• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Favorite Mario Kart and Mario Party games?

DinosaurDumpster

You're watching Disney Channel
Bells
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Yellow Candy
Hey! Been kinda into these two games lately, and I'm just curious to see what games are your favorite. I haven't played them all (obviously) but I really want to someday. I put these two together since they are both the most popular spin offs and equally great party games to lose your friends with.

My favorite Mario Kart game has to be Double Dash! I grew up with it and I love the double-character mechanics of it. Also special items for each pair were awesome, though Petey Pirahna and King Boo are kind of rigged since they can use everyone's special item. And the maps are soo memorable and creative! Each one has something unique about them that I just love. Also, classic Baby Park. Let the chaos unfold. MKWii is super close to taking 1st place for me, though.

Mario Party 4 has to be my favorite MP game. Another Gamecube title I grew up with, and it's definitely the most chaotic game I've played. SSB can't even compare to how much I've yelled in this game. The mini games are awesome, though some are mediocre but that's kind of what you expect with Mario Party. Boo houses, the items, the lottery, the maps...all let the chaos unfold. Every item is amazing, I only complain about 1 or 2, maybe 3 items but they aren't too bad. I also grew up with 5 and 8, but they are both missing something. 5 is in a close second though, because the mini games are also super awesome and amazing, and the capsules replacing the items just doesn't feel right. 9 is where, it just, got boring. I hated the idea of sharing a car, but then the Switch version tried to fix it by bringing back the old mechanic of getting stars, but, it didn't feel right.

So.. what's your favorite games of these two?

For Mario Kart I would definitely have to go with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I've put the most time in that one and it feels like the most balanced overall. Wide variety of stages, kart customization, characters, battle modes.. it's got it all! I still play Mario Kart Wii a lot with the CTGP Revolution mod though. For Mario Party, I would most likely go with Mario Party 8. That one just has a really nice aesthetic to it and most of the boards and mini games are great! Only improvement I would make would be to add Rosalina.

Last edited:
Hey! Been kinda into these two games lately, and I'm just curious to see what games are your favorite. I haven't played them all (obviously) but I really want to someday. I put these two together since they are both the most popular spin offs and equally great party games to lose your friends with.

My favorite Mario Kart game has to be Double Dash! I grew up with it and I love the double-character mechanics of it. Also special items for each pair were awesome, though Petey Pirahna and King Boo are kind of rigged since they can use everyone's special item. And the maps are soo memorable and creative! Each one has something unique about them that I just love. Also, classic Baby Park. Let the chaos unfold. MKWii is super close to taking 1st place for me, though.

Mario Party 4 has to be my favorite MP game. Another Gamecube title I grew up with, and it's definitely the most chaotic game I've played. SSB can't even compare to how much I've yelled in this game. The mini games are awesome, though some are mediocre but that's kind of what you expect with Mario Party. Boo houses, the items, the lottery, the maps...all let the chaos unfold. Every item is amazing, I only complain about 1 or 2, maybe 3 items but they aren't too bad. I also grew up with 5 and 8, but they are both missing something. 5 is in a close second though, because the mini games are also super awesome and amazing, and the capsules replacing the items just doesn't feel right. 9 is where, it just, got boring. I hated the idea of sharing a car, but then the Switch version tried to fix it by bringing back the old mechanic of getting stars, but, it didn't feel right.

So.. what's your favorite games of these two?

I consider myself a Mario Kart super fan and yes Double Dash is the best. The extra strategy of duel riders each having their own special items just added such a great extra layer to the game that no other Kart game has eclipsed.

Mario Party is a little tougher for me. I think the first 3 are probably my favorite.

I have to go with Mario Kart Wii. It's definitely the one I've played the most and I have a lot of fond memories from it. The courses are some of my favorites in the series. Still occasionally play it today.

Can't give a Mario Party game as I don't find the series very interesting, probably because there's no one I can really play it with.

I grew up with Mario party. It was definitely a family favorite considering how many siblings I have. So many memories with the first & second Mario party for N64. But didn’t play another one until Mario party 6 for gamecube came out. I really like the day & night aspect of that one. Honestly I loved all 3 of them the same. I’m so disappointed at Super Mario party for the switch. Such a let down! It’s definitely not the same, I wish they would bring back the old ones!

As for Mario Kart, I’ve only played the N64, 3DS, and the switch ones. Mario kart 64 is definitely my favorite just because that’s what I grew up with & it’s the time in my life where I played the most video games. But MK8 Deluxe is also really good!

Mine are Mario Kart DS and Mario Party DS... but this is purely nostalgia and the fact I haven't gotten to play most of those games.

For Mario Kart, I've played Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. That said, I've never really dedicated a whole lot of time, effort, and dedication to any of the games in the series. As such, I think I'll have to vote for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe because I can play it with friends online, and it beats out the original Mario Kart 8 for me thanks to the upgrades, particularly the addition of King Boo. That said, I really like the concept of Double Dash!! and that's the other one I'd probably revisit the most.

As for Mario Party, Mario Party 2 is the one I've played the most in my life. I really enjoy the boards, particularly Horror Land and Space Land. It also features really memorable and enjoyable mini-games, like Cake Factory, Dungeon Dash, Hexagon Heat, Honeycomb Havoc, Hot Rope Jump, Face Lift, Tile Driver, Toad in the Box, and my favorite, Bumper Balls. Mario Party 4 is in 2nd place and is probably the last one I really got into, despite getting 5 and 6 afterward. I played some of Super Mario Party when visiting a friend last year and enjoyed it, but didn't experience it long enough to really form a solid opinion of it one way or the other.

I've played all Mario Karts but 8 (deluxe) is my favorite. I like almost all tracks and it just works for as far a Mario Kart can do. I always get mad at it because skills don't matter much, it's better driving 2nd and my luck is mostly...bad haha. Ok I still win a lot but still 🤣

Mario Party... jeez that's a while ago. Only played it with 3 other friends on the N64 back in the days and it was hilarious. Or well I've played some versions of the gamecube and 3ds too, but with 2 players it's not as fun as with 4. And I have no friends haha

Mario Kart Wii - I've played all of them, and this Mario Kart felt like it had the most chaos, with several items that I really miss (like that thunder cloud thing that struck fear into the hearts of anyone driving near someone with it, and the Mega Mushroom). The absolute chaos of MKWii made it the most exciting, and I think that game had the best tracks as well, and a good selection of characters. It also had bikes at their most powerful, which was nice since I only drive those since they've been introduced anyway. Honestly, my only complaint with MKWii is the abysmal battle mode, but to be fair, battle mode has been bad in every game since then. Mario Kart DS was the pinnacle of battle mode and hasn't been beaten yet in that regard.

Mario Party 4 - This is a tough one! It's kind of a toss-up between 2, 3, 4, and maybe 8 (I feel like I'm one of the few who holds 8 in such high regard while not liking 5, which seems popular though I think it was a very bland entry), since all of those games had memorable boards and a great selection of minigames. I think I'd give the edge to 4 though because it had the backroom extra minigames, the presents to collect as singleplayer content, some of the absolute best minigames in the whole series (Trace Race, Paths of Peril in particular), and boards that I really like. I also like that 4 still had normal items rather than the capsules or candy or the dice that the later games did.

I'm going with Mario Kart Wii. It's the one I have the most fondest memories of and I like the stages on it most out of all the Mario Kart games.

Mario Party 7 is my favourite. I also grew up with it but to me it has the best minigames, especially when you do 8 player mode.

Oh yeah, you should definitely try out CTGP if you like/have Mario Kart Wii. It's an application that you can get via Homebrew. I do and it's a blast!

The most recent for both games. I consider myself fairly good at MK8 Deluxe. Looking forward to MK9, gotta be by end of 2021 I would think.

my favorite Mario Kart games are def the ones on the N64 and Wii. I have a lot of nostalgia for those games and even now I really enjoy playing them. I think of those two I actually like MKWii a bit more because the control is so fluid and the gameplay is so fun.

as for Mario Party the very first one will always be my favorite. I was actually thinking of playing it today! I also love MP8 on the Wii.

so basically I really like N64 and Wii games lol :p

I've never played any Mario Party games so that's out of the window. I do, however, play Mario Kart and my favourite is Mario Kart DS! Small story, I remember the first time playing it when I spotted my pink DS lite in the washroom. It was in sleep mode and when I opened it up, it had this game playing! I was taken away by it and ended up playing it for hours. Mind you it was eight in the morning and my family was still asleep lol.

Back to the game, I had a lot of fun playing the different game modes. Battle mode and mission mode first come into mind. In battle mode, there's shrine runners but balloon battle is where it's at. I spent so many hours popping the balloons of my opponents that I found strategies, exploits, and glitches that no one else probably knows. Mission mode is completing an objective whether it would be collecting coins or beating your rival. As far as I know, it is the only Mario Kart game in the series to have this mode and I'm baffled it hasn't returned since.

I also had memories in the multiplayer aspect. My dad's friend would occasionally come over to bring his son and we'd play for hours. Let's just say there was a lot of screaming and laughing involved. We had tons of fun and my sister would join in the fun sometimes. Basically, I had a lot of fun and memories clocking over hundreds of hours on it.

favorite mario kart: double dash
favorite mario party: 4, it's my mom's favorite and we tend to play it together a lot so i've learned to love it the most lol

Mario Kart: Wii (holds a ton of nostalgia but I still love MK8)

Mario Party: 8 (I’m sorry, I haven’t tried any earlier than 8 and that was the only one we played more than 10 times total)

Mario kart: Probably MK8 / deluxe, both are pretty much the same. I like the snappy controls and good visuals. I was always bumping into walls in MK wii, even though I had grew up playing it alot haha

Mario party: Boy, I have a lot to say about this! So I probably can't pick just one. Of what I have played, it is between 6,7 and DS.

DS because I used to play it before school in the car so I have very fond memories! It has got a good selection of minigames and soundtrack too.

6 because of the night/day mechanic mostly. I really like how it alters minigames looks and even how they work (What goes up... changes completely for example). This one also added toadette so it gets more points for that.

7 because of the boards and minigames, I really like the music in them too. The character assortment is great, character specific orbs are cool and 8 player mode is interesting. I used to watch lets plays of this one the most when I was younger!

If I had played 3, I would probably add it because of the minigames, music and story mode. But I haven't had the chance yet! Oh, and my least favourite is probably Mario party 8. Idk, maps are unique but since it's the first with motion controls alot of the minigames are bland. The battle minigame 'Cut from the team' is the highlight of that game for me!

Back