• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Mafia Among Us Mafia Game Thread (Town Win!)

ehhh i overall dont enjoy the blame-y vibes. she had a hand on killing zinnia but negates responsability bc "if i was here i would totally be able to tell she was town". cant blame someone for living in another part of the world tho
I didn't blame on anyone. Im saying is that its weird that no one defended Zinnia and how random it was to put her onto the spotlight...

People were initially suspicious of TN4U at the start of D1 right, or atleast up to the end of the 36 hour mark? Wondering when the narrative shifted to Zinnia as being the primary wagon and suspect beyond the string of votes from the inactives.
Post automatically merged:

this is funny because I'm now thinking that Betsy and ribbit could both be town while annika is mafia. I wish I was in the thread earlier to say it before people started sussing me + annika (because she is pocketing me) but oh well. Her posts are literally just too spot on to me.
I want you to elaborate on this better because this just ain't it for me, not vibing with you on this rn

no, I have townread you all game and ribbit has been largely null for me all game
Lol. I said that because it's where i currently am.

Darn trundle, that eod is fishy!
Wait, why doesn't x think it's fishy? That's sus!
But wait, what if x is saving trundle?
What if y is bussing trundle?

What if trundle is town and the people disregarding his eod know it thru tmi and know he'll flip green? That makes them wolfy. 🙄

I torture myself.

Omg, it's frosty! 😅

I didn't blame on anyone. Im saying is that its weird that no one defended Zinnia and how random it was to put her onto the spotlight...
i mean, i think at some point votes were divided like 3/3/3 and trundle, ness and dolby were not found of the wagon iirc. it only got weird like 10 minutes left when suddenly like 3 people hoped on
she put herself into the spotlight by voting and dipping

in this world assume that trundle IS mafia

there were two bandwagons and trundle was banking on being correct no matter what

trundle did not think unravel would actually get voted out

this is mostly on the vote timings

one unravel bw had some gusto though zinnia’s got voted fast

worst case trundle is correct

i’m gonna eat i will elaborate in a second

ness
I'm not sure I follow where the vote timings showed that unravel was safe the whole day. Within the last 2h of d1 it was rather close and neither yours nor zinnias wagons had taken off. He knew I was also leaning towards Unravel around early 5pm EST ish, and then tried to push annika to join within the last 20 mins or so. He also had no idea how Yoshi or Mog were going to vote imo.
It’s a bit of a pickle that’s for sure. I get the feeling that Ribbit is town by their tone, but I feel like their takes in thread have been odd. It’s pretty sudden how Ribbit in the last few minutes has gone from hard townreading Trundle to now putting Trundle/unravel on a team together. Trundle is the lowest of low hanging fruit right now to attack and I’m more curious to see who all is going to comment on his EoD when they pop in the thread; I honestly think he just said a silly thing and people were going to point and shout at him no matter what.
i dont really think its weird he went from hard TR trundle d1 to maf reading trundle D2. he had night to think over it, if it happened in the same day phase sure tho then yeah. though i do agree that trundles comments were just silly and that was just his usual playfulness
As much as I wanna still continue TR trundle I just don't feel confortable his EoD post. Its like he's trying to save from being eliminated.

Btw I'm the first persln voted Zinnia and it just so happens people hop on the train the only reason why I voted for her was her vague actions/responses and I didn't push any of you guys to vote for her as well. Its just too random. If I were on mafia's spot i would rather spread out because by next day. As a town they will now investigate people who vote zinnia out

***he's trying to save someone from being eliminated.

***he's trying to save someone from being eliminated.

So i somewhat believe that no mafia voted Zinnia
who was he trying to save? knowing now i dont think its ribbit so the other wagon was zinnia, and well we know zinnia was town so.

Phew, a lot to go through. It's quite hard to gather my thoughts and focus with the amount of posts being made. I'm honestly surprised that there were no killings.

For those of you that mentioned my takes not being all that great, do keep in mind that this is still my first mafia game on TBT and I'm a bit excited to participate. I realize that some of my posts received mixed reactions, but now that we made it to D2, I wanted to make it clear that I'm trying not to rush my thoughts and and formulate some reads that a lot of you will hopefully agree with. I feel like I'm beginning to grasp a better understanding of the other users' habits at this point. Anyway, from what I could gather after the first couple hours into D2, I wanted to give my reads, with more to come (by the way, this post took way too long to make and I probably missed many of the newest posts; I'll get to them later):

Explained opinions
  • Trundle: My mind is so mixed on him at the moment, but I'm still leaning towards town and here's why:
    • Looking at his EOD1, I could tell he was starting to panic about the Zinnia votes. While I was fully convinced (and later proven wrong) that Zinnia was a wolf, I didn't want to suddenly jump on another bandwagon as quickly as I did with Mog previously. I personally didn't think Unravel's posts at the time was enough evidence for me to want to change my vote.
    • If anything, I think he's trying his best to maintain a good town read of himself, and simply wants to get reactions out of others. He'd honestly be more of a town read from others if it weren't for the EOD1 panicking. In my opinion, a wolf would rarely act so crazily like that.
  • annika: I'm mixed with her. From what I could tell, I think she is doing a very good job of maintaining composure and not letting others bother her groove, but there have been a couple D2 posts that made me question her legitimacy.
    • Post #808 is a good example. Why would she vote for someone solely because of someone else telling her to?
    • Earlier in post #782, she indirectly mentioned to Dolby that she doubted Trundle to be town, yet admitted in #808 that she went with Trundle's pushing for Unravel anyway.
    • In short, I can sort of sense that she's giving off slight wolf vibes, though I'm going to remain null of her for now.
  • voltairenism: I've agreed with volt's take on Zinnia. They had every right to question Zinnia's quiet actions when Zinnia was still in the game; unfortunately, she did not flip red, so I'll have to look at their other reads. At this time, volt is slight town.
    • They mentioned Trundle being mafia because of his willingness to randomly push player votes. Post #548 brought up a valid point about Trundle possibly starting a wagon to eliminate the more active poster (Unravel over Zinnia). He began to panic when he realized not everyone was on board, and Zinnia was ultimately eliminated. Could this mean Trundle is actually mafia and Unravel is town? I'm not entirely sure because of my own thoughts on Trundle specifically, but volt gets my pass for valid possibility points.
  • N e s s: I'm going to lean somewhat null on him, maaaaybe more to the wolf side.
    • His point about the Ribbit ➡️ Zinnia wagon was very understandable (post #691). While my reasoning for joining the Zinnia wagon was more so due to my personal thoughts about Zinnia's posting in general (and volt highlighting it), I couldn't help but notice a post from Betsy that had me scratching my head (post #728). So, you mean to tell me that Ness originally didn't want to vote Unravel, but wanted to do so after the Zinnia ejection? I'm confused.
    • Oh, and post #727 is not how you want to prove you're town-aligned and not working with Betsy and Ribbot in disguise. You gotta do better than that.
    • Off topic, but coming from an unfortunate victim of two rear-end accidents just over a month-long span this year, PLEASE do not text and drive. I don't want anything bad to happen to you or other drivers.
Obvious/not-so-strong opinions
  • BetsySundrop: They bring up valid points about Trundle, though I honestly cannot see their theory of Trundle and Ribbit working together (mentioned in post #862). They say Trundle is somewhat mafia, while Ribbit is town. I'm conflicted, and I'm null on Betsy as a result.
  • ribbitribbon: They are so up-and-down, it's sort of crazy. I personally could not follow their theory in posts #712, #716, and #756. They start off by saying Trundle is heavy mafia, then suddenly back down without proper explanation. I'm sort of leaning wolf on ribbit, and I don't know if I'll be able to change my mind.
  • ShinyDungeoneer: So far, we've mostly been on the same page in regards to their reads compared to mine. Post #735 brings up several valid points in their reads, such as ribbit's inconsistency, Trundle's unnecessary wagons, and Dolby's excellent posting. I'm trusting them so far.
  • mogyay: Looking back at their posts and giving them a good read over, I really do not understand why I was foolish enough to hop on the wagon when it occurred. Mog is pretty innocent in my eyes.
  • unravel: It's understandable that their time zone prevents them from posting a lot; I still would like to see more reads from them in order to make me feel more confident in them.
  • FrostyAlmonds: I still view her as super town. She is very defensive, probably more so than what an average mafia member would comfortably act. While I am still unhappy that we can't be on the same page, I somewhat understand her reasonings behind her thoughts on me.
  • Dinosaur: Literally made the first post on D2, placing a random vote on D1. I'm not going to say they're a wolf solely because of that, but I'll need to see some action before I can fully trust them.
  • radical6: They have more posts than some of the others, but not enough to form an opinion on. I am going to lean more towards town as they clearly don't want to take a lot of risks at this time (post #540 mentions not wanting to vote ribbit out despite ribbit receiving a bulk of the blame), though I'm going to remain cautious.
  • lily2816: I honestly believe they are town. I would like to see more confirmation in regards to their own personal reads, but other than that, I wouldn't be suspicious.
  • Yoshi155: Very neutral-minded and up-front. As they are also new to mafia without posting a whole lot, I cannot formulate any proper read as of right now.
  • Dolby: I'm going to give him bonus points for doing a very good job of being up-front with the other users. While I do have questions about him in regards to how he actually reads certain posts (Betsy's notes being an example), I could definitely trust him as being a mediator for the town.
Ultimately, after Zinnia's ejection on N1, my reads of the potential mafia members right now would be as follows:
  • ribbitribbon
  • N e s s
  • annika
  • Dinosaur
I'll read more of the thread tomorrow.

Woohoo! A geoni-worthy wall! Awesome.

I want you to elaborate on this better because this just ain't it for me, not vibing with you on this rn
Sure!

i didnt even find unravel suspicious, i just voted them bc trundle asked me to lol
pocket
uhh
i think trundle is town ...?
betsy also seems townie on this page

I think I had ribbit town for some reason but I rescind that read

also frosty is very townie !!
pocket plus rehashing most my reads except ribbit who I have null
but I looked at the post and it turns out Trundle was talking to Ribbit herself lmao
pocket
I thought it was a bit townie? it would've been weirder if he was defending zinnia but didn't provide an alternative

I'm not gonna go fetch the post but while he was defending Zinnia he said smth like "meanwhile no one is voting unravel" which is a post I liked
pocket

his usual playfulness
awh :3

People were initially suspicious of TN4U at the start of D1 right, or atleast up to the end of the 36 hour mark? Wondering when the narrative shifted to Zinnia as being the primary wagon and suspect beyond the string of votes from the inactives.

tn4u never rly catched on imo, mostly frostly and a couple of people that found him null. frosty even said herself earlier that she was the only one ridding that wagon

i mean, i think at some point votes were divided like 3/3/3 and trundle, ness and dolby were not found of the wagon iirc. it only got weird like 10 minutes left when suddenly like 3 people hoped on
she put herself into the spotlight by voting and dipping
From what Im reading few peeps suddenly are onto Zinnia. Not really too sure if she read the thread before voting but I guess she was under the pressure and gave up then vote randomly because people are slowly ganging on her

lmk if im wromg on this scenario

tn4u never rly catched on imo, mostly frostly and a couple of people that found him null. frosty even said herself earlier that she was the only one ridding that wagon
fair i still don't wanna read everything lol, dolby said in the sparknotes that a decent amount of people said he was sus so I ran with it

I'm ngl feeling like i'm booty cheeks at this game and idk who is even sus at this point

I'm ngl feeling like i'm booty cheeks at this game and idk who is even sus at this point
you have to follow your gut and then chase down unknowns instead of re-evaluating ur read on someone based on every single post they make. that's what ISOs are for, but when you're just reading the thread, you need assumptions to actually build your game

fair i still don't wanna read everything lol, dolby said in the sparknotes that a decent amount of people said he was sus so I ran with it
i guess if u wanna tinfoil you can think as frosty being a threat for being the most townread player. but in my view it went from mog/zinnia to ribbit/zinnia/unravel with tn4u never getting real threat

My gut instinct is that Ribbit is making a legit effort to solve the game and I’ve decided I’m gonna stick with that

Frosty/volt/trundle/Ribbit strike me as being legit.

And ig I kinda like Dolby as well but my paranoia tells me he is #gaslighting #girlbossing me so hard

it's not a wolfy eod you're just bad at reading me :lemon:

Its funny because i had a previous game
where the wolves (shawo/tae) did what you did d1. From the initiating the mog call out to the eod/ tmi. Your d1 and eod were so, so similar! So in my defense, it looked wolfy because i only ever saw it in wolfs. 😜

If you're innocent, I'm sorry, and im keeping open eyes to try to figure this mess out.

Back