• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

favourite new leaf memory?

JellyBeans

only half awake
Bells
Switch
2122-3699-2125
Happy Ditto Easter Egg
Rotating Fool's Egg
Sweet Heart Balloon
Happy Ditto Easter Egg
Sweet Feather
Poptart Easter Egg
while we’re all reminiscing, thought I’d hop in (and earn some silver) by seeing what memories everyone has around NL :] personally I remember sinking HOURS into this game playing side by side with my friend, either on the same island or separately but just in each others company. it was such a core feature in our friendship that NL always makes me think back to that.

My favorite memory is having someone I used to hangout with in NL from this site create an entire fruit orchard near the front of my town for me. It was really, really nice of them and I'll never forget them or what they did (this person is inactive now).

The fruit orchard is still there and is right near my town gates if you visit my dream address. :blush:

• Starting out.
  • The empty, natural town
  • the auroras
  • all the villagers I had (Cube, Tutu, Mallary, Samson, Vesta, then Elvis and Hippeux) and how unique and alive they seemed
  • unlocking more and more and not knowing beforehand
  • being excited to see what the island would be
  • jamming out with the karaoke machine
  • buying Tutu's minimalist sofa from her and placing it in my house without any expansions yet, the room plasterd with a white custom design, and adoring the lava lamp I had
  • hunting for snowflakes to get the full ice series
  • staring at the critters in the museum
  • getting up at 5 AM to play
  • coming up with stories for my player character, making her fall for Hippeux
  • sending passionate letters

I think trading would be my favourite memory! There was a member on TBT that I ordered like... hundreds of items from for the sake of my catalogue, and we'd just schedule times for her to drop stuff off. I'm pretty sure there were multiple times where I'd just rush home from school or stay up late just to get the items.

I also have very fond memories of planting my perfect apple trees -- I wasn't into the stalk market, so that was how I mainly used to make money! I would constantly shake them, and when they died, I would have to deforest everything and replant it. Half my town is my perfect apple orchard (most of which are dead and not replanted) because I didn't actually want to bother decorating it and I grew too attached to take it down. 😂 It was such a chore, but calming in a way.

I think my favorite memory of NL was the very beginning -- I knew nothing about Animal Crossing (i thought i'd get to play as the pink alpaca)..

So it was cool seeing what kinda animal would move in next, and how many, and what other types of buildings I'd be able to get! I didn't know time travel was a thing either which i think was a good thing in the end even though I got a bit frustrated at the lack of things to do in the winter 😅

Another favorite memory was all the hours spent farming beetles late at night for bells!

My favorite memory was getting it on Christmas 2014 and playing it that day. I had gotten burn out from previous Animal Crossing games so I thought New Leaf was just going to be more of the same. I actually bought the Wii version, but having just played Wild World maybe a year before I didn't end up opening City Folk and returned it. It just seemed like it would be more of the same and I knew burn out was going to happen fast if I played it. So I got my money back.

I happened across some commercial on Disney showcasing how we're the mayor and that really piqued my interest. I thought to myself that would be enough to not get burn out and I was right. I can't really remember what all I did the first day, but it was a relaxing and fun experiencing reliving the AC life and also being a mayor this time so I could control a lot more and have more freedom. It was a lot of fun. And seeing my town slowly come along and having villagers acknowledge said progress made it feel special. NH lost me on that appeal. No one acknowledges anything you've done for the island.

I was lucky to have quite a few groups of friends on NL that I made from the island. My best memories are probably playing alongside them! Also the old days of tweeter out of bound glitching with friends was a good time. There are plenty more moments I randomly think of and smile

My favourite memory is playing NL all day long with my best friend during the summer holidays. I loved visiting her town, she had shampoodle unlocked and I was able to get a new hair style. We played hide and seek in game and just had so much fun hanging out, picking weeds, catching bugs and collecting shells together.

honestly having it rain in-game while it rains outside irl just hits different in new leaf, along with the soft hourly music. i've never felt so much peace before in my life lol.

i loved playing with my irl friends since we were still in high school. it was fun to bring our 3ds to school and play during breaks/lunch.

i also had a lot of fun running a hybrid shop that made me a bellionaire back in the day :LOL:

I can't say it's my favorite memory but it's something I will remember forever. That time when I could visit in dream my own village and interacting with my own character, my villagers were also confused wondering if it was a dream or not
432281538_7429599000433104_815400526265110975_n.jpg
432325727_7429599003766437_2462754895680067043_n.jpg
432227684_7429599007099770_2032391025149111183_n.jpg

Last edited:
My favorite New Leaf memory were the days I was working on the town of StarFall. Granted, it took a lot of work, as I had to document everything, but I still had a fun time.

my new favorite memory is this girl i just met on the international island today giving me a celeste bow, some splatoon clothes and offering me bells, too, because i said i hadn't unlocked the qr machine yet (for this game) and she realized i was "new" 😭

Back