• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

End Racism On ACNL

Being able to choose your skin tone would be nice but... racism in acnl? Come on.

Tanning is the worst! In all of my years of playing, I've never been able to get a tan once. I've tried hundreds of times and I do everything right, but nothing. Eventually I just gave up because it would never work

I managed to get a tan with time traveling. Each day, you have to tan for at least 15 min with nothing on your head on the island (unless it's summer and broad daylight noon to 5 ish I think). Do this for 7 days and you'll notice something. If you lose a day without tanning, your tan will fade.

Don't mistake the absence of a feature or customization for discrimination or racism by the developer's or company's part.

I'm all for supporting equality but this really seems minor to me. I understand if you are a person of colour and don't feel like your player matches who you are, and I'm sorry for that, but come on.

Hiya, guys. I made a petition today calling for Nintendo to add a feature that allows a player to choose their skin tone, versus being stuck with only one shade of white. The lack of representation for Nintendo's diverse group of players is, frankly, quite alarming, but we can do something to change it. Here's a link to my petition. Please sign it and spread the word about it! http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/283/675/394/

Thank you :)

Edit: didn't know this sort of thing wasn't allowed. Sorry. I don't know how to delete the thread.

The game is 4 years old. I don't want Nintendo to come close to touching it again. If it is the same in the next game(highly unlikely) then do your petition thing then.

The title of this thread is funny to me.

Last edited:
I think Hanlon's Razor applies here: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Back