• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Dream Reviews REBOOTED

TOWN NAME: Starmie
DA: 4100-3389-3770
THEME: I don't really have a theme, it's modern considering all the building structures are that way, but that was mainly because the zen was overdone, and I didn't like the other themed choices.
HOUSE: I just have one house, so if you want to review it you can. It's not exactly themed in anyway either besides with just stuff I like lol
I haven't updated in two weeks though so there is one new addition to my town which is the bus stop left of the train station near the bridge. I won't be doing that until I find another pretty sky to save it on, but it's not that big of a difference from now.
Hopefully you'll like the town, but I like any critiques I get so I don't mind either way :D

Mine please?
It's 4700-4424-1745
Not really themed or anything.Just for those people who like a town that's all-natural.(Crazy,right?!*sarcasm*)

SUNEDRY

Path: Not finished. Has an outline which is good. Hot pink isn't a good color for a path.

PWP Placement: Not a lot of PWP's. PWP placement seems to be random. Flower clock is in an okay place.

Flowers: Random

Theme: Fairytale? Zen?

Villager Specialty: N/A

House: Not Requested

Final Thoughts: So many things buried. So many things on the ground. You need to cut trees, reorganize the path or choose a different one, and...so many things buried. So many things on the ground.

- - - Post Merge - - -

it's far from done, i need to finish planting flowers and bushes and trees, and i am far from having all my PWPs in. also there are three houses that dont have paths leading to them, those are the houses that shouldnt be in my town (random move ins: not dreamies)

but id LOVE some feedback on how it's looking so far, it's rainyy.

DA IS: 4400-3195-3455

also, not one of the rooms in my house are done. the only room that has even been worked on is the main room.

thorne

Path:Nice to see several patterns for a change. The water tiles looks hay-OK and so does the brown brick path which has a lovely border.

PWP Placement: Flower Clock is in a strange place. It's not really focused on either. Bell gong is in a really nice place. Campsite looks nice and I see you're still growing trees. I love zen towns that are set on rainy nights. You're cafe is in a really nice spot! I had a town map like ours but I put my house on the peninsula. You chose not to hide the Resetti center unlike other people. I like that instead of pushing it under the rug, you instead decorated the surrounding areas.

Flower Placement: More isn't always better. Seems a bit clustered. I like the variety of colors though. I love black,red,orange roses together.

Theme: Well, I assumed zen until I saw the town hall. I've never seen a zen/fairytale town pulled off and I don't really know if that's what you where aiming for in the first place. Also, a modern police station? I feel zen would've been better but who knows? You are, of course, stuck with it!

House: Didn't know which to visit.

Final Thoughts: I was walking and then I hear "FWOOP!" and I had a mini heartattack. Then I see avry and her anime eyes exiting from behind a tree while promoting her tumblr and opening an umbrella.

I would like a review of my town please. Thank you :)

TOWN NAME: Pandi
DA: 5600-4490-6423
THEME: No theme at all.
HOUSE: Yes

Quick little thing, my town is actually currently under construction but I am looking for people who would be willing to take a look at my dream town and give me suggestions and criticism to see how i can make it into my perfect dream town, as long as you don't mind that can you take a look at mine as well? Thank you! :)

TOWN NAME: Lily
DA: 5600-3936-0203
THEME: None
HOUSE: Mayor's house please, on the right under the river.

TOWN NAME: Luna
DA: 6700-4371-3288
THEME: Forest/Cute
HOUSE: I honestly dont mind its up to you!

omg please ignore the modern police station at the time i wasn't going to have a forest theme

Last edited:
thank you so much for reviewing! :) the town hall fairy tale thing was actually a 4am mistake. xwx i was tired and accidentally chose the wrong option, go figure. and i'm annoyed with the modern police station and am still hitting myself in the head for implementing that version.

but thank you very much for the review, i really appreciate it :)

thank you so much for reviewing! :) the town hall fairy tale thing was actually a 4am mistake. xwx i was tired and accidentally chose the wrong option, go figure. and i'm annoyed with the modern police station and am still hitting myself in the head for implementing that version.

but thank you very much for the review, i really appreciate it :)

I think you can change the town hall design though? I've never done it personally but I have fairytale now and the different town halls still come up in the list of PWPs. It's worth a try I guess.

i can still change it, i just want to use my money on other things first because it doesn't look horrid or anything. :) i have other, more important pwps to implement first!

SUNEDRY

Path: Not finished. Has an outline which is good. Hot pink isn't a good color for a path.

PWP Placement: Not a lot of PWP's. PWP placement seems to be random. Flower clock is in an okay place.

Final Thoughts: So many things buried. So many things on the ground. You need to cut trees, reorganize the path or choose a different one, and...so many things buried. So many things on the ground.

Yep X3
Oh btw
If you talk to Pinki
That's actually my character
My character should never
ever
come across Pinki

SUNEDRY

Dat final thought do X3
But seriously,thanks for reviewing my town.I've been aware of how much stuff I had on the ground,but never really took it into mind until now...XD

I don't know if you'll like mine much. I have a feeling that it might be a bit too mismatched/disorganised for your taste.

I'm still very curious to hear what you think of my town though. I think the constructive criticism will give me some new things to work on.

The house I'd like you to look at is Elise's.

edit:
TOWN NAME: Starland
DA: (EVEN IF IT'S IN YOUR SIG) 7200-2888-7985
THEME: Fairytale/cute
HOUSE: (IF YOU WANT IT REVIEWED AND WHOSE HOUSE) Elise

STARLAND​

PATH: I really like your path. When I woke up, it looked really nice. I love how the the boards surrounding the tree are in the shade. It adds real depth to your town and really, it's a nice place to sit down. The stairs leading down to the path also gives you town a sense of depth again. Your paths lead up to your PWP's, villagers houses, and your own house.

PWP PLACEMENT: Having a "foresty" like feel and leading up to a wooden police station is really nice. Also, perfect placement of the Resetti station. Your path flows nicely with all of the PWP's. I like the special attention also given to each one. Your clock, you statues, etc. I can see you like symmetry, I can spit it almost everywhere. Again, perfect placement of fountains. Your campsite is a little strange though. With a town full of trees, you put it in an open area. Really nice detail added to the surroundings of the flower clock. The picnic area looks lovely with pink and white carnations.Illuminated heart between two trees and surrounded by flowers is ten outta ten.

FLOWER PLACEMENT: Love the red and white tulips. I like how the flowers are set on the path but not put absolutely everywhere. Also, not a set color to the entire town. The flowers reflect what they are surrounding. Kinda weird having bamboo

THEME: Not really a fairytale town but I don't think it should be. It's really nice being just the way it is and I don't think you should really follow any theme! What your doing now is great.

HOUSE: Leading up to it, it's pretty grand. Inside, I see the princess set including the throne and a mannequin. A nice touch. Seems weird to have the lucky cat, though. I like the Halloween room and how the mannequins also reflect the holidays. To the right, adding a wedding cake was really spot on and I too love the phonograph inside a rococo theme. I've always been a fan of the gorgeous set and Phoebe's pic is perfect, really reflects her personality and colors. Love the violin and safe there too. Downstairs is creepy like my basement. I like it! I like the upstairs the most probably. The bears matching the furniture is wonderful.

FINAL THOUGHTS: I like the amount of trees you have. Setting the town to dusk was a smart move. One of the best towns I've ever seen.

MYTHIC​

PATH​

Your path should look good and be able to intertwine with PWPs and houses as well as stay in touch with the current season.

I love stone, dark paths. And look! You have a border on them! Just by seeing them, I know this is gonna be an amazing town! You really show your paths are connected!

PWP PLACEMENT​

PWPs should intertwine with paths as well as be able to look good with the surroundings.

I love all your PWP placement, especially the little campsite! Only the flower clock seems out of place. Also, why is your bridge fairytale? I thought you went more modern/forest? Any complaints about anything else are just nitpicks! I love you town.

FLOWER PLACEMENT​

Flowers should be able to show the characteristics of your town without being gaudy and shoved into the light.

Flower placement is hay-OK! I love the colors. Red and Blue...Purple and White...lovely. I usually have a problem with towns covered head to toe but your layout seems to create more space. I love your bush placement too... Honestly jealous I can't do the same with my town.

THEME

Themes should represent your town and can be fused together to make something great or focused on one thing to bring the true essence of what is present.

Modern/Forest? I have Modern/Forest in my town too! Just yours looks twenty times better than mine! I love the little forest area...You are a true visionary.

VILLAGER SPECIALTY​

Villagers can be used to convey the theme further or can have house placements beyond comprehension.
N/A

HOUSE​
Didn't request.

FINAL THOUGHTS:​
Wow! I love when people provide tools or clothes!
Your town is officially the BEST I've EVER seen.
I'm recommending this town to anyone!
I'd gush more but dang, this is awesome!

View attachment 71625
View attachment 71626
View attachment 71627

Thank you very much for the kind words! I'm really glad you enjoyed my town. It's nice to hear after all the months of hard work and listening to my friends give me crap about the time I put into that "dumb game" hahahaha. If you ever visit again make sure to check out the houses :)

Thanks again for the review :D

I'd love if you'd dream of arcadia! My da is in my profile c:
Edit:
TOWN NAME: arcadia
DA: 6700-3594-9438
THEME: cute
HOUSE: pls review Emmy and Aaron's house c:

Also review/suggest villagers?

ARCADIA​

PATH: Interesting path. It does lead up to everything fittingly. Some parts of the path do not have a border which I find odd...

PWP PLACEMENT: Strange having a wind turbine. Doesn't seem necessary. I like the weather instruments placement and the surroundings. Again, the bench looks great being complimented with the surroundings. Eh, clock is in an okay placement. I like the lamp post choice. I like the wooden police station but weird placement. Fountain is lovely. Why solar panels? Campsite is in an okay spot.

FLOWER PLACEMENT: Lovely flower color choice. Reaches theme and weather. However, some parts of your town seem to be off. Next to the police station, it's different but I'm sure you are gonna fix it. Bamboo? Why? Flowers on beach aren't finished it seems?

THEME: Your town is cute! All your villagers were inside your house unfortunately.

VILLAGERS: Lobo I wouldn't say cute but more cool. Mott is cute to me but Marshal takes the cake. I don't like mice villagers to be honest, heh.

HOUSE:
AARON- I really like the interior at the beginning. Looks unique, beautiful, just like an office. It's really awesome you went with this doctor office type deal. Amazing. I love it. I'd say more but I can't! I just...LOVE it. Although the theme kinda change when I went upstairs. ..wait is this a meth lab. OH GOD. (10/10 house) Weird exterior though and no attention really paid to it.
EMMY- A very nice place to put a house and the surrounding flowers compliment the exterior of the house. When I entered, it's obvious I cannot enter two of the rooms. Also, the room I'm greeted with doesn't look that nice. It's a mix but mixes can be done well. This one is okay but not great. Nice kitchen but yuck green. Doesn't go well with the wallpaper or floor. Upstairs is also just okay. I love mixes and I am planning on making my own house a mix house instead of set after set and I admire you trying. And I assume the basement is not to be graded.

FINAL THOUGHTS: Great idea to put the town in winter and the also match the flowers to the season. I also like that you provided the dreamer with items to play with but I'm not really sure why a tacky sweater is winter.

STARLAND​

PATH: I really like your path. When I woke up, it looked really nice. I love how the the boards surrounding the tree are in the shade. It adds real depth to your town and really, it's a nice place to sit down. The stairs leading down to the path also gives you town a sense of depth again. Your paths lead up to your PWP's, villagers houses, and your own house.

PWP PLACEMENT: Having a "foresty" like feel and leading up to a wooden police station is really nice. Also, perfect placement of the Resetti station. Your path flows nicely with all of the PWP's. I like the special attention also given to each one. Your clock, you statues, etc. I can see you like symmetry, I can spit it almost everywhere. Again, perfect placement of fountains. Your campsite is a little strange though. With a town full of trees, you put it in an open area. Really nice detail added to the surroundings of the flower clock. The picnic area looks lovely with pink and white carnations.Illuminated heart between two trees and surrounded by flowers is ten outta ten.

FLOWER PLACEMENT: Love the red and white tulips. I like how the flowers are set on the path but not put absolutely everywhere. Also, not a set color to the entire town. The flowers reflect what they are surrounding. Kinda weird having bamboo

THEME: Not really a fairytale town but I don't think it should be. It's really nice being just the way it is and I don't think you should really follow any theme! What your doing now is great.

HOUSE: Leading up to it, it's pretty grand. Inside, I see the princess set including the throne and a mannequin. A nice touch. Seems weird to have the lucky cat, though. I like the Halloween room and how the mannequins also reflect the holidays. To the right, adding a wedding cake was really spot on and I too love the phonograph inside a rococo theme. I've always been a fan of the gorgeous set and Phoebe's pic is perfect, really reflects her personality and colors. Love the violin and safe there too. Downstairs is creepy like my basement. I like it! I like the upstairs the most probably. The bears matching the furniture is wonderful.

FINAL THOUGHTS: I like the amount of trees you have. Setting the town to dusk was a smart move. One of the best towns I've ever seen.

Thanks for the review! I'm amazed at how positive it is! The thing is with my town that not that much careful planning went into it, I kind of just went with the flow of things. I occasionally get a bit of town envy when I see ones that have everything matching, an obvious theme/colour scheme and you can tell a lot of work went into planning it but I like mine because it is really personal and reflects my journey in this game. I'm really glad you appreciate it for what it is.

Yeah, I guess I don't have that much of a theme. I say fairytale because I have mostly fairytale PWPs :p

NECTERE​

PATH

Your path should look good and be able to intertwine with PWPs and houses as well as stay in touch with the current season.

Path? Dark and gloomy...same with the sky...which I hope is what you were looking for cause it looks great! Never seen anything like it. I am, however, against the use of flower, water, bush patterns mainly because if I step on them, it feels...weird. I do like stairs though.

PWP PLACEMENT

PWPs should intertwine with paths as well as be able to look good with the surroundings.

Moving on to PWPs, you said they are all finished! Excellent...kinda. The flower clock is in an odd place...not on a peninsula or anything but that's okay. I love how the bell is connected to the path in a very pretty way and I do love the zen combination. Few can full of zen to be original so I'm glad you included other themes.
FLOWER PLACEMENT

Flowers should be able to show the characteristics of your town without being gaudy and shoved into the light.

Truth? Ehhh....why is it so dark and gloomy but your flowers are bright and all over the place?

THEME

Themes should represent your town and can be fused together to make something great or focused on one thing to bring the true essence of what is present.

You said modern was north and east was natural but east is also modern. Other than that, my favorite part would be your zen area.

VILLAGER SPECIALTY

N/A

HOUSE
Walking up to your house felt like I was entering a king's castle! And inside? EVEN BETTER. I must say you have one of the best houses I have EVER seen, inside and outside! It makes me sad that my house is the normal "set in here...set in here..." while yours just thrives with creativity. My favorite part? Hard to choose between the bath and the cafe...The only thing I didn't really like was the basement.

FINAL THOUGHTS:
What a lovely town and house.
Favorite part? Illuminated area in front of train station. BEAUTIFUL.

View attachment 71628
View attachment 71629
View attachment 71630
Thanks for the review! I was planning to update my town when there was a sunset so the flowers blend in more. Which flower clock where you talking about? The one behind the town tree or the one in front of town hall? I'm glad you enjoyed my house. :)

TOWN NAME: Starmie
DA: 4100-3389-3770
THEME: I don't really have a theme, it's modern considering all the building structures are that way, but that was mainly because the zen was overdone, and I didn't like the other themed choices.
HOUSE: I just have one house, so if you want to review it you can. It's not exactly themed in anyway either besides with just stuff I like lol
I haven't updated in two weeks though so there is one new addition to my town which is the bus stop left of the train station near the bridge. I won't be doing that until I find another pretty sky to save it on, but it's not that big of a difference from now.
Hopefully you'll like the town, but I like any critiques I get so I don't mind either way :D

STARMIE

PATH: Really cute gingerbreadish path. Nice, pretty borders.

PWP PLACEMENT: Illuminated heart is a bit strange. Nice place to but a bench next to a birdbath and re-tail. Not sure why the zen garden but unique idea with the seashells. Flower clock looks nice too. Weather instrument is in a weird place. I think you could use more flower arches because they go well with the path. Hot spring isn't really in a good place. I like the bell and the outdoor chairs next to the fountain. Wisteria is in a weird place because no one would really see it unless there was a path leading to it. Maybe make the path up to it and remove the mushrooms? Other bench is kinda...not really surrounded by anything. Wind turbine is also in a weird spot.

FLOWER PLACEMENT: Not too many flowers in the beginning but then I get overwhelmed with them... Also, bamboo is weird being in this town since it's not really zen.

THEME: Not really modern! I'd say "cute" theme instead.

HOUSE: Nice, modernish outside. Inside, the kotatsu with the gorgeous set really shines. I like how it seems visitors are offered food. Although, it's a bit dark. The right room is sad! :( The snowmen are melting D:! The remaining ground level room shows you have A LOT of friends. Upstairs...not really sure what's happening... In the basement, the teddy bears don't really go well with princess unless you change the colors.

FINAL THOUGHTS: I love the cherry orchid. Seemed disorganized. I don't think your town is finished to be honest.

Hey there. My dream address is 4500-2112-7830. Go ahead and take a visit if you'd like.
I will warn you though, it's a work in progress, and only some areas are complete (though I may add more to them) such as the Re-Tail area and by the police station. Those places are missing some flowers, because i haven't gotten them yet. It's kind of messy in some places, because like I said, it's a WIP. Thanks. :3

edit: I forgot to mention that I will add paths/ground designs, when it's finished.

extra edit: lol, I totally didn't see the form. That goes to show how unobservant I am. :3

TOWN NAME: Avalon (the name of King Arthur's medieval island)
DA: 4500-2112-7830
THEME: nothing, really. maybe modern.
HOUSE: E

I will say that I don't expect my town to be anywhere near the other towns posted. So, give me harsh criticism if you want. I don't care. :3

I will also say again that my town is NOT COMPLETE. There is stuff lying on the ground in some spots, random flowers, etc. etc. The shells around the town tree are meant to be there, though.

Also, I've started using random flowers of the same color, for example in an area of red roses/carnations, I took them away and randomly scattered every type of red flower.

Last edited:
STARMIE

PATH: Really cute gingerbreadish path. Nice, pretty borders.

PWP PLACEMENT: Illuminated heart is a bit strange. Nice place to but a bench next to a birdbath and re-tail. Not sure why the zen garden but unique idea with the seashells. Flower clock looks nice too. Weather instrument is in a weird place. I think you could use more flower arches because they go well with the path. Hot spring isn't really in a good place. I like the bell and the outdoor chairs next to the fountain. Wisteria is in a weird place because no one would really see it unless there was a path leading to it. Maybe make the path up to it and remove the mushrooms? Other bench is kinda...not really surrounded by anything. Wind turbine is also in a weird spot.

FLOWER PLACEMENT: Not too many flowers in the beginning but then I get overwhelmed with them... Also, bamboo is weird being in this town since it's not really zen.

THEME: Not really modern! I'd say "cute" theme instead.

HOUSE: Nice, modernish outside. Inside, the kotatsu with the gorgeous set really shines. I like how it seems visitors are offered food. Although, it's a bit dark. The right room is sad! :( The snowmen are melting D:! The remaining ground level room shows you have A LOT of friends. Upstairs...not really sure what's happening... In the basement, the teddy bears don't really go well with princess unless you change the colors.

FINAL THOUGHTS: I love the cherry orchid. Seemed disorganized. I don't think your town is finished to be honest.

I've never heard anyone say it's disorganized before but I'll try and fix that to make the town flow a bit more. Now I just need to do lots for island bug hunts to get the bells! It's definitely never finished and is always changing, so don't worry about that.
Most of the PWPs are kinda there for mainly plot reset control so that villagers wouldn't move into those areas. I always want to integrate the really cute PWPs but it never seems to fit and so that's what I came up with for my town lol. I removed the turbine the other day actually so hopefully it'll look less weird and even chopped down the bamboo since I didn't like it anymore.
Haha, the flowers are part of my "Hybrid Way", it's alot nicer without Hamlet in the way, which he is now. You can probably tell I'm a flower breeder lol :D
I don't touch the house since it's for display purposes only, but I'll try and put the snowmen somewhere haha "safe".
Thank you for the review though :)

NEW~LEAF

PATH​
Your path is...okay. To be honest, it's overshadowed by the amount of flowers, especially seeing as your comparing gray with tons of bright colors.

PWP PLACEMENT​
Judging by the modern police station and illuminated clock, you've gone for a more modern town. The illuminated clock is center with the town station which is always great. Your town hall remains without a specific theme though which is fine if you don't like zen, modern, or fairytale to express your town. Perfect placement with the picnic I must say, no grass bring shown is tops. I envy the design and placement of your campsite! Surrounding it by trees is great and gives off the camping feel. Again, like other towns, you placed a zen garden. Why? Your town isn't zen or forest! In front of Phoenix's house, seems to be under construction so I steered clear from there. I see a flower clock! Flower clocks give off the true PERFECT TOWN status! I love seeing them in good places like yours. Now...I've encountered bamboo. Why? The geyser is kind've random to be honest. I would've put it in a better place or changed the surroundings to accommodate the geyser. The manhole cover was put in an okay place. Usually if I see it, it's just somewhere in the distance not really given much detail but you've added a nice little path around it. Only problem with that is if you change the path or go for a natural path, you'll have to deal with it clashing. Cafe doesn't seem to have a path to it...

FLOWER PLACEMENT​

To be honest? I hate it. I've seen it in several towns, however. The mixture of random flowers mushed together and showing little grass it maddening. I can see you went for pansies here and roses here but really...do you need ALL these flowers?

THEME​
Your town is a mixture it seems. I'd say it leans towards modern more than anything but the amount of flowers...I'm not so sure. Mixed themes can be done! Just...not...like...this.

VILLAGER SPECIALTY
Villagers can be used to convey the theme further or can have house placements beyond comprehension.
N/A

HOUSE
Didn't request.

Too many flowers. Interesting concept of characters. I like the whole "west,south,east" thing going on. Wish Phoenix was north, though.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Actually, I already reviewed your town in a previous thread, heh.

- - - Post Merge - - -

KEY~WEST

PATH​
N/A

PWP PLACEMENT​

Campsite is in a bad space. Many PWP's look randomly thrown out to be honest. You have a modern and a brick bridge too... I like the post lamps leading to the cafe.

FLOWER PLACEMENT​

random.

THEME

Don't know what the theme is.

VILLAGER SPECIALTY​
N/A

HOUSE​
Didn't request.

Not a lot of grab in this town. Your house has a nice color scheme. Love the bush thing your doing though. You also have things lying on the ground. But I give you ten points for having the lovely tiger, Claudia. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

HYRULE​

PATH​

I love paths like yours. I just love stone in dark colors! However, you need a path with an outside border. I also recommend not covering the plaza stones. Your paths are a little unorganized as well with connecting PWP's.

PWP PLACEMENT​

I'm going to assume your not halfway done with your town. Behind the townhall you have PWP's but they aren't connected to the path. You campsite is in an okay spot but it doesn't look appealing.

FLOWER PLACEMENT​

Random flowers together don't look good. Try to organize them.

THEME

Are you zen? It's hard to tell! Try getting the train station upgrade or zen bridges. You just need more zen PWPs. (IF YOU'RE ZEN)

VILLAGER SPECIALTY​
N/A
HOUSE​
Didn't request.

Let's be honest here...there are over a million towns named Hyrule. Town needs more organization with PWP's, flowers, and path. Your town is in construction I see...

Thanks for the review, I may ask for a re-review once I am developed 100%

TOWN NAME: Phantom
DA: 6800-2282-4553
THEME: Misc.
HOUSE: Boo's house

I hope I've filled this out right, thank you for doing this!

:)

Back