• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Erm, is the Darkrai I got from a trade legit or hacked?

I can tell you that a shiny umbreon named Blaze(IVs are 31/31/31/31/31/x[1]) is cloned. I have the original. I let a cloner clone him once to prove to myself that it worked[I was very worried the entire time he was gone that I wouldn't get my umbreon back; but I did get him back along with an extra shiny umbreon].

But this is gen 6, is it not?

A few people have been saying that they got their poke edit Pokemon through. So it could be hacked. If it's not then great! :D Lucky you. Unfortunately there's no real way to tell, and I don't think the legality checker can be 100% full proof. Have you tried transferring any poke edit Pokemon?

It could also be cloned as the others are saying. I cloned a few myself Pokemon myself >.<

Last edited:
If you run a pokecheck on your pokemon, on pokecheck.org, it will tell you if the Pokemon has been hacked, cloned, RNGd, ect. It only supports generation 5 games and under though.

You can talk to the memory girl outside the poke center in amberette town, she'll tell you if it's hacked or not ( ^ω^ )

Hi, I saw this thread and was actually wondering if you guys could help me ^.^
my friend got a shiny Latias on wondertrade, we checked it and concluded that its definitely hacked. my friend wants to know if she will get in trouble for keeping this pokemon in her box? Thanks!

Hi, I saw this thread and was actually wondering if you guys could help me ^.^
my friend got a shiny Latias on wondertrade, we checked it and concluded that its definitely hacked. my friend wants to know if she will get in trouble for keeping this pokemon in her box? Thanks!

If you keep it in your PC/party and use it for solo play you won't get in trouble. If you use it in wifi battles people might report it if they suspect it is a hack (but usually only if the hack has max IVs ect) and you might be banned from wifi battles for a few days. If you decide to trade it you should let others know it was obtained via a hack.

Last edited:
You can talk to the memory girl outside the poke center in amberette town, she'll tell you if it's hacked or not ( ^ω^ )
She does not tell you if a Pokemon is hacked. Anything from Pokemon Bank or a Mystery Gift will make her say "The Pokemon seems to have a good memory, but doesn't seem to be able to remember..." This won't tell you if a Pokemon from Pokemon Bank is hacked since all of them are like that. Also, if a hacked Pokemon gets through Pokemon Bank, that means the game doesn't even know it's hacked, even if it's obvious like a non-event Pokemon in a Cherish Ball. (Pokemon Bank never checks the Pokeballs, surprisingly.)

Ive noticed that hacked pokemon that go through pokebank sometimes cant be traded from trainer to trainer but can be put up for gts trade.
which is weird o.o

Back