individual through merch all things, but i'm skeptical that it's true.) i'm just not entirely sure where the games are supposed to go from here? this one added a bunch of unnecessary questions and didn't really answer much of anything it asked or from previous titles. if the canon ending is the afton one, then most of the pizzaplex has caved in on itself, freddy and gregory should probably be dead (since the lift was supposed to only be stable for one journey with no return) and the amalgamation got afton's new ugly animatronic body so he's still presumably just puppeteering vanny. what's supposed to come next? idk. i'm going through markiplier's playlist of all the games, and i do definitely prefer the vibe of the older ones; where you were generally stationary, and you could only predict the scares so much. in SB, you can sneak to avoid being attacked, and you can keep your eye on the enemy and pinpoint their location 98% of the time if you don't get destroyed by a bug, and the animatronics lose fear factor over time because of their overly repetitive voicelines and because you can predict the jumpscares since they'll run right at you. for me, at least, i think it would've been a better game if it had been scaled back with more focus on the atmosphere and actually being somewhat cohesive instead of having ultimately pointless empty spaces, a "post-game" where you can't save despite being required to do so much depending on your earlier gameplay and 6/7 endings that mean basically nothing in the grand scheme of things. (and it seems they didn't really stop to consider what would happen if someone were to choose golf over laser tag despite giving you that option. like-)

anyway, rant over to just say i prefer the older games with their atmosphere, (slightly) less convoluted lore and more inventive methods of finding said lore. still hate scott cawthon though lol.

(and it seems they didn't really stop to consider what would happen if someone were to choose golf over laser tag despite giving you that option. like-)
I (like many people apparently) picked laser tag. I honestly can't remember, do you need the Fazer Blast area for anything besides the Fazer Blaster?

I (like many people apparently) picked laser tag. I honestly can't remember, do you need the Fazer Blast area for anything besides the Fazer Blaster?

vanessa's hideout, which has princess quest three and triggers the "vanny" option when 6AM hits. you can find the hideout and arcade game after, but it won't trigger that option unless you go back to an exit apparently (and who would, generally) and it caused matpat (who chose golf) to accidentally break his way into two endings but without the first cutscene where freddy gets thrown off the ramp, so he was just confused for both versions of that ending since he didn't know how to get it because returning to an exit vs. finding an ending didn't make a lot of sense. idk if you can find the hideout without picking laser tag (maybe?) but if you pick golf, the game doesn't really give you any reason to think to detour afterwards and check the laser tag area anyway.

vanessa's hideout, which has princess quest three and triggers the "vanny" option when 6AM hits. you can find the hideout and arcade game after, but it won't trigger that option unless you go back to an exit apparently (and who would, generally) and it caused matpat (who chose golf) to accidentally break his way into two endings but without the first cutscene where freddy gets thrown off the ramp, so he was just confused for both versions of that ending since he didn't know how to get it because returning to an exit vs. finding an ending didn't make a lot of sense. idk if you can find the hideout without picking laser tag (maybe?) but if you pick golf, the game doesn't really give you any reason to think to detour afterwards and check the laser tag area anyway.
OH RIGHT. I forgot her hideout was only accessible from that area. I honestly can't remember where the party pass checkpoint in Fazblast was since the bot disappears and it becomes a regular door. I wanna say you can get to Vanny even if you pick golf, because it involves a side path, but I'm not positive. I can see how reaching 6am without triggering the convo with Freddie about the Vanny-Vanessa connection would break both the Vanny and PQ3 endings.

Back