• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Emendations to my Idea Book (Problems and Solutions)

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Green Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Hot Cocoa
Snowflake Glow Wand
Yellow Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Orange Candy
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Last entry, I was announcing that I have some idea changes to my Idea Book as I mentioned here. Today I'm starting over the comments my friend made about my ideas listed in the Idea Book.

Today's entry is about Chapter 3 of my Idea Book, which is about the list of problems in ACNL that I seek fixes. 17 of the problems were major problems, but only 7 of these are mentioned again in the future. And 5 of problems aren't major, but I still listed them.

Problems with game idea solutions:

1. Unorderable Items - make all items orderable: According to what my friend said, thye were made unorderable for a reason. It's not just to reflect off of how you can't buy what they don't distribute, but it's to create a challenge. It wouldn't be fun if you can order everything. He also understood how some items were hard to obtain and how duping unorderable items became common, but if Nintendo were to make all items orderable, there should be a trade-off. His suggestion: all items are available to order, but if that were to happen, the "unordable items" are to be priced outrageously high (like 50,000 Bells or higher), can be ordered once in each order, and if someone orders them, they have to wait 24 hours for it to arrive. They can't order another while the previous order is impending.
  2. Animal Moving Mechanic - introduce zoning feature: This is an idea nobody could disagree with. In fact, if Nintendo were to incorporate my ideas, this would be number 1. I know this was the first time Nintendo allowed more freedom to place landmarks as mistakes always happen on the first time, but this is New Leaf's biggest problem.
  3. Pocket Space - create more menus: while my friend agrees on expanding the wallet to 6 digits and adding a tool menu rather than having tools be in the main space, he doesn't feel that there should be more menus. The design menu would be fine until the amiibo update shown us how changing the interior design works.
  4. PWP Farming - have new ways to unlock PWPs: he thought it would be strange for mayors to ask for suggestions, but he understood my frustration. He thought my idea was a great idea. He also liked my limit I suggested in Chapter 11, where you can get only three suggestions a day, only one per villager, and they cannot suggest projects everyday.
  5. PWP Limitseparate certain projects from the project directory: this is an idea he actually likes. In fact, it's one of his favorite ideas of mine. While some do make sense as being town-funded landmarks, stuff like lamps and benches should be something you should be able to place anywhere freely and not built like monuments. He also likes them being outside the 30-PWP limit while having their own limit, which builds up to 60.
  6. Randomized Map Generatorintroduce Map Editor: even if he likes New Leaf's map generation mechanic more than City Folk's and before, he agrees that the one we have now is stupid and frustrating. However, my Map Editor idea, he's not to sweet on it. Not only that people wouldn't have time to design the maps they want, but I pointed out a potential in Chapter 6 that people would be stupid with it, thus hindering the gameplay. But he has another idea, which you will see tomorrow.
  7. Harsh Opportunity Costmake hours custom: of the seven problems with game ideas, this is the weakest idea. Even the reason behind it is weak. But he didn't like the idea of having only one ordinance active at once. He suggests you should have two ordinances active at once as long as Early Bird and Night Owl aren't the two ordinances active, rather than having the government dictate what times businesses can open or close.
Other problems they should fix:

• Club Tortimer - it's not really the feature, but it's the users using the feature. But my friend can agree that Club Tortimer should go away. It's not as necessary with few changes, and kids there are very rude. If a feature is being abused by people, it would eventually get taken away.
  • Saharah - he liked my suggestion about Saharah being a seller rather than a carpenter, but when I ask for her to give out exclusives only, that's going to make Animal Crossing less challenging, especially if I wanted to make all items orderable.
  • Getting the Snowman Series - he agrees that the difficulty should not be extremely high to where only the best of players can achieve something, especially certain event items in Animal Crossing. He also agrees that the Snowboys are extremely frustrating to satisfy. You can't expect people to get a perfect bullseye to get any prize in general.
  • Group Mechanic - as much as I said that this is outdated due to the number of items we have now, he couldn't agree with me on this. It was to encourage trading. He understands my frustration with the mechanic and how seldom some items are sold, but instead of randomly throwing furniture into different groups in each cartridge and choosing for you, you should be able to choose what group of items are sold in your town, as it should correlate to my biomes idea and not random factors.
  • Luck System - although he didn't like my lucky town ordinance as seen in Chapter 12, he understood how the luck system worked and how stupid it is. But the luck system I suggested in my lucky town ordinance should be the default luck system.
  • Villager behaviors - although being ungrateful is rude, he agrees that there should be a win/lose and yes/no situation in villager interactions all the time and not be forced to take what they give.
  • Friendship and moving - he disagrees with me in general because I was missing the whole point in friendship. It's not that being nice will make them move or being mean would make them stay. It's based on how they will listen to you. If you are not friends, they wouldn't listen as much, and if you are, they will listen to you more. He said that my idea made sense, but he told me that I was missing the point.
  • Landscaping preferences - even if it goes against nature, it should be an option the whole time because of griefers, scammers, and thieves.
  • Grass Decay - he told me that if it doesn't affect me, it shouldn't matter to me. This shouldn't be a no-go if it were to place landmarks, but at least it wasn't as bad as City Folk's. But you should be able to make grass regrow by watering them.
  • Bunny Day tickets - he agrees with me completely on how the grand prize tickets are too common and not worth as much as they should, as action must be taken there.
Minor problems:
  • Big Lake dock - my friend felt that was a useless solution to a inconsequential problem, even if it made your town more decorative back in the GameCube version, especially since the lake is smaller than before.
  • Outdoor camera - this is an idea he would actually like. In fact, he would like it if the game was in 3D rather than just a rotatable camera outside.
  • Returning features - while he did like most of the features (like town models and journals) I seek return, he wouldn't care if they never came back.
  • Missing GameCube Villagers - he not only agrees with the villagers I suggested, but he agrees with all of them to come back.
  • Villager Conversations - he thought villager conversations were just as good as they always were, so he couldn't agree there.
Changes I do not want made:

The other eight things I listed on Chapter 3 were the stuff I do not want to see in the next game. Some were past problems I don't want to see come back, but others are some other stuff I would not like. This is one thing where my friend agrees with everything on.

As for the Sandbox Mode and Traditional Mode idea I listed on Chapter 4, he hates the idea of Traditional Mode and said that it was the worst idea I came up with in my Idea Book. It would use too much data, and the idea is hard to implement in general. Plus, others may not like Traditional Mode. It should all be in Sandbox Mode with no label for Sandbox Mode.

Back