Do you want all villager personalities on your island?

Absolutely. I want the most variation in dialogue as I can get and I don't think you can get all the reactions without having all of the personalities anyways.
Just trying to get an uchi that I like now. I have at least 1 of all the other personalities, but I booted out my starter uchi because I wanted to try the campsite method to get Agnes.

It's really unfortunate cause there's not a single uchi villager I like :/ Id like to have all of them though..

I haven't had an uchi for a long time and I'd like to eventually to get all the DIYs I'm missing and possibly the reactions. I'm not in a huge rush to get them though. Unfortunately I don't love the designs for a lot of the uchi's so I'm picky about it.

The variation of dialogue is good too, although it's been pretty repetitive for me already.

i've got 1 of each, with a double lazy (i needed both zucker and drago asdkfla) and 1 rotating slot. it was always important to me to have as much variation as possible in terms of both types and species. i think it's more fun that way, after all variety is the spice of life - not to mention the reactions and DIYs like others have mentioned. i don't think that dialogue is a strength of NH (lol) so i think i'd really notice that shortcoming if i had more duplicate types.

Honestly no. I just chose who is going to be a permanent islander based on if I like them or not. I really don't care that much about variety especially if I'm stuck with characters I won't like for the sake of having multiple personality types.

That said I have looked at my dreamie/permanent islander list and I'm highly considering replacing one of my peppies(Cookie) with a Cranky(Static or maybe even keeping Apollo). Unfortunately I just don't like jock/uchi enough to want to replace anyone else.

I think animal crossing has more longevity when you have all the personality types. I had 4 Snooties one time in New Leaf and I was really sad to see a lot of the same conversations very often. Playing for months like this can get very old. Snooty overall to me has most of my favorite villagers in that personality type which makes choosing very hard. Anyway, I like the diversity in conversations and villager dynamics when there are all personality types present.

I think I will end up with 2 Snooty, 2 Peppy, and all the rest. Although I do have to say Uchi is my least favorite, but not so horrible I wouldn't want it at all, ever.

Already have all personalities on my island! 👈:cool:👈

Though, I want other villagers on my island, so when I get bored of them or at least get all the reactions I probably won't end up with a lazy/smug villager and will trade them for another snooty and possible another normal. Who knows.

I do. I've never had a cranky on my island yet though. I just don't like the crankies I've run into. I'll get one eventually!

My most preferred cranky to get is Kabuki.

Yes, but mostly because duplicates just annoy me. I really wish we at least had 10 villagers, or could limit ourselves to 8 without worrying about random move-ins. I just want my villagers to feel unique.

I have

2 Smugs (Raymond & Marshall
1 Cranky (Bruce)
2 Lazies (Lucky & Erik)
2 Snooty’s (Ankha & Freya)
1 Preppy (Bella)
2 Normals (Aurora & Coco)

I wanted to do all the types, but Jocks annoy me and I don’t like any of the Uchi Villagers.

Reading everyone's responses has been really interesting! I didn't realize so many of you didn't like uchis. Fuchsia is the best for me at the moment, and I don't want to get rid of an uchi.

I think I'll just stick with having all the personalities. I was contemplating having both Marina and Merengue but it's true... normal dialogue isn't great in this game :(

Sometimes I really want more personalities on my island, but I love so many peppies that it's difficult to branch out from them! I'm bringing in Merry soon because I'm so in love with her but the thought of adding to the pep pool isn't exactly my favorite. Maybe someday I'll rotate some out just to have some other personalities visit for a bit (or better yet, maybe Nintendo will bless us and allow us to have more villagers )?

At least until I unlock everything. When I no longer need an Uchi, I'll probably get another Smug or Snooty.

IMO, Uchi is the worst personality, and it doesn't help there are 0 good Uchi designs in the game.

Sometimes I really want more personalities on my island, but I love so many peppies that it's difficult to branch out from them! I'm bringing in Merry soon because I'm so in love with her but the thought of adding to the pep pool isn't exactly my favorite. Maybe someday I'll rotate some out just to have some other personalities visit for a bit (or better yet, maybe Nintendo will bless us and allow us to have more villagers )?
I just got Merry and am trying for Audie, and then I was like should I get Rosie too LOL so I feel you on the pep overload. It would be nice if they let us have more :/

i don’t. i’m planning on having all of them except for smug as i don’t really like them that much ;v;

I can't stand uchis, even though I do like some of their designs (mostly Phoebe and Fuchsia) but I made sure to learn all the reactions from Mira - my starter uchi - before I kicked her to the curb.

No. I don't have jock or uchi. I hate jock personality, but I think I have to have 1 uchi, because I don't have their emotions and DIY... I just don't care uchi looks (except maybe Cherry, Deirdre and Muffy).

I think I still want at least one of every personality type just to see varied dialogue and villager interactions but I get your struggle.
I wish I could have more Normals, Peppies and Lazies just because I adore their design so much.
I still hope that they'll let us expand our Island through some add-on DLC in the future to add more villager plots just because there are too many villagers I want but don't think I'd have the time to maintain two separate islands on two different devices.
I guess if you care about villager reactions, then varied personalities are a must at least until you unlock them.

I always say this on every thread but yes I do because without doing so I miss out not just on dialogue that’s said to me but on conversations the personalities can have with each other!! I love every personality, even jocks and uchis, and in fact I think there are enough cute uchis that I’d gladly be willing to have 2 of of them or even 3 because their dialogue is amazing. They’re one of my favorite personalities in the game tbh, it makes me sad to see that so many people are missing out on their fantastic dialogue over not liking their designs :(
But yeah I make it a rule in every town to have one of every personality type at least, with the exception of one NL town where I only had a jock long enough to get all the PWPs because I was doing a certain theme and even though Bam, the jock I had, did fit it there was another villager I wanted more. Though I do still play NL and am starting to miss having a jock in that town, so I honestly might try getting him back!

Back