• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Don't do what I did.

Ras

Bells
Winter Mittens
I stupidly invited Ed in from the campsite this morning, so I've been trying to get Erik to move all day to override him. Doesn't work. So, Erik's in boxes and he won't even bring up moving to my town. Luckily, I have a third town I can move him into, but this is very annoying.

Of course, I have to lose one of those animals to make room.

Lost Cookie. Now I guess I'll see if I can pick her up in Erik's old town via wifi void pickup.

Last edited:
What....are you trying to explain???? O.O

You invited Ed to move into your town...Erik is in boxes from which town? o_O And now you lost Cookie?? *CONFUSED*

In Mirage, I agreed to take in Ed. Decided I didn't want him. In Pangola, I TT'd to get Erik to move, and he agreed. Got him into boxes. Mayor of Mirage went to talk to him, and he wouldn't bring up moving. I'm locked in with Ed. So, I had to void Cookie to make room for Erik in my third town. He agreed to come. Now I'm just a little concerned because I went back to the present in my third town and see no plot. It'll serve me right.

Okay, Erik is safe in Alpine. Now, I send the mayor from his old town to Alpine to try to save Cookie from the void. Of course, I have no idea when she'll show up and how many days I'll have to check for plots.

Ahh, but I think I know a trick for that. If I set the 3DS clock about a month ahead and go in as a secondary character, any plot that's coming should be there. At least I'll know if I'm going to save Cookie.

The takeaway here is that I thought you could override a camper move-in if you asked someone afterward. Nope. Once you ask and they agree, you're getting them. So, don't make the mistake I did.

Last edited:
O.O you have so many towns and this make everything very confused....lolx

Sometimes I'm confused which 3DS I'm holding. I have to take a step back and make sure so I don't mess anything up. Tonight's adventure would have been just fine if you could override a camper move-in. Now I hope we all know you can't and don't try something foolish like this. I'd have kept Erik in Pangola until I had another opening in Mirage had I known. As it is, at least I still have him. :)

omfg i m so confused by reading your guys' posts.... I'm even more confused now....

Why do you have three towns -_-

I was afraid someone would ask. Ok, I had my original 3DS from the day it came out, and that's what I played New Leaf on for the longest time. I always wanted an XL, so I got one when they offered a Zelda version. I decided I'd like to have a second town to a) farm cool animals to bring over to my original town; b) streetpass with myself. It turns out that once I started developing the second town, it became better than my first (because of the experience I gained in creating a town the first time, I suppose). I'm really not sure why I got the third town, but I quickly found out that it is just about impossible to run three towns. The time you have to devote is just insane. So, that really is just an animal farm. I'll eventually give people some cool animals from that town, unless they get promoted to my real towns. In the meantime, I'm super glad I had the backup option to store Erik in until I'm back to nine in Mirage (my second town).

Haha, I'm sure that paragraph is only adding to the confusion. I feel like I can write in a clear and concise manner, but maybe my reluctance to even admit I have a third town is getting in the way. :)

Hey, thanks.

To the others, you have to understand my mindset at the time this happened. You walk up to the animal you smugly think you're moving from one of your towns to your other town in order to override a bad camper invite in that second town, and he won't bring up moving. :( If I only had two towns, I'd be very sad watching Erik sail into the void (or I'd be having an emergency Erik giveaway). :( :(

Stupid old Ed is still in the igloo, too. I really would have thought I could have overridden him since he hasn't even headed back to his town to pack. Don't worry, though. I won't treat Ed poorly just because I'm a maroon.

Last edited:
I've been confused from the beginning. But since you're maroon it all makes perfect sense. I feel your pain.

Let me lay it out this way. The only things you need to know in advance is that I took Erik in to Pangola from the campsite in order to eventually bring him over to Mirage so he could be best pals with Fauna. Oh, and my towns are called Pangola, Mirage and Alpine. Ok:

1. Monday night, Harry moves from Mirage, taking me down to 9.

2. Tuesday morning, there's an igloo in Mirage with Ed in it. I don't plan to TT in Pangola to try to get Erik to move, so I ask Ed to move in. Figure I could use him to get the smug PWPs.

3. Tuesday proper, I regret asking Ed in. I decide I will TT in Pangola to get Erik to move. He promptly asks and I let him. I TT him into boxes.

4. Mirage mayor goes to Pangola to pick up Erik, but Erik will not talk about moving. At all. I realize then that camper move-ins are set in stone.

5. I emergency cycle for a mover in Alpine, since Alpine is at 10, and poor Cookie is the one who gets the stick. TT her out.

6. Alpine mayor goes to Pangola and picks up Erik.

7. Pangola mayor visits Alpine in order to try to snatch Cookie from the void, but it doesn't look like that worked.

If that's not clear, I'mma give up. I will bold the important information to take from this thread:

If you ask a camper to move in, and he accepts, you have no choice but to take him. Asking another animal to move in in his place will not work.

I've seen it said that if you ask two animals to move in, the second request will override the first. Maybe that's true. But, if someone agreed to move in from the campsite, the second animal won't even give you the option.

Last edited:
OHH I GOT IT!! I see...no there will never happen to have one villager clashing with another villager move in, so if I had one I can't get another move in on the same time to override it~ yepp get it~ Well you bold sentences basically explain everything~ lolx~ Is like a really good summary after reading a whole long story xD And it kinda cool you have few DS to run around but playing 3 DS? I guess 2 will already make me busy enough... although still considering to get a second one...

I'd tell anyone to really think before getting a third. It's nuts. In fact, I'd really caution them not to do it. I'm only keeping it around because it's got some popular villagers and I will eventually give them away and then probably nuke the town.

I do enjoy having two villages that I pay equal attention to, but even that takes up more time than I'd like it to. I end up neglecting my original town some of the time. It makes me sad when the animals say I have a reputation for being an individual. That really just means you don't talk to them enough. I had repaired some bridges before my little TTing adventure tonight.

Last edited:
I have multiple towns, on separate consoles, and same as Ras, there are reasons why it has ended up this way
- I keep a written diary (including the time I save) to help keep confusion at bay - the consoles are different colours plus I have a colour related sticker on each case (same black case for all of them).
It does slow playing down if you play more than one town fully - I freeze time (ie change the console clock back) so that I can play every ingame day in each game.
There are no ingame penalties for doing this (the game just thinks I play every day).

Its slow but I enjoy playing and yes you can play around with villagers etc just as Ras is doing.
RL means I can't easily commit to a particular time to wifi with other people, so DS to DS between my towns when I can grab a bit of time is easier.

Has the camper villager moved in?
I'm waiting for Tia from the campsite to move in after saying yes to her - and she hasn't appeared & its 3 days after saying yes.
I think I have streetpassed since then - and I'm not sure whether that can overide a yes to a camper moving in - will have to see, yes confusing.
And I agree, think carefully before taking on more than two towns, it would be a burden to maintain 3 in real time, not particularly enjoyable (hence my freezing time).

I cannot brain. :p

But seriously, it's really cool that you have three towns. I've been debating getting a second one for the longest time - mainly to use it for cycling and then maybe eventually have it as a proper 2nd town (there are too many villagers that I want). Sorry to go off-topic. :)

Back