• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Favorite Hourly Music in Animal Crossing?

ZeldaCrossing64

So what?
Bells
Island
Newgrounds
Mother's Day Carnation
Black Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
White Rose
Spring Sakura
There are 24 hours in a day, and 5 mainline AC games. Assuming that they're all different, that's a total of 120 different songs. Out of all of those, which one's your favorite? It was hard for me to choose, but I ended up picking the 7 PM music from New Leaf. Some people find it creepy, but I think it's beautiful. I always time-travel to that time whenever I play NL, haha. Tell me which one you picked, though! I'd love to hear about it. :]

It's actually 96, because City Folk reused all of Wild World's hourly songs.

Anyway, New Leaf, and especially the original game, hold some of my favorite songs in the series.

I love the 2AM 3AM, 5AM, 6AM, 12PM, 3PM, 8PM 9PM, and 12AM hourly themes in the first game. I can't go without mentioning the best 5PM theme, ever. Seriously, it's amazing how diverse and electronic the soundtrack was. The soundtrack really does make you feel as if you're living in a forest, which is apt, because that's exactly how the series is titled in Japan.
  • It feels fitting waking villagers up at 5AM.
  • I can't even describe why the next hourly theme after 5 makes me feel so happy, probably because it's about that time that Normals and Jocks, the nicest and most energetic villagers, respectively, roam around my town.
  • I'm partial to the midnight theme because it's capture the feeling that a new day has started.

I don't care much for WW's music. It's not as upbeat as the two OSTs I praised, but it has my favorite 1AM, 8AM, and 9AM themes, at least.

New Leaf has the best 10AM, 1PM, 7PM, and 4AM hourly themes. A lot of the game's music brings the most nostalgic vibes out of me, even though it hasn't even been a year since I first played the game.
  • The game has the best rendition of the 1PM because of how well it fits in the context of the hour.
  • 7PM — Yeah, I don't understand why people would find this particular piece creepy. That piano is majestic. It sounds melancholy, yet calming, rather than creepy. Good choice, by the way.
  • I really enjoy the mysterious undertones of 4AM. It's about that time that you're the only person around in the dark (when Night Owl Ordinance isn't in place); makes me feel a bit lonely, but a little loneliness isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Last edited:
I should've known though, since CF is essentially an upgraded version of WW.
I wouldn't call it an "upgrade", because of grass deteriorating whenever you stepped on a tile, lots of content being removed for no apparent reason, and villager interaction being severely neutered. I guess it's nice for people who loved WW's soundtrack to be able to hear it more clearly, at least.

I wouldn't call it an "upgrade", because of grass deteriorating whenever you stepped on a tile, lots of content being removed for no apparent reason, and villager interaction being severely neutered. I guess it's nice for people who loved WW's soundtrack to be able to hear it more clearly, at least.
Oh, yeah you're right! And there's the city area, of course. Like, it wouldn't be City Folk without the city area. XP

i never played animal crossing on the gamecube, but my favourite hourly track is either wild world’s 5am, new leaf’s 12am or new leaf’s 1am. i definitely prefer the more calming, soothing hourly tracks, but i love these 3 the most. they sound so beautiful to me that listening to them lowkey gives me goosebumps lol.

12am - NH > WW > GC > NL | 1am - NL > WW > NH > GC
2am - WW > NL > NH > GC | 3am - WW > NL > GC > NH
4am - GC > NH > WW > NL | 5am - GC > NH > NL > WW
6am - GC > NL > NH > WW | 7am - GC > WW > NH > NL
8am - GC > NH > NL > WW | 9am - GC > NL > WW > NH
10am - NL > GC > WW > NH | 11am - NL > WW > GC > NH
12pm - NL > GC > WW > NH | 1pm - NL > GC > WW > NH
2pm - GC > WW > NH > NL | 3pm - GC > NL > WW > NH
4pm - GC > WW > NL > NH | 5pm - NL > GC > WW > NH
6pm - NH > GC > NL > WW | 7pm - NL > GC > WW > NH
8pm - WW > NL > GC > NH | 9pm - NL > GC > NH > WW
10pm - WW > NH > GC > NL | 11pm - NL > WW > NH > GC

Color Code - Green = Excellent | Blue = Like | Purple = Ehh | Red = Dislike |

As you can tell, not a big fan of New Horizon's music... 😄 Some tracks on that game are decent though, and the 3am song I do find amusing, as bad as that song is.

Favorites;
1. New Leaf 1am

2. New Leaf 11pm
3. Wild World 2am
4. GameCube 8am
5. GameCube 7am
6. New Leaf 7pm
7. GameCube 5am
8. New Leaf 5pm
9. Wild World 3am
10. Wild World 11pm
11. GameCube 2pm
12. New Leaf 12pm
13. GameCube 12pm
14. New Leaf 10am

Last edited:
Wow, what a nice and organized list. I can’t be bothered to create something like that, though. 😅 It’s a nice visual, anyway.

I’ve noticed that I tend to prefer the overnight and the evening music. I love 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM on New Horizons. I don’t remember much about the music from the past games, but I remember Gamecube having some pretty great music.

My all time favorite will always be New Leaf's 5PM. It means so much to me as that was always when I played it. I always came home from school and then played outside and then New Leaf! I still play NL at 5PM because I love it so much! Second would be New Leaf 6PM. Then City Folk/Wild World 6PM. I love all of the AC games hourly music though. They are all so special in their own ways! I love playing all the games and hearing all the music. Some people hate NH's music and I will say its my least favorite out of the tracks but its still a joy to listen too. I think one of the reasons is that all hourly themes are essentially remixes of the main theme and I think I love NL's music so much because NL's main theme is my favorite. WHATEVER THE CASE IS I LOVE ALL OF DA MUSIC :D 🥰

I think New Leaf has the best soundtrack but I also really love the 2am music from WW/CF even though I never really played those games. My favourite song of all is probably New Leaf's 11pm, it is so haunting and relaxing at the same time and fits the mood of the hour perfectly. All of the NL night themes remind me of time-travelling to late at night to go to the island and catching the scorpion/tarantula. I also really love the early morning themes in New Leaf too - Most people seem to find 5am creepy but I think that it fits the time well and is beautiful in summer as the sun rises. In NH and GC, I'm not a huge fan of the music - in NH it all sounds the same and I just don't think the GC music is as memorable as the other games.

Off the top of my head, here are some of my favourite tracks from each game:
GC: 6AM, 7AM, 8PM, 9PM
WW/LGTTC: 2PM, 4PM, 5PM, 6PM
NL: 8AM, 10AM, 3PM, 9PM
NH: 7AM, 10AM, 12PM, 2PM

If I had to pick just one, I think I'd pick WW 6AM. I just find it super amusing and catchy - I always start dancing whenever I hear it.

Other top favourites:
  • WW 2AM
  • NH 7AM
  • NL 11AM
  • WW 7AM
  • GC 7AM
  • GC 8AM
  • WW 12PM

10PM from city folk. It’s eery, deep, and dreamy. I listen to extended versions of it often on YouTube.

I'm not going to list the songs from the original because I never give them much attention. I will give 8am an honorable mention though because of how iconic and memorable it is.

If I could mix and match songs of the same hour from all games, it would look something like this
12am - New Horizons
1am - City Folk
2am - New Horizons
3am - City Folk
4am - New Leaf
5am - New Horizons
6am - City Folk
7am - New Horizons
8am - City Folk
9am - City Folk
10am - New Horizons
11am - City Folk
12pm - New Horizons
1pm - City Folk
2pm - City Folk
3pm - City Folk
4pm - City Folk
5pm - New Horizons
6pm - City Folk
7pm - New Leaf
8pm - City Folk
9pm - I don't like any of them too much TBH, so I will choose the original here.
10pm - City Folk
11pm - New Leaf

The New Leaf 1 Am Music. Its so beautiful and peaceful to listen too. I put it on whenever I play ACNH (by muting the game of course and playing this music over it)

i never played animal crossing on the gamecube, but my favourite hourly track is either wild world’s 5am, new leaf’s 12am or new leaf’s 1am. i definitely prefer the more calming, soothing hourly tracks, but i love these 3 the most. they sound so beautiful to me that listening to them lowkey gives me goosebumps lol.
new leaf’s 12:00 am is so good i listen to a 30 minute version that i found on youtube over and over.

Back