• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Does anyone have Katrina visiting?

ATheBuoy42

Refined Trash
Bells
Switch
6894-7222-7700
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Feedback
100% (237) +
Hi! If anyone had Katrina visiting their town, may I please visit her?

I don't have her visiting, but I do have her shop, would that help you?
That might work! I'm trying to get her shop and need to visit her about 17 times, I assume visiting her shop counts?
I'm going to be at work for another 7-8hrs though. :(

@Athelwyn No, sorry, I'm pretty sure the way Katrina works is that you have to visit her in your own town. Visits in other towns don't count toward getting her shop. But multiple characters in your own town counts toward the total, I think. The shop needs 20 visits from residents of the town where the shop will be built, in her tent set up in the town where the shop will be built. That's my understanding of how it works.

@Athelwyn No, sorry, I'm pretty sure the way Katrina works is that you have to visit her in your own town. Visits in other towns don't count toward getting her shop. But multiple characters in your own town counts toward the total, I think. The shop needs 20 visits from residents of the town where the shop will be built, in her tent set up in the town where the shop will be built. That's my understanding of how it works.
Ohhh I see... That's a shame. :(

If you have only one character, then it will only take twenty weeks, which is just five months, not too terribly long. And if you have two characters, it's only two and a half months. Three characters gets it done in only seven weeks. And four in only five. Assuming Katrina shows up every week, might have some weeks where she doesn't in there. If you don't already have four player characters, and you're in a hurry for Katrina's shop, you might consider at least temporarily creating more characters.

In the meantime, if you just want to avoid dealing with tripping and other bad luck stuff, you can wear a celebration hat to counteract any bad luck. I can give you one if you'd like.

If you have only one character, then it will only take twenty weeks, which is just five months, not too terribly long. And if you have two characters, it's only two and a half months. Three characters gets it done in only seven weeks. And four in only five. Assuming Katrina shows up every week, might have some weeks where she doesn't in there. If you don't already have four player characters, and you're in a hurry for Katrina's shop, you might consider at least temporarily creating more characters.

In the meantime, if you just want to avoid dealing with tripping and other bad luck stuff, you can wear a celebration hat to counteract any bad luck. I can give you one if you'd like.
That's alright, thank you though ^-^ I'm just trying to get her on main street. It's really confusing, I keep seeing people say it both ways! I'll just get her when it happens.

@ATheBuoy42 I have two towns, and while it's been a few years since I got the shop in my second one when I knew what was going on, I feel like I remember specifically experimenting to test whether visiting Katrina's tent in other towns would unlock the shop sooner, but as I recall, it didn't, and it happened according to how many times I visited her tent in my own town with my own player characters, and not visitors visiting her tent in my town, either. Also, I think the mayor has to talk to her again after the twentieth visit, so she can suggest the shop to them, so if you have multiple characters, send in your mayor after you think you might have hit twenty visits, just in case, so you don't have to wait an extra week, or miss it altogether if you weren't sending your mayor to see her at all.

My theory is that the idea is that Katrina is supposed to be gauging whether there are enough locals in the town interested in her services to justify her setting up shop there. So, only visits from locals, in their own town, count toward the shop. That's what I think the reason is behind doing it that way, anyway. ^o^;>

@ATheBuoy42 I have two towns, and while it's been a few years since I got the shop in my second one when I knew what was going on, I feel like I remember specifically experimenting to test whether visiting Katrina's tent in other towns would unlock the shop sooner, but as I recall, it didn't, and it happened according to how many times I visited her tent in my own town with my own player characters, and not visitors visiting her tent in my town, either. Also, I think the mayor has to talk to her again after the twentieth visit, so she can suggest the shop to them, so if you have multiple characters, send in your mayor after you think you might have hit twenty visits, just in case, so you don't have to wait an extra week, or miss it altogether if you weren't sending your mayor to see her at all.

My theory is that the idea is that Katrina is supposed to be gauging whether there are enough locals in the town interested in her services to justify her setting up shop there. So, only visits from locals, in their own town, count toward the shop. That's what I think the reason is behind doing it that way, anyway. ^o^;>
Now that you mention it like that, I think I vaaaaguely remember doing that years back when I first learned that you could get her on main street. I think I remade a character over and over again in one day so I could get her rofl

I think I remade a character over and over again in one day so I could get her
That's clever! I wouldn't have thought of doing that. If it works, then, yeah, that's not a bad option at all, if you don't mind creating and deleting a bunch of characters. XD

Back