Do you use your real name or a made up name?

I used my real name in away, as Wilkes is my last name so my Mayor's name is Wilkie, and i always use the name Wilkie on most things. ^^

Last edited:
I use my real name, always have in the AC series. :p

Town name is from a different game that many probably don't know. :p Though it now urks me I didn't choose Anuenue for the name.

I use my real name, I've used made-up names in previous AC games when I was younger but I always ended up deleting the save file because I didn't feel comfortable with it.

I use my real name since I did in Wild World. But I wish that I had chosen my middle name, Elaine, instead.

Soraka. A character from a moba game I play.
I've been using that name for characters I have created for the past 4 years.

Why would I ever use my real name. It's boring and sounds bland.

Last edited:
Lately I've been using Stalfos for most games and, obviously, it's not my real name.

in my last town, i used my given name but now because i dont know what name id rather prefer, so i just chose a name that kinda went with my town theme.

I enjoy using names other than my own for my game characters, even though I might make them resemble myself. This way I can create a story that is uniquely theirs.

My mayor is a girl name Ettienne. The correct spelling is Etienne while the name itself is the French form of Stephen. You may be thinking, "Okay, well, the female variant would simply translate to Stephanie," but it does not. The name is fully masculine. Why then use the name on a female? Where I'm from the name sounds feminine. Plus, how many names have become unisex in our lifetimes or before? Kelly, Frances, Vivian, Ashley, Shannon. All common female names that were originally masculine only.

I've yet to receive any flak for this name and will continue to use it as I see fit. c:

My character was named Foop(not my real name,thankfully) in my Gamecube town so I used it again in my first New Leaf town.I also have a Mayor Foopella which is supposed to be Foop's sister .Yeah,I don't put much thought into my mayors' names....well, except for my ducky town's mayor whose name is Daffy.

Last edited:
I use my real name.

I restarted when I got this cool idea to have a futuristic town, and decided to try and name my mayor something else. It just didn't feel right at all, and I restarted my game again. Mayor Em now and forever is all I could want to be.

Mine is my real name with a few extra y's on the end because I got bored.
My second character is Kitty 'cause my town is Kittyton so I thought it'd be cute :3

I use my real name (Olivia) and I always try to get the villager with my name! It's funny when she wins things and it says "1st place: Olivia". I have her right now. :D

I use my real name. People think my town is named after the one I live in, too bad they don't realize my real town is 10 characters long, so I chose O'Fallon a city in close proximity to my own real life town, but since I live in the midwest, I also know that there's an O'Fallon, Illinois and an O'Fallon, Missouri. Only I know which O'Fallon I named it after! ;) My players in O'Fallon are Joey, Jim, Julie, and Jason. One of them is my real name, and the others were named after friends/significant other (only I know which is which too hehe).

My first town I named my mayor after myself, my name is Jean.
But when I remade my town, I named my mayor Aedah. I have an obsession with two names, Praesilith and Aedah. (Oh look at my username ._.) I made Praesilith up so it's cool to google search the name and all the searches are my things. Aedah on the other hand, I plan on naming my kid Aedah, I also think it looks and sounds relatively cute. (ay-dah)

I do, yeah. I like having the feeling I'm playing as myself and not a character, but if I remade my town with a themed intention (which is a major nah right now), I would probably make up a name or something.

Back