Favorite unpopular Halloween candy?

The thing about US Smarties for me is that I enjoyed them a lot more as a kid, until I ate some very similar Japanese candy that had a lot of flavors, including spinach (I think). They weren’t as good and I can’t even remember if I had a spinach one or not, but I’m certain I would not like it and eating smarties always reminds me of that candy so I can’t enjoy them as much nowadays. I’ll still eat them though.

Those chocolate ones look much yummier.

I love licorice and any black candy that taste like licorice/anise. Unfortunately they don't really make them anymore, black lollipops taste like grapes now. Sometimes I get black jelly beans.

Last edited:
My favorite from that list is tootsie rolls. I know Dots are also unpopular but I LOVE THEM. I was surprised not many liked them. I prefer Dots and potato chips over anything that's chocolate.

Always loved Tootsie Rolls and Candy Corn! I never really liked (american) Smarties as a kid but for some reason I'd eat them anyway?? I remember when my childhood friend moved to Canada and when I went to visit her, my mind was blown that there was a whole different type of Smartie.

The rest of those candies can go in the trash!

What does it say about me that I like 8 of the 10 items on that list? I'm not much of a fan of black licorice, and I've never had Bit o Honey before. But I really like Smarties, Mary Janes, and those Peanut Butter things, and I love Circus Peanuts! I've never actually gotten Circus Peanuts for Halloween though, and I've never seen those wax colas given out for Halloween either. I do like them though, or at least I did the last time I had one which was probably at least 10 years ago.

I'll never get over how funny it is how in the USA, they're called Smarties. Here in Canada, they're called Rockets. Smarties are a whole other type of candy here. Eitherway though, Rockets are the best on that list. Tootsie Rolls are okay. The rest are either disgusting or I've never heard of them.

I'll like black licorice when pigs fly lol.

Tootsie rolls were used in the USA in WW2 military rations. I thought it was a little odd, but they do have a long shelf life so I guess it makes sense.

Wait what the ****? smarties considered to be the worst? and tootsie rolls too? now thats just sad, i loved those since i was a kid and i don't even celebreate halloween.

Candy corn and the circus peanuts are the worst imo in both taste & texture. Tootsie rolls aren’t great but I don’t think they’re the worst

personally not a fan of licorice (red vines/twizzler) so I always hated getting them as a kid

I've only seen three of those over here, and Smarties are known as Fizzers. Smarties are an entirely different brand.

Out of those, I guess I'd say Smarties/Fizzers. Although I'm sure I've tasted candy corn via an import shop, and really liked them.

I don't know most of those candies because those are American, but we have molasse taffee where I live that are tradional Halloween candies that kids hate, I love those too.
In fact, I like plenty of candies peoplel hate and hate those people like. The one I hate the most is Hershey's white chocolate cookies n cream.

candy corn and smarties are my favorite, how can anyone hate smarties? 😭
unlike a lot of people, i think the texture and taste of candycorn is really satisfying and yummy... also it reminds me of homestuck.
ws3tvt.webp

From the list, I actually really like Smarties, candy corn, and the Necco wafers! Granted, I don't have much of a sweet tooth so it's been practically forever and a half since I've had any of those...

i've not consumed any of these, but based off of names i'm opting for peanut butter kisses because i consume peanut butter on the daily. not a fan of smarties, though they're a bit different here. don't think i'd like them anyways

I love all of those candies??? though I don't recognize Peanut Butter Kisses. My favorites are Smarties and Red Licorice.

I LOVE TOOTSIE ROLLS!!! People make fun of me for liking them (both my former and current managers have told me they are "old people candy"), and I know they're unpopular, but I really like the taste and texture. Plus, the fruit flavors are yummy!

I haven’t tried most of these but from the ones I know I’d vote smarties (fizzers), always enjoy anything on the more sour side and like the flavour but couldn’t eat a load of them. I’ve always hated the taste of licorice but a lot of people I know love it.

this is me finding out that people DON'T LIKE SMARTIES/ROCKETS..WHAT?!
rockets (that's what they're called in canada) are like one of the best candies ever... they're sort of sour but still sooo tasty. small and sweet! maybe it's because i'm just sentimental about them since my elementary school teachers loved giving them out as a reward for being a good child and a bunch of my friends would give them to me as well since they were surprisingly easy to get. there was also the time that people in my class would crush them up into a powder and blow it into peoples faces or snort them. it became such a problem that there was a ban on them.. sorta awful but also sorta funny?? idk how i'm supposed to feel about all that lmao
tootsie rolls are alright.. i don't like them much but i won't turn one down. can't say anything about the rest though!

Back