Fire Emblem Fates General Discussion: Filled with Nohrian Scum

I think it depends on how much stock they get.

When the amiibo festival bundle came out, there were no non pre-order copies in stock. All the ones there were from pre-orders.
Since you don't have to put a lot down for a pre-order, or sometimes nothing at all (like with Amazon), I recommend pre-ordering whenever possible if it's something you know you're really going to want. Otherwise it can be a pain to find. I live in a pretty populated area so I get paranoid about this stuff and pre-order. @.@

Sorry to hear that. ;;
I got so worried that I pre-ordered on day one, when it went up on Amazon. It seems to be faster than GameStop lately, even when it comes to video games.

I really just hope that it's going to restock, because even if it is on launch day, I'm at school and it will probably be sold out by then.

tbh I never even knew when the special edition went up for sale.

Last edited:
I never knew when preorders went up either ): should I still try to get one on release date regardless?

During the Nintendo Direct, they stated that both Fates pre-orders and Twilight Princess HD would go up on that day, though they didn't mention a time. They both went up on amazon just a few hours later, and I think GameStop had them a few hours after that,or on the next day.

I went into Gamestop a day or two after to pre-order instore since they had units allocated to in store still and I'd been missing online every time I tried.

I want the special edition pack but EB Games is the only place thats gonna stock it in Australia but theyre charging $200 ($140 USD) for the placeholder price :/

I want the special edition pack but EB Games is the only place thats gonna stock it in Australia but theyre charging $200 ($140 USD) for the placeholder price :/

I feel you. Wish they would stock it elsewhere... EB placeholder price actually increased over the last month. *sobs*

Holy crap. What kind of nonsense is that?! That's nearly twice the price NA is getting.

Honestly, Nintendo should really see that more people want it and should put up another run. This has only happened for Japan which is pretty unfair.

Honestly, Nintendo should really see that more people want it and should put up another run. This has only happened for Japan which is pretty unfair.

Nintendo of Japan and Nintendo of America are totally separate branches, and thus don't operate in the same way. If you have a problem or feel it's unfair, then you should send an email to NoA.

If you have a problem or feel it's unfair, then you should send an email to NoA.

And they'll reply a respectable 1-2 months later saying that they couldn't answer your question. :p
I've never heard anyone get a reply from them that was quick and helpful. Calling them MAY work though.

And they'll reply a respectable 1-2 months later saying that they couldn't answer your question. :p
I've never heard anyone get a reply from them that was quick and helpful. Calling them MAY work though.

Of course you're not going to get some kind of personalized reply. But I also doubt they have teams of people scouring Internet forums for people's complaints. If it's a big enough issue to you, you need to send actual feedback to the company. If enough people do it then they may realize it's something that should be given more consideration/priority.

Last edited:
RIP all those poor souls who had pre-orders cancelled today as part of Gamestop's "We glitched and oversold" pruning.

Man I haven't gotten the chance to pre-order the game but I was on the verge of doing so. I hadn't realize that some got cancelled, sorry to anybody who's got cancelled. I hope they provide a refund.

Also, this is only gamestop correct? Just want to make sure.

Last edited:
Back