• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Fantasy Life General Thread

Origin Island seems quite big (not that you can see a lot of it in this video). Also, I keep forgetting this game actually has a storyline, I'm guessing the whole "bring light to Reveria" is referring to that?

Another question; is there a list somewhere of the DLC you can buy in-game? I know there are some items that give you more EXP or something?

And, finally, I'm not sure why but this game has gone quite down in price on Amazon France (not that I'm complaining, on the contrary!); 34,99 EUR instead of 44,99 EUR. So I think I'll definitely get the DLC as well. :)

When is the coming out to EU?

Fantasy Life for 3DS!

Anyone else planning to get it? : )

I don't hear much hype for the game around, but I'm really excited about it! I've always loved RPGs and RPG elements, but this game is a whole different take on it. I'm excited to try all the different classes, learn skills, and make parties with friends to go monster and treasure hunting! (Plus, the art style for it is super-cute and it's great that all these new games are going down the path of customizable characters!)

It's definitely looking like one of those games that I'll be spending a lot of time with and a lot of hours on. I watched the demo video from E3 and it has me even more anticipating the release. I may not be able to get it on release date, unfortunately, as I live in the middle of nowhere, but I'll definitely be ordering it.

I hope I'm not the only one looking forward to the Fantasy Life release!

Two new videos. Very short and not showing anything really new, though.

I need it nowwwwww.

Im jelly that I have to wait until October for NA release. :(

I already put the cash on my account for the digital copy, september 24th. :D

I already put the cash on my account for the digital copy, september 24th. :D

I've pre-ordered on Amazon France; price is 34,90 EUR and I doubt the eShop will be cheaper (most of the time it's 44,99 EUR I believe). ;)

I've pre-ordered on Amazon France; price is 34,90 EUR and I doubt the eShop will be cheaper (most of the time it's 44,99 EUR I believe). ;)

Hmm, I haven`t seen that price in Holland anywhere. I think shipping a copy in from France would still raise the price quite a lot. I have no problem paying extra for such a (as far as I can see) great game. :D They can use the extra 10 Euro on Fantasy Life 2! :D

Hmm, I haven`t seen that price in Holland anywhere. I think shipping a copy in from France would still raise the price quite a lot. I have no problem paying extra for such a (as far as I can see) great game. :D They can use the extra 10 Euro on Fantasy Life 2! :D

Nederland? Hallo, hallo, Belgi? hier! :D

I order from Belgium and shipping is free. I'm not sure the same applies for The Netherlands; I had never thought about it, to be honest. But yeah, Amazon France is the cheapest I've found and I've checked several sites (like Amazon UK, Bol.com and whatever else Google gave me as results :p).

[EDIT]

Okay, I checked and it seems it would be 3,80 EUR + 0,60 EUR/kg. So that would make an extra 4,40 EUR? Yeah, you're right; it wouldn't make much of a difference. :(

Last edited:
Hhnnggh man, October needs to hurry up and get here. I'm really looking forward to this game! It looks like so much fun!! Hahah I hope I remember Animal Crossing exists when I start playing it. It looks like a really long game!! The multiplayer mode looks cool too, its never fun being stuck to just like one or two areas when you're playing a game with your friends :p

Nederland? Hallo, hallo, Belgi? hier! :D

I order from Belgium and shipping is free. I'm not sure the same applies for The Netherlands; I had never thought about it, to be honest. But yeah, Amazon France is the cheapest I've found and I've checked several sites (like Amazon UK, Bol.com and whatever else Google gave me as results :p).

Hallo hallo! :D

I always order my games at Nedgame, a Dutch gameshop I`ve been a customer there for years. I both use their webshop and their actual stores, I never had any problems with that store and they have an excellent selection of games. (I btw do not work for them, even though it may sound like it :D).

[EDIT]

Okay, I checked and it seems it would be 3,80 EUR + 0,60 EUR/kg. So that would make an extra 4,40 EUR? Yeah, you're right; it wouldn't make much of a difference. :(

I really appreciate your effort in looking it up though. I don`t think an approximate 5 dollars is enough of a difference for me to abandon my peeps at Nedgame. :D

One more week! Let's just hope I won't have to wait till Monday before I'll be able to play it (but given that the game comes out on Friday, I'm guessing I'll have to be patient ^_^').

The European Fantasy Life website was recently updated with a full overview of the Origin Island DLC. For ?7.19 (likely $7.99 in North America at launch), players will receive access to a brand new area with additional quests, more character customization elements, and more.

Here?s an important note about online play:

Players who have purchased the Origin Island Expansion Pack cannot connect in multiplayer with players who have not purchased it. Multiplayer connection will only be possible with other owners of the Expansion Pack. The Expansion Pack needs to be activated in-game after purchase, and this can only occur once the main story has been completed.

Source here.

The price is pretty much what I had been expecting. I'm a bit confused about the wording about multiplayer, though.

If I understand this correctly, then:

Two players who do NOT have the Expansion Pack CAN connect in multiplayer.

However, if one player has the Expansion Pack then they can only connect in multiplayer 1) after having completed the main story, and 2) they can only do so with people who have the Expansion Pack as well.

Is that correct or am I completely misunderstanding this? Because I was thinking of getting the DLC but I know only one person who will get the game as well and I have no idea if she's planning on getting the DLC, which would mean "so much for being able to play together".

[EDIT]
Seems I did understand correctly. Hm... Not sure what to think about this. Seems a bit unfair to me. I mean; can't they just make it so that if you play with someone who doesn't have the DLC, that neither of you can go to Origin Island when you're playing together? :(

Last edited:
The European Fantasy Life website was recently updated with a full overview of the Origin Island DLC. For ?7.19 (likely $7.99 in North America at launch), players will receive access to a brand new area with additional quests, more character customization elements, and more.

Here’s an important note about online play:

Players who have purchased the Origin Island Expansion Pack cannot connect in multiplayer with players who have not purchased it. Multiplayer connection will only be possible with other owners of the Expansion Pack. The Expansion Pack needs to be activated in-game after purchase, and this can only occur once the main story has been completed.

Source here.

The price is pretty much what I had been expecting. I'm a bit confused about the wording about multiplayer, though.

If I understand this correctly, then:

Two players who do NOT have the Expansion Pack CAN connect in multiplayer.

However, if one player has the Expansion Pack then they can only connect in multiplayer 1) after having completed the main story, and 2) they can only do so with people who have the Expansion Pack as well.

Is that correct or am I completely misunderstanding this? Because I was thinking of getting the DLC but I know only one person who will get the game as well and I have no idea if she's planning on getting the DLC, which would mean "so much for being able to play together".

[EDIT]
Seems I did understand correctly. Hm... Not sure what to think about this. Seems a bit unfair to me. I mean; can't they just make it so that if you play with someone who doesn't have the DLC, that neither of you can go to Origin Island when you're playing together? :(

Hm. I wonder if this still applies if you have the DLC purchased, but not activated? Sounds like the game doesn't register the DLC until after the main story is completed- which I've heard takes quite some time. In other words, since the DLC remains unactivated until X time, your game data should remain the same as the original, no? It may be possible for players to connect during this time as the expansion isn't activated... or at least that's how I've interpreted it.

I'll wait a bit before purchasing the DLC. People are bound to test it out and complain anyway. If it turns out how you've stated, I'll hold off until I'm done the game. That gives plenty of co-op time with friends!

The price doesn't bother me too much as I bought the game during the E3 discount promotion.

Hm. I wonder if this still applies if you have the DLC purchased, but not activated? Sounds like the game doesn't register the DLC until after the main story is completed- which I've heard takes quite some time. In other words, since the DLC remains unactivated until X time, your game data should remain the same as the original, no? It may be possible for players to connect during this time as the expansion isn't activated... or at least that's how I've interpreted it.

I'll wait a bit before purchasing the DLC. People are bound to test it out and complain anyway. If it turns out how you've stated, I'll hold off until I'm done the game. That gives plenty of co-op time with friends!

The price doesn't bother me too much as I bought the game during the E3 discount promotion.

I think that since the DLC provides extra data (level caps, pets and such) they don't want players mingling together? Since if you have a pet that is exclusive to the DLC, the other player (without the DLC) won't be able to see it. If that's the case, then it makes sense to restrict multiplayer between people with and people without the DLC. Although it does seem unfair....

I guess it's best if you just hold out til you and your friends all buy the DLC, rather than buying it right after you beat the game.

I think that since the DLC provides extra data (level caps, pets and such) they don't want players mingling together? Since if you have a pet that is exclusive to the DLC, the other player (without the DLC) won't be able to see it. If that's the case, then it makes sense to restrict multiplayer between people with and people without the DLC. Although it does seem unfair....

I guess it's best if you just hold out til you and your friends all buy the DLC, rather than buying it right after you beat the game.

Yeah! I've understood that part. But the DLC doesn't unlock until post-game, meaning the additional features of the expansion shouldn't affect multiplayer gameplay right off the bat, right?

Ah... this is somehow really complicated when it shouldn't be. haha

Anyway, has anyone decided which Life they want to start with? :)

Back