• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

Favorite Bands?

I'll list the ones I can remember atm. I know I'm going to forget someone though.

Muse, Placebo, Radiohead, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, The Thermals, The Ramones, The Misfits, Cage the Elephant

I think it'll be easier to link my lastfm library cuz at this point I have a lot of fav babies
http://www.last.fm/user/zoraluv/library#p1

but um idk my top favs have to be:
red hot chili peppers
MCR /shut uP
Placebo (they're losers)
Brown Eyed Girls
Rammstein
f(x)!!!!!
Wondergirls /again shutUPPP
Hole
Smashing Pumpkins
edit: I like FOB but growng up with them I kinda just got used to them so they're not favs but I love the lyrics + Joes sassy ass
also cage the elephant!!! my poor underrated babies pls make a sellout song and get dat cash
and I like a lot of solo artists
I just like music idec

Last edited:
Fleetwood Mac is defintely my favourite band of all time. Amazing how such old music can still feel so refreshing. Other favourite bands are Paramore, Daughter, HAIM, Foals and Florence + the Machine. I don't know if you call them a band, but I'm really into Purity Ring at the moment.

Scar Symmetry
Children of Bodom
Megadeth
Arch Enemy
Blood Stain Child
Trivium
As I Lay Dying
Metallica
Slayer

Yano, your usual top 20 pop bands.

besides metallica those are pretty decent, I've found myself getting into more Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Anthrax. I'll check some of the bands I don't recognize on this list. Thanks!

besides metallica those are pretty decent, I've found myself getting into more Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Anthrax. I'll check some of the bands I don't recognize on this list. Thanks!

Metallica are pretty much an 'honorable mention' at this point. I've had my step dad playing their stuff since I was 4 (I'm 24 now) so it's pretty hard for me to dislike them, though I'm too used to them to be super hyped up about them.

Priest are amazing though, plus most of their albums are really different from each other so it's they're repetitive.

Last edited:
I'm a huge oldies fan. I hate modern rock, pop, country, rap, hip hop, etc... I never turn the radio to the pop stations anymore because it never fails to disappoint me. With that being said, my all time favorite band is definitely The Beach Boys. Their music is so simple, yet catchy and sometimes beautiful. My favorite song of all time is California Girls; it's so bouncy, happy, and fun. Their vocals and instrumentals are both phenomenal and they come together to make beautiful pieces. I think that they are extremely underrated since they were overshadowed by The Beatles in their time. But their music will always stand out to me the most. <3

Now, I did say I hate modern music, but a pop band that I absolutely adore is Fun. In case you've forgotten, they are the band that made the big hits "We Are Young", "Some Nights", and "Carry On". I love them because though they are as new as can be, their songs resemble that of oldies music. They're a very unique band with a style I can't describe. I love it. I went to see them in concert last year. The lead singer, Nate Ruess, sounds just as amazing (if not better!) than he does on the radio, unlike almost any other band or singer.

Blink 182, The Swellers, Arctic Monkeys, My Chemical Romance, Panic! At The Disco, All Time Low, The Strokes, Led Zeppelin, Stevie Ray Vaughan, The Beatles, and the list just kinda goes

Last edited:
Stroke 9, Counting Crows (OMG, Adam Duritz is a lyrical wizard...) and my newest musical obsession is Daniel and the Lion. I saw them last summer when they played with Counting Crows and they are AMAZING.

My music tastes are kind of scattered, as in there are some bands which I LOVE one song from but not so much the rest. However, I'll try to list bands that I listen to many songs from:

Chicago (before the 80s), The Beatles, Streetlight Manifesto, The Doors, Fleet Foxes, Blood Sweat & Tears, Bread, Pentangle, Eagles, Dreams, Electric Light Orchestra, The John Renbourn Group, Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose, The Spinners, Boston, America, Egg, Genesis (Also before the 80s lol), Afroskull, Gryphon, Steeleye Span, Pink Floyd

{in no particular order}

The Birthday Massacre; Metric; Regina Spektor; Imogen Heap; Lights; Shiny Toy Guns; dredg {though I'm not a fan of their latest album}; Missy Higgins; Bastille; Tegan and Sara; Enya; Celtic Woman; The Head and the Heart

{Wow. That was a lot! While I do enjoy listening to many other bands/artists, the ones listed above are who I listen to the most.}

the strokes, broods, arctic monkeys, paramore, passion pit, phantogram.

the rest of the stuff i like aren't bands

Blink 182, The Swellers, Arctic Monkeys, My Chemical Romance, Panic! At The Disco, All Time Low, The Strokes, Led Zeppelin, Stevie Ray Vaughan, The Beatles, and the list just kinda goes

Ahhh, I forgot about Stevie Ray Vaughan. Classic. Can't be beat~

And same with Pink Floyd! Though I watched The Wall when I was a wee bit too young and I had to take some time away from them because it was giving me nightmares as a kid, haha. I'm back into them now.

Back