• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Ferguson: Your Thoughts.

Do you believe that Officer Darren Wilson is guilty?

• Yes

Votes: 103 64.4%
  • No

Votes: 31 19.4%
  • I do not know

Votes: 32 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask a serious question? What would want the protestors to do? Based on the answers you've responded with I'm kinda confused where you're coming from. Do you think they should still peacefully protest or?

That's the question isn't it? There's really no way for people to get a statement like this heard with a few peaceful protests that aren't going to blow up in some way. It's the sad truth of it. I truly don't know what I -want- people to do because what I want is for people to stop getting hurt and things to stop getting destroyed.

having some familiarity with self defence, i can tell u that just because someone isnt armed doesnt mean they arent a threat. especially if they have the opportunity to take control of ur weapon. ppl who say that u shud never shoot a kid, well, this was a big guy. ppl who live their cushy little sjw lives and dont have to deal with violence on a daily basis make all sorts of assumptions about force-on-force encounters.

October 16th testimony paraphrased and summarised:

u think these ppl are reliable witnesses in a trial?

http://apps.stlpublicradio.org/ferguson-project/evidence.html
read the court transcripts unless u want to be willfully ignorant

Wouldn't the pictures of his "injuries" show more than just some slight red marks if he was "one blow away from death" as he claimed? Also if he truly did need some form of self-defense, why did he go straight for his gun and not a different weapon on hand? Has he ever heard of a taser? Also you saying he was a "big guy," he was the same height as Wilson. Anyway I've read the transcript and there are definitely things that don't add up not just in what he said during the prosecution, but the things he claimed previously during interviews that had changed. Like him claiming he had more injuries than he did that didn't ever show up on the medical examination nor was there any photo evidence of these claimed injuries. I don't know why you claim people who believe Wilson should have been indicted have cushy lives where none of them have experienced a physical fight though, I don't even know how you came to that conclusion.

The same could be said about the witnesses who claimed Brown "charged" him as well, but there is far more evidence supporting Wilson used unnecessary force than just the eyewitness accounts who say so.

Last edited:
They could stop making this an all or nothing case about Wilson. They would rather see an innocent man crucified because that's the only form of justice they can comprehend. It makes the entire civil rights movement look like a witch hunting farce

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wouldn't the pictures of his "injuries" show more than just some slight red marks if he was "one blow away from death" as he claimed? Also if he truly did need some form of self-defense, why did he go straight for his gun and not a different weapon on hand? Has he ever heard of a taser? Also you saying he was a "big guy," he was the same height as Wilson. Anyway I've read the transcript and there are definitely things that don't add up not just in what he said during the prosecution, but the things he claimed previously during interviews that had changed. Like him claiming he had more injuries than he did that didn't ever show up on the medical examination nor was there any photo evidence of these claimed injuries. I don't know why you claim people who believe Wilson should have been indicted have cushy lives where none of them have experienced a physical fight though, I don't even know how you came to that conclusion.

The same could be said about the witnesses who claimed Brown "charged" him as well, but there is far more evidence supporting Wilson used unnecessary force than just the eyewitness accounts who say so.

The eye witness account is corroborated by audio recordings.
Do you know if Wilson had access to taser?

I wish people would stop saying he was a child. No he ****ing well wasn't, he was a huge 18 year old and knew what he was doing. 18 year olds can vote, drive, have jobs, have children. They're adults, maybe not the most mature ones but they're still fully grown adults. I'm 19 and I know what I'm doing, I would hate people to belittle what I do because I'm 'just a child'.
I'm not saying what happened was right, but I think Brown probably was being threatening. However I do think there's still a race issue in the US that needs to be sorted out. They also really need to sort out their gun laws. If the gun laws were stricter then less police men would have to be armed.

I wish people would stop saying he was a child. No he ****ing well wasn't, he was a huge 18 year old and knew what he was doing. 18 year olds can vote, drive, have jobs, have children. They're adults, maybe not the most mature ones but they're still fully grown adults. I'm 19 and I know what I'm doing, I would hate people to belittle what I do because I'm 'just a child'.
I'm not saying what happened was right, but I think Brown probably was being threatening. However I do think there's still a race issue in the US that needs to be sorted out. They also really need to sort out their gun laws. If the gun laws were stricter then less police men would have to be armed.

People in states with less restrictions on guns get shot less. /statistics

there is a race issue, there needs to be a conversation, but as i said, ppl are using this case as an all or nothing deal.

u wud think that more guns = more gun crime, but thats not true.

new york and washington dc have some of the strictest gun laws in the country, yet gun crime is rife. the city of kennesaw in georgia has had a law in place since 1982 mandating that all house are required to have a gun and enough ammunition. there was only one murder in that town between 1982 and 2009.

if u really want to bring guns into this, i would look into the issue a bit more.

They could stop making this an all or nothing case about Wilson. They would rather see an innocent man crucified because that's the only form of justice they can comprehend. It makes the entire civil rights movement look like a witch hunting farce

- - - Post Merge - - -

The eye witness account is corroborated by audio recordings.
Do you know if Wilson had access to taser?

He's not innocent, he murdered someone. The only justice people want to see is where a murderer receives a just and fair punishment for taking the life of an unarmed 18 year old. He didn't just not get punished, he was rewarded with paid leave and a donation fund of half a million dollars. If your child was shot in the streets and their killer not only got to walk away scot-free, but he was also paid to do it, how would you feel? I mean a cop just got fired last week for shooting a dog which is more than what Wilson got for killing a black teen. What do you think that says about the value of black lives in America? The movement isn't just about Michael Brown though, it's about all the blacks who were shot in the streets by officers just because of racial profiling. That's why this is such a big issue. People are tired of seeing stories where black kids get shot for playing in the park with a toy gun within seconds of being within site. It's an ongoing issue and if you haven't realized it by now, you haven't been paying attention. Anyway I'm aware of all that and apparently he wasn't carrying a taser because "they're not all that comfortable" What kind of police officer doesn't carry a taser? In any case he used the gun to shoot 12 times hitting Brown 6 times including twice in the head which breaks the protocol for self-defense.

Last edited:
He's not innocent, he murdered someone. The only justice people want to see is where a murderer receives a just and fair punishment for taking the life of an unarmed 18 year old. He didn't just not get punished, he was rewarded with paid leave and a donation fund of half a million dollars. If your child was shot in the streets and their killer not only got to walk away scot-free, but he was also paid to do it, how would you feel? I mean a cop just got fired last week for shooting a dog which is more than what Wilson got for killing a black teen. What do you think that says about the value of black lives in America? The movement isn't just about Michael Brown though, it's about all the blacks who were shot in the streets by officers just because of racial profiling. That's why this is such a big issue. People are tired of seeing stories where black kids get shot for playing in the park with a toy gun within seconds of being within site. It's an ongoing issue and if you haven't realized it by now, you haven't been paying attention. Anyway I'm aware of all that and apparently he wasn't carrying a taser because "they're not all that comfortable" What kind of police officer doesn't carry a taser? In any case he used the gun to shoot 12 times hitting Brown 6 times including twice in the head which breaks the protocol for self-defense.

no, he killed someone. theres a difference between killing someone and murdering them. u can spin the line that he was an 18 year old all u want, it doesnt make a difference. im aware that its an ongoing issue, but i will iterate again, you are making this an all or nothing case around wilson.

i would not be comfortable using taser in a situation where i have just been in a physical altercation with the suspect (demonstrates the suspect is willing to use force), and where a big guy is charging at me, with assumed intent to do serious harm. tasers are not reliable, and if u were to deploy one in this situation, u would need backup of at least another officer to cover with a firearm should the taser fail to affect.

y is nobody asking y brown had to charge at the officer? like ive said before, its these social justice warriors who sit behind their keyboards as if theyre experts in force on force bleating about how a firearm is never a justified response to an unarmed assailant. it's bull.

wat a surprise, brown's family hired a sham doctor to conduct the "independent" autopsy

I'm sure you believe that the officer that gun downed Tamir Rice, seconds after their arrival on the scene, used appropriate force as well.

Last edited:
o and what a surprise, ur bring up the number of times he was shot as if to claim that it was excessive use of force. i can present multiple case studies that show it will often take multiple shots to incapacitate a person. ppl have taken shotgun blasts to the head and continued to be combat effective.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm sure you believe that the officer that gun downed Tamir Rice, seconds after their arrival on the scene, used appropriate force as well.

dont put words into my mouth or make assumptions. im not familiar with the case so u can drop that sarcastic tone

no, he killed someone. theres a difference between killing someone and murdering them. u can spin the line that he was an 18 year old all u want, it doesnt make a difference. im aware that its an ongoing issue, but i will iterate again, you are making this an all or nothing case around wilson.

i would not be comfortable using taser in a situation where i have just been in a physical altercation with the suspect (demonstrates the suspect is willing to use force), and where a big guy is charging at me, with assumed intent to do serious harm. tasers are not reliable, and if u were to deploy one in this situation, u would need backup of at least another officer to cover with a firearm should the taser fail to affect.

y is nobody asking y brown had to charge at the officer? like ive said before, its these social justice warriors who sit behind their keyboards as if theyre experts in force on force bleating about how a firearm is never a justified response to an unarmed assailant. it's bull.

wat a surprise, brown's family hired a sham doctor to conduct the "independent" autopsy

You are correct there is a difference and what he did was indeed murder. I will define it for you:
mur?der
noun \ˈmər-dər\
: the crime of deliberately killing a person

Which is precisely what Wilson did. It's not an all or nothing case about Wilson. He committed a crime, they want justice and that's all there is to it. Again with the "big guy" thing he was the same height as Wilson. With that being true, he still should not have shot as many times as he did. Also you're saying that he charged at him as if you're positive that that's what actually happened. Who gets shot four times then runs towards your attacker? I don't believe that a firearm is never a justified response to an assailant at all, my point is just that he didn't only shoot to deter Brown from "attacking" him (if he even did) He used it to an excessive level that should in no way be excused.

- - - Post Merge - - -

o and what a surprise, ur bring up the number of times he was shot as if to claim that it was excessive use of force. i can present multiple case studies that show it will often take multiple shots to incapacitate a person. ppl have taken shotgun blasts to the head and continued to be combat effective.

- - - Post Merge - - -

dont put words into my mouth or make assumptions. im not familiar with the case so u can drop that sarcastic tone

Oh also in response to this, why would he have to shoot to kill? That shouldn't have been his intention. And more than one shot to the head in a case were you absolutely have to kill (which I don't believe it was) breaks the standard protocol.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Watch the video on that case (although this is much larger than case by case issues) I'm honestly interested to see your reaction to it.

You are correct there is a difference and what he did was indeed murder. I will define it for you:
mur?der
noun \ˈmər-dər\
: the crime of deliberately killing a person

Which is precisely what Wilson did. It's not an all or nothing case about Wilson. He committed a crime, they want justice and that's all there is to it. Again with the "big guy" thing he was the same height as Wilson. With that being true, he still should not have shot as many times as he did. Also you're saying that he charged at him as if you're positive that that's what actually happened. Who gets shot four times then runs towards your attacker? I don't believe that a firearm is never a justified response to an assailant at all, my point is just that he didn't only shoot to deter Brown from "attacking" him (if he even did) He used it to an excessive level that should in no way be excused.

the grand jury refused to indict him, the same grand jury that heard all of the evidence. r u really saying that u know better than them? have u made ur mind up so resolutely that the only appropriate form of justice is to see wilson sent down for murder?

im saying he charged at him because thats what witness testimony and audio recordings support. there was only one shot fired prior to brown charging, and its unclear if that shot even connected. what is an excessive level of shooting? eyewitness accounts state that wilson ceased fire as soon as brown stopped his charge and collapsed. excessive would be to continue putting rounds into him. if someone is charging at u, they are a threat, it's simple as that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Watch the video on that case (although this is much larger than case by case issues) I'm honestly interested to see your reaction to it.

from the video alone, i would say a failing of the police was the way they entered the scene. they placed themselves too close to the threat with little time to assess and react. that placed in extreme danger, and allowed very little time for them to verbally dominate the suspect. however, it looks like rice moved his hands towards his waistband in a motion that i would recognise as drawing a gun

the grand jury refused to indict him, the same grand jury that heard all of the evidence. r u really saying that u know better than them? have u made ur mind up so resolutely that the only appropriate form of justice is to see wilson sent down for murder?

im saying he charged at him because thats what witness testimony and audio recordings support. there was only one shot fired prior to brown charging, and its unclear if that shot even connected. what is an excessive level of shooting? eyewitness accounts state that wilson ceased fire as soon as brown stopped his charge and collapsed. excessive would be to continue putting rounds into him. if someone is charging at u, they are a threat, it's simple as that.

I'm saying I know when a story doesn't add up when I see one. Wilson's story changed from when the initial interviews happened to the hearing. During the police interviews he told police he was struck in the face ten times but during the grand jury hearing he claims it was twice. The police working with Wilson have lied on several occassions first they claimed he was 35 feet away from Wilson's SUV when it was actually 148. They falsely accuse protesters of firing guns to explain why they attacked them with tear gas. They've beat someone for a crime they didn't commit and charged them for "destruction of property" for bleeding on their uniforms. They lied about why they re-released tapes of Brown "stealing" sources: [x] [x][ x] [x]
Also Michael didn't charge Wilson, medical examinations say otherwise. [x] I haven't made up my mind because I'm stubborn and won't listen to the other side of the argument at all. There's just too much out there that proves to me he's a crooked cop that I logically can't just say "he was doing his job" because I don't believe he was.

Last edited:
maybe if u show me evidence that the killing was premeditated and completely unjustified. oh, and "he was an unarmed 18 year old boy" is not evidence.

There's such a thing called unpremeditated murder and yes it's still a crime.

how is (iirc) Brown being shot point-blank justified?

context please? r u really putting this to me when u cant even be confident that ur recalling the "facts" correctly?

there r many justified reasons for shooting someone at point blank, it doesnt have to be an execution style shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back