Dream Town 002: Hogwarts

Admiral Sven

Bells
Arcade Tokens
Yellow Candy
DREAM TOWN: Hogwarts
DREAM ADDRESS (WA): 6A00-0160-982A
DATE: 16-17 October 2019

Now… I’m going to… turn down the lights… One… sheep… two… sheep… three…
- Luna​

When I was asked to review this town, I immediately accepted with delight. I am a huge Harry Potter fan, and when I found out about this town, I decided to construct a review at once… *hums the HP theme tune to himself*

Anyway, as I warped into the dreamy world, I realised that this place was Hogwarts, down to the last detail. I really wouldn’t mind being a student resident in this town: this is HP life alright! And, of course, Harry and Ron crashed the Ford Anglia here. There’s even a custom design at the Whomping Willow town tree to commemorate this event.

So, I found the HP robes by the Whomping Willow and then put them on. Yet by the end of it I looked like one of the members of Moldovan band Zdob şi Zdub.

After that I equipped my new green glow wand and headed down to the road. The cobblestone paths look wonderful.

I took a right and went along to Kyle’s house. The symbol of the Deathly Hallows was outside his door. He’s apparently a Hufflepuff. His house is rather ragged; which is quite interesting considering his smug personality. K.K. Adventure is playing, rather apt considering that Hogwarts is an adventure in itself. Us Muggles have a REALLY boring life compared to these guys…

I stopped to chat to Peewee, a Ravenclaw, whose house was rather bland. Apart from the salt grinder (entertainment), he had little to do, except study. Study, study, study. It seemed quite good, therefore, that he had a bookshelf in the middle of the room. And he seems to like to play music: his djimbe drum seemed quite nice in the room. He’s not the only one who plays a musical instrument though: Kyle had a rather beautiful ebony piano.
Although the modern bed seemed rather out of place in this room (which had a cracked stone floor, possibly reflecting Hogwarts’ rooms), this was pretty clean. I would suggest he gets himself a little music though: it helps with studying.

I decided to see Mayor Hermione’s house. It was absolutely huge compared to the others. A nice little Gryffindor common room also added to the charm. A sports game was on the radio. In the next room it was filled with ice (the HHA should be proud). Ice wall, ice floor, ice table… and an orchestra. A harp, a violin, a cello and a double bass. That would make some nice sounds along with yet another piano.

In another room was the herbology class. It was nice, and quite clean. Although the mandrakes wouldn’t be too appreciated (unless you were Neville)… The next classroom… wasn’t a classroom. More a locker room – oh I get it. Transfiguration class. Admittedly, however, I wouldn’t exactly want to study here.

Upstairs was Madam Pomfrey’s room. Of course, the Golden Trio are always in the wars, and this is the perfect place for them to get better. This is actually a really beautifully-designed room. Yet once you are in the basement, the mood changes dramatically. This is the giant game of chess seen in Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. Yet chess is not my strong point, so I felt I’d better get out of there.

I went out and had a little chat with Muffy. She seems quite nice. Reminds me of Baabara. I also found that Viché was in her house. I think she’s a Welcome amiibo villager. I don’t use amiibo cards. She gave no clues as to what her house was.

A little further down and you come to the main character’s house. Harry was just outside. I popped into his house, and felt easily relaxed. The roaring log fire was also helping. It was really cosy, and the cabin series did lots to emphasise that feeling of security.

I can’t be a wizard.
- Harry​

Keeping on the ground floor I went left, into Madam Pince’s library. I often administrate in my local library and – goodness – this was one brilliant library. I doubt wizards use the Dewey system, but there were books everywhere. A fine or two will pop up though, I’m sure. Going into the north room, there was another library room; the same to the right… oh, maybe not. I can’t exactly make out what room this is – very majestic though. The Parthenon posts also give the impression of royalty and importance.

Moving on up to the top floor, we find the wonderful Honeydukes’ Sweet Shop. It was basically full to the brim of sweets. I shouldn’t stay long, but the basement was amazing. Simple yet effective: the Chamber of Secrets. Thank God you don’t enter via a sink, but there were statues lining the walls, imitating the snake statues. There’s also an ornament representing the Basilisk, and even Riddle’s diary. Fantastic.

Once over the bridge, I popped into Freya’s house. A Slytherin, she had Rockin’ K.K. playing. It brings to mind the traits of Slytherin: well-rounded and ambitious (in style this is quite obvious). She was pretty bold in fashion too: a posh wall and a kitschy clock don’t exactly go well together. Next I paid a quick trip to Molly’s house. She lives in my town, so she knew me pretty well. I couldn’t see what house she was: I expect she was a Hufflepuff. After that, I popped down south to Hagrid’s hut. Very cosy. Again, the full Cabin series was there. Even Fang’s got a little kennel near the back.

After walking on a little further down the path, I popped to see Annalise.

Oh? Who’s this now? Hey, you’re a new face. How odd that we should meet in a dream…
- Annalise​

Her house was definitely based around formality and the posh demeanour. One could comment on the music: K.K. Sonata definitely fits it. Yet doesn’t another piano provide the same effect?!

After a few slurps of a coffee I found lying around, I proceeded to see Cheri: a Ravenclaw. A pretty modern-orientated house, the orange and white colour combination was simply too dazzling for me, so I left.

This town has got a real HP vibe to it. It’s hard to pull off something like that in Animal Crossing, as it hasn’t got that many things you can use for a town specific to a theme, like this one. However Hogwarts has got around that by using your average items in a unique way, something I have never seen done so well before.

Harry’s rooms: First room- three broomsticks
Upstairs- Honey dukes
Back room- olivanders
Left room- book shop in second film
Right room- Gringotts bank room
Basement- Chamber of secrets room

Mayor’s rooms: Entrance- great hall
Upstairs- dumbledore’s office
Back room- Gryffindor common room
Left room - Ravenclaw common room
Right room- Hufflepuff common room
Basement- Slytherin common room

Ron’s rooms: First room - Weasley’s living room
Left room- Greenhouse class
Upstairs - hospital wing
Back room-Christmas ballroom
Right room- train station room
Basement- chess room

Mayor-Hermione Granger;bt17395 said:
Thanks! Did you like it?

Hi! Loved it thank you.

Just had a look at the rooms and I got most of them right.

Thank you very much. I'll review anyone's dream town if they want me to :)

Back