• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Eshop Nostalgia...

rapt0r

Quad Ridin' Beast
Bells
Help me cope, share your memories with the 3ds (and WiiU) Eshop. I'll start. When I was around 8, the 3ds was my first console I had bought with my own money I had saved up. I remember sinking so many hours into Pokémon Y and Super Smash Bros. For 3DS and Wii U, my cousin also had the same one as me and we would play all the time, the 3DS is still my favorite console to date, and seeing it be discontinued makes me wanna cry.

I got Super Mario Bros for my 2DS.On my 3DS, I got the Animal Crossing: New Leaf Toy Day Theme. I still use it to this day on my 3DS. The New Leaf Toy Day theme song from the game has become nostalgic for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I miss the WiiU shop music. That's what I will remember the most when I look back on that time. And when they would play songs from certain games when they were promoting their new release. When Twilight Princess was new or releasing soon they played the Malo Mart song.

It's really a shame Nintendo moved away from that kind of charm.

I remember downloading all the demos I could find on my 3DS since the only games i had were Super Princess Peach, Kirby Squeak Squad, this Regular Show game, and this boxing game with animals (no idea what it was called)
My favorite demo game will always be Box Boy, i didn't really know how to read a lot so i had not idea there was a limit of usages and i was so sad once it ran out <\\3

I can't remember a lot about our Wii console, I do recall that i had a monster high game on there and the controls were so confusing to me. I mainly remember playing my cousins Wii when we went to her house. We always played Wii Sports it was our favorite :D We also played Monkey ball on there, those were really the two main games we played, , i cant remember the other ones she had but there were 3-5 in total

I really miss those days <\\3

I remember getting the email granting me access to the Smash Bros. 3DS demo and thinking I was special.

My influencer career hasn't gained much traction since.

I was able to snag a few demos and digital copies of Tomodachi Life and ACNL before the shop for 3ds closed. I also was able to get the Culdcept Revolt theme, and I still use it to this day (I have never played Culdcept, please explain it to me). I really wish Nintendo did not discontinue the service, but all good things must come to an end.

Back