• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Fertilizer: Am I Doing It Wrong?

JamesParker

Fanboy
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Switch
7746-9068-8782
ok, so I am trying to breed some blue roses and I am having great difficulty.

So I made purple roses from white roses and I also have orange. I used the purple and the orange to make hybrid red. I have four of them but am only using three. This is how it is placed. (Excuse the photo, I took it on my phone as I am about to go to bed.)

IMG_7122.jpg

I am putting my fertilizer inbetween the flower.

XOX
XXX

I water them with the golden watering can. But for some reason, the flowers never grow in the space I put the fertilizer. They also grow at the entrance of the gate.

XOX
XXX
X <-- grows here

So I still have no blue roses, the flowers are definitely hybrid red. But am I using the fertilizer correctly?

There is no way to tell if the red rose is a hybrid. A villager could have planted a red rose in the empty spot.

I planted an orange and purple side by side. Left a space and than planted another. Like this. X is the empty spot.
O X P
X X X
O X P

I planted them on the beach close to my house to kept track of the flowers. Never used the Jacob's Ladder since they didn't work for me. They also take up a space where a blue rose might grow.

Did checkboard patterns for the maybe red roses on the beach. I placed the fertilizer in different spots each day. It took awhile but I found my first blue rose at the end of the row of maybe red roses. It was a huge moment in the game and was happy I earned it myself.

I've been trying to breed blue roses for sooooo looooonnnngggg. I've been using orange and purple roses then moving the hybrid reds over. They're all on the beach so I doubt any villager has been planting any. I finally just bought some from someone on TBT but I'm still hoping one will sprout someday

ok, thank you everyone! :D I appreciate the advice.

I am going to move the flowers to the beach so I can be sure about the hybrid reds, remove the jacobs ladder for more room and fertilize the hell out of the ground. Thank you everyone :)

Back