• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Dreams

Variety.Gamer 4438

Always start again
Bells
Switch
3285-0551-5525
Mom's Plush
Jingle Christmas Doll
Isabelle
Lobo
January Birthstone (Garnet)
I'm thinking about getting dreams for the same reason I got Super Mario Maker 2, to experience and play all of the wonderful creations that people have made as well as for a cool VR experience. Is it worth buying even after a few years have passed for the game and even if I may not wish to create levels myself?

Also, if you have created any levels feel free to share the code(s) :D

I have not played dreams but it looked absolutely incredible with the number of different things people were able to do. If you do get it, I'd be interested to know your thoughts.

I would recommend it if you have a PS4 Pro or PS5 backwards compatibility. I enjoyed it on my regular PS4 exploring other people's content, but unfortunately it experiences performance issues with quite a few dreams from my experience. I definitely think it's worth trying just to see what other people make.

yeah there's definitely still longevity there. just keep in mind it's really marked toward players with at least a basic interest in game development and not be a copy and paste of assets like Mario Maker. and you don't even exactly make levels unless that is the genre you're using dreams to make. you could just make a nameless interactive thing without a goal. you can make anything from your own game to "i made this do this just because."

essentially you're buying an accessible to even a casual audience game engine

it's worthwhile just to experience other people's things like you mentioned for sure.

yeah there's definitely still longevity there. just keep in mind it's really marked toward players with at least a basic interest in game development and not be a copy and paste of assets like Mario Maker. and you don't even exactly make levels unless that is the genre you're using dreams to make. you could just make a nameless interactive thing without a goal. you can make anything from your own game to "i made this do this just because."

essentially you're buying an accessible to even a casual audience game engine

it's worthwhile just to experience other people's things like you mentioned for sure.

If you don't mind me asking, is Dreams a more complex version of Game Builder Garage? I was going to buy both games, but if that would feel redundant, I'd just rather buy Dreams since that has VR capabilities, while GBG does not. It's not like Minecraft where I really feel the need of getting the same game for more than one system.

dreams looks really cool, but unfortunately i don't have a ps4 or ps5 so no bueno for me, plus idk if i'd have the patience to really try and figure it out.

At least playing the creations is pretty simple. I haven't tried creating my own yet, so I wouldn't know that.

Back