Dream villager question...

Jonesey

Bells
Winter Mittens
What are you gonna do after you get your dream villagers? I personally think it would get boring after the first month or less dealing with the same villagers everyday. So is that considered beating the game once you have your dream villagers and town set up the way you like it?

I thought about this too, but there are so many great villagers in AC.. after I get everyone I want I'll probably trade them out for others and try my luck with randoms. I think it would be cool to meet all the characters in the game :) and I want to give my dream villagers to other people who would want to try them out too.

I thought about this too, but there are so many great villagers in AC.. after I get everyone I want I'll probably trade them out for others and try my luck with randoms. I think it would be cool to meet all the characters in the game :) and I want to give my dream villagers to other people who would want to try them out too.

Glad i'm not the only one who wondered about it:) I personally don't have dreamies but I will admit there are ones I would love to have live in my town for awhile. But its not the end of the world if I can't get them. Paying ridiculous bells just doesn't feel worth it just to have a villager I will prob let go anyways for free.

Your right for the most part... what will happen? I guess some of the dreamie villagers combined in the same town my make some funny conversations, but it might get old.

The bell part is ridiculous, I mean Marshal is going around for 30 million bells at the nearest Marshal store.

I've seen higher.

I'm getting their pictures, then letting them go. The only ones staying are Coco, Maple, and Phoebe.

Honestly it probably will get boring, so I plan to move out 2 or 3 different dreamies over time and just keep adopting other animals. I'll try to shoot for every picture of every animal in the game, which could take forever. In the end I'll decide who I want to keep and make my town permanent that way... or I may get a second copy, keep certain dreamies in my first town forever and just use my other town as a village to switch up dreamies. I don't TT so it'll take years. I'll probably end up with all my dream villagers in another couple of months.. so I can figure it all out from there. It would be pretty fun experimenting with different towns.. trying one out of all cats, trying one out of all squirrels.. trying one out with all animals that scare the crap out of me and paint the floors with patterns of katt's face.

Last edited:
My perception of my dreamie is not about "So cute and I must get this villager!ok pay 100mil!", but mostly I pick because I want all types of personalities and each different species in my town and specially picked villagers =x at first I am kinda fussy and dislike ugly villagers but I realized after a long time socializing with them, I start to feel the bond and doesn't want them to leave just because I want my dreamies, but still some of them need to be out as their house blocked the place my PWP should be >< eg:bridge.

I actually did accomplish all my dream villagers. And yes, it did get boring fast. Some actually you don't get bored with, but it started getting stale. So, I have been letting them go one by one, and now, my whole town is a rotating villagers with new faces every few weeks. I like it! My new goal is to meet all 333 villagers. Ha, ha! Even the so called "ugly" ones. Each one has it's own charm.

I've set some ridiculous long-term goals so I don't get bored or feel like the game has nothing left to offer me. Regarding "dream" villagers, all of them need to come from one of my towns. I can't buy or otherwise recieve any of them from the forums or IRL friends. I'm also placing them in certain locations around my map, so I'm working on TTing them out, cycling 16 villagers, and then putting them back in their new locations.

Since my main town is based around a very specific theme, I'm reasonably sure that each villager that reminds me of a specific character won't seem stale since they'll immediately remind me of their character.

After getting my villagers all placed properly, I'm going to try for 1bil bells (through legit means, obviously), complete catalog, and complete museum. Maaaaybe complete gold badges. Oh, and maybe fancying up my town a bit.

As of right now, I'm only 40% there with getting my dreamies, but I'm making plans for once I get them all.
I probably am going to complete my town (so to speak) with landscaping, paths, etc.
I also want to complete my catalog, get all gold badges, completing my museum, catch every fish and bug, and collect as many villager pictures as humanly possible
So, if you want to do that, you always could.
Although, I'm kind of planning on getting villagers and deciding if I will want them forever, and if not, I switch them out for a different villager that I want to try out in my town
Like dreamie cycling (because there are too many cute villagers and not enough space in one village)

Yup, this is why I've stuck to 2 actual dreamies (Kiki and Ribbot both of whom I now have) and Skye and Blanche will be sticking around as long as possible too (and if I ever get Stitches, hoo boy). I just want to experience as many villagers as possible and get their pictures. I feel like if I had all the same villagers it would get old faster than when I switch them out. I love all my villagers right now but I need variety!

I actually did accomplish all my dream villagers. And yes, it did get boring fast. Some actually you don't get bored with, but it started getting stale. So, I have been letting them go one by one, and now, my whole town is a rotating villagers with new faces every few weeks. I like it! My new goal is to meet all 333 villagers. Ha, ha! Even the so called "ugly" ones. Each one has it's own charm.

Oh! This sounds like a great plan, actually. I've gotten all my "dreamies", and I'm still in my honeymoon phase so it'll be a while before I get bored of them yet. I'm focusing now on town planning, but once I've got it set up, I might start letting my villagers go and cycle in new ones as well, who knows?

Back