Does anyone have any Club Tortimer horror stories?

I've never been there. I am a solitary player and have always preferred that form of game-playing when it comes to ACNL. I occasionally will visit my daughters town or we might take a trip to the island if we are collecting medals. But 98% of my game-playing is solitary.

One time, I spent over 100K listening to Kappn' sing for 2 days straight trying to find that elusive Silver Axe and never found one... Does that count as horrifying?

Btw, I'm good on axes now thanks to the members here <3

I go to club tortimer to do tours with others, because I find doing tours alone boring, but I hardly ever get lucky enough to find a group of people willing to tour with me. I initially wore the gas mask on the island, because it's one of my favorite accessories, but people kept asking if I hacked and kept begging me for golden tools. I told one beggar to just play the game more, and she got mad at me for not giving her golden tools. I don't hack! I don't have the power to do that!

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh, also, I went on an international tour once and started talking to this girl, who said "no english, speak french". It would have intimidated me normally, but I know enough french to say the most basic of things because my high school made me take french for two years! I said "je parle un peu de francais, c'est difficile pour moui", which is a pretty rough way of saying "i speak a little bit of french, its hard for me." That's basically the only knowledge I retain from french class, along with a couple of basic directional phrases and some verb rules.

Last edited:
Club Tortimer

To anyone worried about visiting club tortimer, the update improved the experience a lot. My main problem with visiting the island before the update was that people could pick a tour to go on, never sit down, and hold you hostage on the island. That happened to me numerous times. The update fixed this by adding a go home button that appears when you're in the shack. You can put all of your stuff in the basket then immediately go home. It's fast enough that most people won't have time to flick their wifi switch before you're already gone, and it closes anything other players are looking at to ensure you're able to leave when you want to.

That?s a wise thing. Though there are the little tickytales I meet on Club Tortimer, only one tickytale trapped me on the island (this is before the update was released). On 2016, I met this guy named Rick. When i greeted him, he sounded a bit sad because ?nobody liked him.? A few moments later, he asked for my age. I replied with my age at the time (I wish I took that back). He then called me ?dumb? and used the tour hostage trick. Once he did this, he said that he was Saddam Hussein. After begging, he finally gave up on the trick and told me to leave. However, when I told him that I?ll block him first, he used that trick again. He told me to error out, so I did.

There was a cockroach in CT island, the roach that speaks human language.
He said he's a roach and can't live with human but lonely as well.
I asked him if he wants to go tour with me then he said he didn't want to. So I told him then I'd catch you with my net and carry him with me to my town and chased after him with my net.
I was unable to catch him in my inventory, which was sad. But he looked having fun during the chase so it should be okay.
...Does this count as horror...?

When your about to catch a shark.

'Looks like someone is arriving'

screen fades to back.

saving.

resumes game.

Shark is gone :(

Nothing particularly bad, just lots of the usual money beggars.

There was this one time I entered the island and some person just started swearing at me the whole time.
No idea as to why.

I go to club tortimer to do tours with others, because I find doing tours alone boring, but I hardly ever get lucky enough to find a group of people willing to tour with me. I initially wore the gas mask on the island, because it's one of my favorite accessories, but people kept asking if I hacked and kept begging me for golden tools. I told one beggar to just play the game more, and she got mad at me for not giving her golden tools. I don't hack! I don't have the power to do that!

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh, also, I went on an international tour once and started talking to this girl, who said "no english, speak french". It would have intimidated me normally, but I know enough french to say the most basic of things because my high school made me take french for two years! I said "je parle un peu de francais, c'est difficile pour moui", which is a pretty rough way of saying "i speak a little bit of french, its hard for me." That's basically the only knowledge I retain from french class, along with a couple of basic directional phrases and some verb rules.

Maybe she meant "I don't know English. I just speak French" When I'm going to North America island, I witness some funny scenes between French and English speakers, lot of misunderstandings haha!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not really horror stories...but some rude people yes. Once a girl yelled at me in German that I looked (my character) like a prostitute.
I was not wearing anything special though :confused:. And another time some guy character kept humping mine saying 18+ stuff, I didn't know what to think about it, "so you are in that kind of stuff uh?"

- - - Post Merge - - -

The weirdness I think, was a Japanese girl saying numbers behind a tree, not counting, just saying random numbers.

Nothing particularly bad, just lots of the usual money beggars.

There was this one time I entered the island and some person just started swearing at me the whole time.
No idea as to why.

relatable af. 7 yr olds begging for money, when they're legit on an island full of bugs and sharks.

People hacking around and basically blocking all paths so you have to exit with the SOS button thing sigh.

Glad I don't get these dating weirdos though

So today was my first time going to the island. The only reason i even went is because I want the toy hammer and the striped wetsuit.
I met some girl that kept pestering me for 1 mil bells. I told her I didn't have any but she wouldn't back off. She then starts yelling at me for no reason. I managed to escape the island but boy, that was pretty interesting.

At least I got the striped wetsuit :)

Back