Fairytale town advice - Jack & the Beanstalk

NicoShaytan

the original devil
Bells
Ok, so I'm planning an Into the Woods-themed town, and I need to show the giant's existence in some way. I want it to be outside, showing some sort of beanstalk if possible. But I can't think of any pwps that would fit. I thought maybe the town's tree would make a good beanstalk, but I can't think of how to make that obvious visually.

Anyone have any ideas? Jack is my favorite character, so I want to do his story right. The only thing I can't do is hack.

I love Into the Woods. Let me know as soon as you have a DA I can visit for this town.

The key here I think will be QR codes. You should make several to fit together to look like giant footprints, all throughout town. It'd take four or six spaces depending on the size you want in order to do it justice, but it could work. That's the biggest thing in suggesting his presence. With that, you don't necessarily need a beanstalk as it's possible that he could have wandered away. If you want something, I'd suggest using bamboo and having it represent the giant beanstalk, and then having other things around it that hint at what it's from, like the throwing beans, or bamboo that's just sprouted. Just a few thoughts!

Maybe a chair sculpture or two, to imply they're the giant's shoes? I don't think there's any good replacement for a beanstalk but you could have a design sign with a "Magic Beans Go Here" print on it, with throwing beans to the sign's side.

sucks you cant hack i had some good ideas

maybe find some QR codes that like make things look 3D? like those old QR codes that made things look like they were floating. then you could put a player's house behind the town tree to make it look like its 'in' the beanstalk (town tree). the house could be the giants house and the player could be jack. idk

Maybe a chair sculpture or two, to imply they're the giant's shoes? I don't think there's any good replacement for a beanstalk but you could have a design sign with a "Magic Beans Go Here" print on it, with throwing beans to the sign's side.

Ffff that's so cute. I was thinking of leaving those beans in the witch's house and Jack's house, too, so that's adorable. I think I'll combine that with shannenenen's bamboo idea for the beanstalk. Maybe growing bamboo and cut bamboo?

sucks you cant hack i had some good ideas

maybe find some QR codes that like make things look 3D? like those old QR codes that made things look like they were floating. then you could put a player's house behind the town tree to make it look like its 'in' the beanstalk (town tree). the house could be the giants house and the player could be jack. idk

Oooo that's a really unique idea!!! I love it. Yeahhhh, I'm super jealous of people who can hack, those towns are so original. Alas. I'll have to try your idea!

I love Into the Woods. Let me know as soon as you have a DA I can visit for this town.

The key here I think will be QR codes. You should make several to fit together to look like giant footprints, all throughout town. It'd take four or six spaces depending on the size you want in order to do it justice, but it could work. That's the biggest thing in suggesting his presence. With that, you don't necessarily need a beanstalk as it's possible that he could have wandered away. If you want something, I'd suggest using bamboo and having it represent the giant beanstalk, and then having other things around it that hint at what it's from, like the throwing beans, or bamboo that's just sprouted. Just a few thoughts!

I SHALL!!! I'm super excited about it; I read up on the stage musical because the movie was what got me hooked on it. And I don't like the change they made about Rapunzel... So! Yes! I hope I do it justice and I will definitely keep you posted!! I'm making a character for the Baker, Little Red Ridinghood, Cinderella, and Jack. Red will be the owner of the Witch's house next to the Baker, and the Witch will be represented by a mannequin. I'm gonna try to make the path through the woods story-oriented, kind of...railroading people through the story with lots of hedges and trees. Lemme know if you have any more ideas or feedback on my ideas so far! (PMs are always okay, too.)

ETA: I am definitely using your footprint idea, btw. I'll probably use four spaces for each print, left and right.

Last edited:
Back