• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favorite band/artist and why?

ethnicbraat

Bells
I’ll go first :) my favorite artist is Lana del ray because she’s just amazing her music and the meanings behind her lyrics are deep :0 my favorite band has to be the smiths because I love the groovy feel to it and their music is just really good :)

Coheed and Cambria is my top favorite band, and A Day To Remember is a close second.

Coheed and Cambria is a really unique band, and a lot of their music takes time to warm up to if you're not used to it and have only heard Welcome Home on Guitar Hero or Rock Band. But I was introduced to them at an extremely pivotal and precious time in my life, so they're music takes me to a really special place.

My favorite band is System of a Down. My dad sorta introduced me to them, but he only listens to their songs casually, which probably explains why I only knew Toxicity and Chop Suey! initially. (Two of their most popular and well-known songs, no less.) Anyway, SoaD has a really unique style that I enjoy and Serj Tankian is a great singer. Their songs are very profound and meaningful and political. (For the most part, at least. I don't think Bounce and Cigaro reflect on those qualities very well, aha.) It's hard to pick favorites, but mine is B.Y.O.B. at the moment.

As for favorite singer . . . I don't know, I haven't really thought about this yet. I guess my pick would be Lady Gaga. Her songs are catchy and Poker Face is very nostalgic to me.

My favorite band is probably Glass Animals, though I wish they would return to their original sound/vibes. (ZABA-era)

My favorite singer? IDK... maybe Billie Holiday.. possibly Grimes but she's changed a lot and is kind of insufferable now

My favorite artist is Will wood, and my favorite band has to be tally hall

Hozier makes me want to go feral and live in the woods and dance in the lake under the moonlight.
Absolutely love his music.

It's hard for me to choose just one but I suppose Dark Tranquillity would be a strong contender. Their lyrics are a bit dark and abstract, I rather enjoy them.

I don't know if she's actually my favourite, but she's definitely on the top of the list. I am talking about Ichigo Aoba. She's a Japanese singer, but her voice is truly amazing. She really conquered my heart

all my playlists are of my favourite bands. it's difficult to just pick one. at the moment i'm jamming to one direction bc i just like all their voices to be honest. also blossoms bc of the lead singer's voice??

My favorite band is 100% System Of A Down!! When i was younger and even now my parents introduced me to many genres of music, my mom introduced me to Rock, Metal, and Grunge music while my dad listened to a bit of everything the main ones though were Rock, Hiphop, and Reggae! But this time it wasn't any of my parents that introduced to SOAD, it was my brother! (Sorta.) My brother asked my mom to put the SOAD CD on that he bought, that's when all the maaagiiic happened! I took off my earbuds and asked my mom what song was playing, she told me Prison Song and i immediately searched it up and started listening to more of that music when i got home. My current favorites are Radio/Video, Genocidal Humanoidz, and Sugar!!

My favorite artist would have to be Elohim! One of my friends introduced me to her when i was around 9 or 11. First song I've heard from her was Hallucinating. When I was 12 I started listening to more of her music (at the time i only listened to 4 of her songs) and now have her whole braindead album in my likes O_O I researched her for a music project last year for band and just found out she had anxiety and that her braindead album was based off about anxiety and it got me so happy since i deal with anxiety myself, no i wonder i related to her music so much <\\3 She's such an inspiration to me and her music helped me get through a lot. My favorites are braindead, group therapy, and paradise!!

Back