• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

EDIT: I'm dropping out

Bumping this, took alot of time to think and read the thread and definitely I'm scared to drop out now but I'm afraid that I can't finish high school under my current conditions.

Depending on your state, assuming you live in the U.S., look into Online Public schools. It's what I did all throughout HS and it allowed me the freedom to work on my coursework in a better environment for me. Overall, you definitely need to discuss it with your academic advisor as each state is different with graduation requirements and can steer you in a direction best situated for you while taking in all parts of the equation that we, on an Animal Crossing forum, don't know.

Best of luck to ya and I'm sure it'll all work out. :)

Do what's best for you. You clearly have a plan and the intent of following through with it, that's more than a lot of high school graduates can say. We're always told that there's only one path to success, but everyone with much more life experience would tell you that's a lie. You don't have to live your life for three or five years from now, do what's best for you now. You don't have to explain yourself at all either, I went to a technical school with someone who got their GED (not american, sorry if I used some wrong terms here) and she went on to a good office job.
Post automatically merged:

The most important part is of course why you want to drop out though and if studying for the GED is more reasonable than finishing senior year.

Having known people who have dropped out, and having been around the employment process, I can tell you with great certainty that finding employment later down the line will be much, much easier if you graduated from the same high school that you started in. This, of course, varies depending on what exactly you are looking to do for work, but GED's only ever hurt you. Granted, you can be a fantastic person with great work ethic and you get along with everyone, but if you never make it to the interview, none of that can help you land the job. First impressions matter so much in the job world, and if you can manage to stick it, you'll save yourself some trouble unless you happen to get profoundly lucky, or have a job set aside for you once you leave.

After all the consideration and taking into account my life issues and advice I have been given, I'm dropping out to get my GED instead, I want to thank everyone for helping me give advice but ultimately I can't finish 12th grade due to alot of emotional and life issues that have been plaguing me for years!

Best of luck to you. Know that the community here will always have your back

I would highly recommend talking to a school counselor and possibly college advisors around you that you especially if nursing/dental are your goals.

I don't know your area but dental programs and nursing programs are highly competitive programs where I am. Meaning it can be very hard to get into programs and the programs themselves are very intensive. Even dental programs depending where you are and especially nursing require biology, physiology, microbiology, statistics, and algebra courses just as prereqs to apply to programs.

I'm personally leaning towards sticking to your high school diploma even if you need to repeat a year. I think GEDs can be valid but the reasons you've stated concern me (not wanting to repeat a year because embarrassment and the classes you failed which are important for those fields). Also, look into if there's any accredited online offered high schools for your state. I had health issues in high school and I was able to finish out the last two years and get my diploma via an accredited online school.

So, again, speak to a counselor that can review your situation and give you the best advice.

Edit: Just want to say best wishes, just saw your update. I hope things get better and you're able to get some resources to help with things going on. <3

Last edited:
I wish you nothing but the best. I hope you are able to find peace and happiness in your life!

its going to be a rough road ahead, i wish you the best of luck

It will be tough going forward. I know someone else who is working on their GED. Wishing you the best.

Best of luck! The TBT community is always here for you.

If you haven't already, please consider speaking to a school counsellor or trusted teacher at your school before you leave. Once you do leave the school, I'm not sure how much support they'll be able to offer you if you are no longer a student of the school.

There are so many options for online schooling nowadays, I'm sure you'll be able to find the GED solution that is best for you.

Back