• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Mafia Among Us Mafia Game Thread (Town Win!)

Yk Annika is super based for that post because it’s what I was thinking but a little deeper, it’s pretty weird how Ribbit is pushing on trundle for slipping and how Betsy is spinning that narrative on trundle as well, while still TRing Ribbit lmao.
this is funny because I'm now thinking that Betsy and ribbit could both be town while annika is mafia. I wish I was in the thread earlier to say it before people started sussing me + annika (because she is pocketing me) but oh well. Her posts are literally just too spot on to me.
Post automatically merged:

Trundle/Annika/Ribbit/you
noob town lock

rereading i can’t tell if you’re blatantly pocketing new players or some secret third independent role that wins by tring every noob 🤨
I was honestly more interested in the reactions to my mog mafia call than I was certain about my mog mafia call
problem i have with this is it kind of parallels what you did with unravel and seems like an easy excuse to pull out of reads, especially if they’re your partners
IMO the people you say were eager to post were eager to solve (which is town behaviour) (I have no opinion of Dolby yet). To me it felt like mog (and unravel) have been trying to make it look like they're contributing but providing nothing of real value. Especially unravel in their original reads post.

This would be a super great read if it were true (which I know to not be the case). But something about the way you wrote this is giving me sussy vibes! To me, it feels like you are giving yourself reasonable doubt in the eyes of town, ie faking not having knowledge. But I am probably just being paranoid. You are still null for me.

One of the AFKs at the time was unravel and that is now one of my higher mafia leans. Not sure what you mean by "dropped the act". My suspicion on mog is still valid but I don't wanna hyperfocus on someone who is clearly not going to give us content for D1.
dang

ok this post made me question trundle a bit. because i am suspicious of mog and unravel and like. there’s no normal universe where mafia calls out two mafia. i’ll have to rethink my worldview a bit. could unravel just be maf and that’s what i’m more reading into with the bus thing? i will go thru unravel next
Town

I can't figure out if this is noob mafia or noob town but this is the first zinnia post I didn't skim over
i think you talked about zinnia much more than you implied you did
I’m down to chop ribbit or unravel today, but I wouldn’t object to policy AFK kill. Will catch on up the thread soon.
again ik you said you were convinced by dolby but you give no prior indication of this. it’s believable but convienent
I think FrostyAlmonds is my strongest town read at the moment. Every single thing they post is just geared for solving and I have no red flags. I love you FrostyAlmonds!
lol

let me stew on this for a bit

Phew, a lot to go through. It's quite hard to gather my thoughts and focus with the amount of posts being made. I'm honestly surprised that there were no killings.

For those of you that mentioned my takes not being all that great, do keep in mind that this is still my first mafia game on TBT and I'm a bit excited to participate. I realize that some of my posts received mixed reactions, but now that we made it to D2, I wanted to make it clear that I'm trying not to rush my thoughts and and formulate some reads that a lot of you will hopefully agree with. I feel like I'm beginning to grasp a better understanding of the other users' habits at this point. Anyway, from what I could gather after the first couple hours into D2, I wanted to give my reads, with more to come (by the way, this post took way too long to make and I probably missed many of the newest posts; I'll get to them later):

Explained opinions
  • Trundle: My mind is so mixed on him at the moment, but I'm still leaning towards town and here's why:
    • Looking at his EOD1, I could tell he was starting to panic about the Zinnia votes. While I was fully convinced (and later proven wrong) that Zinnia was a wolf, I didn't want to suddenly jump on another bandwagon as quickly as I did with Mog previously. I personally didn't think Unravel's posts at the time was enough evidence for me to want to change my vote.
    • If anything, I think he's trying his best to maintain a good town read of himself, and simply wants to get reactions out of others. He'd honestly be more of a town read from others if it weren't for the EOD1 panicking. In my opinion, a wolf would rarely act so crazily like that.
  • annika: I'm mixed with her. From what I could tell, I think she is doing a very good job of maintaining composure and not letting others bother her groove, but there have been a couple D2 posts that made me question her legitimacy.
    • Post #808 is a good example. Why would she vote for someone solely because of someone else telling her to?
    • Earlier in post #782, she indirectly mentioned to Dolby that she doubted Trundle to be town, yet admitted in #808 that she went with Trundle's pushing for Unravel anyway.
    • In short, I can sort of sense that she's giving off slight wolf vibes, though I'm going to remain null of her for now.
  • voltairenism: I've agreed with volt's take on Zinnia. They had every right to question Zinnia's quiet actions when Zinnia was still in the game; unfortunately, she did not flip red, so I'll have to look at their other reads. At this time, volt is slight town.
    • They mentioned Trundle being mafia because of his willingness to randomly push player votes. Post #548 brought up a valid point about Trundle possibly starting a wagon to eliminate the more active poster (Unravel over Zinnia). He began to panic when he realized not everyone was on board, and Zinnia was ultimately eliminated. Could this mean Trundle is actually mafia and Unravel is town? I'm not entirely sure because of my own thoughts on Trundle specifically, but volt gets my pass for valid possibility points.
  • N e s s: I'm going to lean somewhat null on him, maaaaybe more to the wolf side.
    • His point about the Ribbit ➡️ Zinnia wagon was very understandable (post #691). While my reasoning for joining the Zinnia wagon was more so due to my personal thoughts about Zinnia's posting in general (and volt highlighting it), I couldn't help but notice a post from Betsy that had me scratching my head (post #728). So, you mean to tell me that Ness originally didn't want to vote Unravel, but wanted to do so after the Zinnia ejection? I'm confused.
    • Oh, and post #727 is not how you want to prove you're town-aligned and not working with Betsy and Ribbot in disguise. You gotta do better than that.
    • Off topic, but coming from an unfortunate victim of two rear-end accidents just over a month-long span this year, PLEASE do not text and drive. I don't want anything bad to happen to you or other drivers.
Obvious/not-so-strong opinions
  • BetsySundrop: They bring up valid points about Trundle, though I honestly cannot see their theory of Trundle and Ribbit working together (mentioned in post #862). They say Trundle is somewhat mafia, while Ribbit is town. I'm conflicted, and I'm null on Betsy as a result.
  • ribbitribbon: They are so up-and-down, it's sort of crazy. I personally could not follow their theory in posts #712, #716, and #756. They start off by saying Trundle is heavy mafia, then suddenly back down without proper explanation. I'm sort of leaning wolf on ribbit, and I don't know if I'll be able to change my mind.
  • ShinyDungeoneer: So far, we've mostly been on the same page in regards to their reads compared to mine. Post #735 brings up several valid points in their reads, such as ribbit's inconsistency, Trundle's unnecessary wagons, and Dolby's excellent posting. I'm trusting them so far.
  • mogyay: Looking back at their posts and giving them a good read over, I really do not understand why I was foolish enough to hop on the wagon when it occurred. Mog is pretty innocent in my eyes.
  • unravel: It's understandable that their time zone prevents them from posting a lot; I still would like to see more reads from them in order to make me feel more confident in them.
  • FrostyAlmonds: I still view her as super town. She is very defensive, probably more so than what an average mafia member would comfortably act. While I am still unhappy that we can't be on the same page, I somewhat understand her reasonings behind her thoughts on me.
  • Dinosaur: Literally made the first post on D2, placing a random vote on D1. I'm not going to say they're a wolf solely because of that, but I'll need to see some action before I can fully trust them.
  • radical6: They have more posts than some of the others, but not enough to form an opinion on. I am going to lean more towards town as they clearly don't want to take a lot of risks at this time (post #540 mentions not wanting to vote ribbit out despite ribbit receiving a bulk of the blame), though I'm going to remain cautious.
  • lily2816: I honestly believe they are town. I would like to see more confirmation in regards to their own personal reads, but other than that, I wouldn't be suspicious.
  • Yoshi155: Very neutral-minded and up-front. As they are also new to mafia without posting a whole lot, I cannot formulate any proper read as of right now.
  • Dolby: I'm going to give him bonus points for doing a very good job of being up-front with the other users. While I do have questions about him in regards to how he actually reads certain posts (Betsy's notes being an example), I could definitely trust him as being a mediator for the town.
Ultimately, after Zinnia's ejection on N1, my reads of the potential mafia members right now would be as follows:
  • ribbitribbon
  • N e s s
  • annika
  • Dinosaur
I'll read more of the thread tomorrow.
more work to respond to

adding reading this to my list

Hello hello im currently working rn its morning here anyway you care to elaborate on this? I'm not sure if I'm following but as I said in my previous post and ofc im stating the obvious if i were in the mafia's shoes i wouldn't vote for Zinnia because its totally obvious and will be investigate on the in game next day.

The fact that

- you were on the spotlight in the short while and few people choose to ignore it is kinda weird and waited for someone else to have a suspision aside from you (Zinnia and Me. I believe Trundle initiated and insisting to cast a vote on me imo it is v weird most esp choosing someone who is inactive player is like having a hidden agenda and tryinf to save someone which made me think you and trundle are in one team)

- some newbie to decent players choose Zinnia as their vote as if they just letting it slip by. Reason why Im sticking my vote in Zinnia because she was vague at that time and ofc was supposedly cast a vote on you if only I had a time for that. it is my own choice ofc I dont usually go online during EoD because I'm sleeping that time.
first good unravel post all game but I don't think it's ribbit so it does nothing good for unravel in my eyes

this is funny because I'm now thinking that Betsy and ribbit could both be town while annika is mafia. I wish I was in the thread earlier to say it before people started sussing me + annika (because she is pocketing me) but oh well. Her posts are literally just too spot on to me.

noob town lock
Couple of bold takes. Dunno if I'm seeing the same thing.

if i’m questioning my daystart read though im totally circling back to volt and opening up some dolby thoughts

maybe i will also look at betsy but man there’s a lot on my list

idk how down i am for tinfoiling annika. i think she gets better late game ig so we will solve the slot then

I have caught up now.

IMO: annika this game feels incredibly backbench compared to annika last game. It does not feel like she is actively trying to solve. And if I set her as mafia in my mind, I can tell she is trying to pocket me. If she's town then she has hyper fixated on just one aspect of this game for no reason. Doesn't make sense to me.

annika/unravel are my 2 top suspicions atm. I'm nervous someone I've townlocked in my mind is actually mafia like Dolby or Almonds.

I would fill out the rest of the mafia team with one of (lily/yoshi) and one of (radical6/mogyay) probably?

idk how down i am for tinfoiling annika. i think she gets better late game ig so we will solve the slot then
yeah I'm not pushing it for today

if i’m questioning my daystart read though im totally circling back to volt and opening up some dolby thoughts

maybe i will also look at betsy but man there’s a lot on my list
i think you are focusing too much on the people who are active and not enough on the people who aren't :p

Phew, a lot to go through. It's quite hard to gather my thoughts and focus with the amount of posts being made. I'm honestly surprised that there were no killings.

For those of you that mentioned my takes not being all that great, do keep in mind that this is still my first mafia game on TBT and I'm a bit excited to participate. I realize that some of my posts received mixed reactions, but now that we made it to D2, I wanted to make it clear that I'm trying not to rush my thoughts and and formulate some reads that a lot of you will hopefully agree with. I feel like I'm beginning to grasp a better understanding of the other users' habits at this point. Anyway, from what I could gather after the first couple hours into D2, I wanted to give my reads, with more to come (by the way, this post took way too long to make and I probably missed many of the newest posts; I'll get to them later):

Explained opinions
  • Trundle: My mind is so mixed on him at the moment, but I'm still leaning towards town and here's why:
    • Looking at his EOD1, I could tell he was starting to panic about the Zinnia votes. While I was fully convinced (and later proven wrong) that Zinnia was a wolf, I didn't want to suddenly jump on another bandwagon as quickly as I did with Mog previously. I personally didn't think Unravel's posts at the time was enough evidence for me to want to change my vote.
    • If anything, I think he's trying his best to maintain a good town read of himself, and simply wants to get reactions out of others. He'd honestly be more of a town read from others if it weren't for the EOD1 panicking. In my opinion, a wolf would rarely act so crazily like that.
  • annika: I'm mixed with her. From what I could tell, I think she is doing a very good job of maintaining composure and not letting others bother her groove, but there have been a couple D2 posts that made me question her legitimacy.
    • Post #808 is a good example. Why would she vote for someone solely because of someone else telling her to?
    • Earlier in post #782, she indirectly mentioned to Dolby that she doubted Trundle to be town, yet admitted in #808 that she went with Trundle's pushing for Unravel anyway.
    • In short, I can sort of sense that she's giving off slight wolf vibes, though I'm going to remain null of her for now.
  • voltairenism: I've agreed with volt's take on Zinnia. They had every right to question Zinnia's quiet actions when Zinnia was still in the game; unfortunately, she did not flip red, so I'll have to look at their other reads. At this time, volt is slight town.
    • They mentioned Trundle being mafia because of his willingness to randomly push player votes. Post #548 brought up a valid point about Trundle possibly starting a wagon to eliminate the more active poster (Unravel over Zinnia). He began to panic when he realized not everyone was on board, and Zinnia was ultimately eliminated. Could this mean Trundle is actually mafia and Unravel is town? I'm not entirely sure because of my own thoughts on Trundle specifically, but volt gets my pass for valid possibility points.
  • N e s s: I'm going to lean somewhat null on him, maaaaybe more to the wolf side.
    • His point about the Ribbit ➡️ Zinnia wagon was very understandable (post #691). While my reasoning for joining the Zinnia wagon was more so due to my personal thoughts about Zinnia's posting in general (and volt highlighting it), I couldn't help but notice a post from Betsy that had me scratching my head (post #728). So, you mean to tell me that Ness originally didn't want to vote Unravel, but wanted to do so after the Zinnia ejection? I'm confused.
    • Oh, and post #727 is not how you want to prove you're town-aligned and not working with Betsy and Ribbot in disguise. You gotta do better than that.
    • Off topic, but coming from an unfortunate victim of two rear-end accidents just over a month-long span this year, PLEASE do not text and drive. I don't want anything bad to happen to you or other drivers.
Obvious/not-so-strong opinions
  • BetsySundrop: They bring up valid points about Trundle, though I honestly cannot see their theory of Trundle and Ribbit working together (mentioned in post #862). They say Trundle is somewhat mafia, while Ribbit is town. I'm conflicted, and I'm null on Betsy as a result.
  • ribbitribbon: They are so up-and-down, it's sort of crazy. I personally could not follow their theory in posts #712, #716, and #756. They start off by saying Trundle is heavy mafia, then suddenly back down without proper explanation. I'm sort of leaning wolf on ribbit, and I don't know if I'll be able to change my mind.
  • ShinyDungeoneer: So far, we've mostly been on the same page in regards to their reads compared to mine. Post #735 brings up several valid points in their reads, such as ribbit's inconsistency, Trundle's unnecessary wagons, and Dolby's excellent posting. I'm trusting them so far.
  • mogyay: Looking back at their posts and giving them a good read over, I really do not understand why I was foolish enough to hop on the wagon when it occurred. Mog is pretty innocent in my eyes.
  • unravel: It's understandable that their time zone prevents them from posting a lot; I still would like to see more reads from them in order to make me feel more confident in them.
  • FrostyAlmonds: I still view her as super town. She is very defensive, probably more so than what an average mafia member would comfortably act. While I am still unhappy that we can't be on the same page, I somewhat understand her reasonings behind her thoughts on me.
  • Dinosaur: Literally made the first post on D2, placing a random vote on D1. I'm not going to say they're a wolf solely because of that, but I'll need to see some action before I can fully trust them.
  • radical6: They have more posts than some of the others, but not enough to form an opinion on. I am going to lean more towards town as they clearly don't want to take a lot of risks at this time (post #540 mentions not wanting to vote ribbit out despite ribbit receiving a bulk of the blame), though I'm going to remain cautious.
  • lily2816: I honestly believe they are town. I would like to see more confirmation in regards to their own personal reads, but other than that, I wouldn't be suspicious.
  • Yoshi155: Very neutral-minded and up-front. As they are also new to mafia without posting a whole lot, I cannot formulate any proper read as of right now.
  • Dolby: I'm going to give him bonus points for doing a very good job of being up-front with the other users. While I do have questions about him in regards to how he actually reads certain posts (Betsy's notes being an example), I could definitely trust him as being a mediator for the town.
Ultimately, after Zinnia's ejection on N1, my reads of the potential mafia members right now would be as follows:
  • ribbitribbon
  • N e s s
  • annika
  • Dinosaur
I'll read more of the thread tomorrow.
Getting the impression you forced a lot of this out for the sake of giving reads. The read on Annika feels super fabricated, like you're pining for a reason to call her suspicious. Lotta of misinformation in what you're saying about me too.

Also lol at saying "the town" under Dolby's read.

first good unravel post all game but I don't think it's ribbit so it does nothing good for unravel in my eyes
ehhh i overall dont enjoy the blame-y vibes. she had a hand on killing zinnia but negates responsability bc "if i was here i would totally be able to tell she was town". cant blame someone for living in another part of the world tho

you are mostly attacking what's wolfy at face value and not looking too deep into it

You think, if we were mafia partners, he would go out of his way to defend me and attack both people who are on me today? You realize mafia players like to lay low and stay outta the spotlight right? You guys are looking for OVERTLY MAFIA plays, when it's COVERT plays you need to be watching out for.

So, you're both saying don't look at face value, look into covert/ deepwolfiness?

I dunno if i can do that without getting trapped in a circular nightmare. I mean, i can do it, but you're gonna get walls that lead to nowhere and nobody wants to read. (Also, trundle eod was on the surface much the same as previous wolves I've seen, so...if the fangs fit? 😅)

But putting trundle aside, and to address the spotlight point- i kinda disagree. There are 4 wolves. They will most likely bus at some point. With so many, they have a bit more leeway and can take more chances and stand out some. Then the partner(s) can bus.

It's why no matter who flips red, nobody is clear based on it, but maybe connections can be seen?

If I were looking for a deepwolf, I'd look at frosty or dolby. Someone who is super active, not making mistakes, townread by most. The problem with that is - there's nothing to point to, and it's extremely risky to vote off really strong players just in case they may be wolfing. So I vote off the absent/most sus. This is probably why I end up tunneling town a lot. There's mistakes to point to.

The point is - all i have to go on is surface. When i try to see patterns/teams, i get nowhere. Maybe after there's a red flip, patterns will be more clear?

ehhh i overall dont enjoy the blame-y vibes. she had a hand on killing zinnia but negates responsability bc "if i was here i would totally be able to tell she was town". cant blame someone for living in another part of the world tho
yeah I re-read it and completely changed my mind lol

ie i skimmed it the first time and just assumed it was a good post but then it wasn't

i skim 90% of posts guys

Back