• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Do you time travel?

Do you time travel? Why or why not?

I'm just curious as to whether or not time traveling is considered a good or bad thing in the game? I read an article online that said it was considered "cheating" to some players.

I have never actually time traveled far ahead of time, only one day forward to check for new shop items, collect more fossils, etc. after I feel I've finished doing all my errands on the normal day. The only time I'm concerned with time travel is when I have turnips since they'd rot.

Ditto. I only do it day-by-day; at the most, I've skipped two days, but that was only one time. Even though I TT now, I still feel a guilty doing it. <.< I just get so impatient and bored at times ~ more so when I have the beautiful town ordinance on (I lost over half of my hybrids from the one time I TTed ahead two days; so, I haven't had night owl ordinance on since then).

When I first got the game I would time travel every time I got bored or when I'd try to cycle villagers out. Now I only time travel to like 5pm to get mail in right away. >.< I don't see how it can be considered cheating, like you're not really gaining much out of it.

I tt but only like i day ahead because mostly i play i night so i just make it day time. idk why ppl always try make doing this a bad thing if it was nintendo wouldn't have gave us the option to do it

I used to time travel a lot. But I stopped doing it completely now. I find it more fun to just go through the days rather than skip ahead.

Last edited:
I time travel, but I try not to time travel too much. Since I've restarted, I have not time travelled by day, only by hours because of the times I choose to play, shop hours and to head to the island for bugs.

I accidentally did it. But since it was done on accident, I went back to real date. I first went through June then September.
When I returned, I had bed head and a new villager.

I time travel because I can't play every day and on the days I can actually play I like to get a lot accomplished.

I only go day by day though. On a previous file I went 3-5 days at a time and ended up losing a villager so I make sure I'm on speaking terms with everyone and that's yet to happen.

This game takes enough time to get what I want WITH time traveling. I can't imagine trying to do everything without it. Not that I could anyway, because I can't always decide when I'm able to play.

I used to actively time travel to get villagers out, buy turnips at cheaper prices, and reset the town. Now, since I don't play as much and prefer the time in the game to match real life, I don't time travel as much. Time traveling is essential in making the game go faster. I recommend people starting out to do it or else developing your town and house will take a long time. It's not cheating because what you're doing by time traveling does not give you any advantage outside the natural physics of the game.

I used to TT a lot in order to achieve my dreamies. Now that I've got them, I don't really TT anymore. Or that is actually a lie. I do TT back in time to the last played date, if it has been a while since playing, in order to avoid villagers from moving out. But since I don't collect fossils, buy stuff or anything, I don't really consider this TT (even though it is)

In my second town I TT all the time. But it is a cycling town, so that would be kinda hard with real-time.

I can't remember if i've responded to a thread similar to this but hey i don't mind sharing again ^-^ So to the question, Yes i do time travel however I do not like to travel in like weeks or months ahead. Only one day at a time like you because I have some of my dreamies and i don't want to risk them surprise moving out on me. I do my dailies of collecting buying and talking to my villagers so once i'm done with all that jazz i like to skip a day ahead to repeat.

yeah i time travel, i think i did before i even knew anything about it being a cheat to some people or before i even knew what time travel was lmao i got the game and got bored on my first day so i just started skipping?? im not one for taking things slow or few things a day (like candy crush and such) im too impatient for that. i kinda wanna get everything in order then i plan to stop tt-ing once i have my desired town and villagers and houses ^^

I time travel, but only if I want someone to move out faster or if I want to get a camper. I also only ever go one day back or ahead, and I haven't lost a villager yet...

I used to not TT when the game came out. But now I do because I know the game already and I'd just be bored if I didn't. Though I have made my fair share of mistakes by losing some villagers that way lol. I've also cycled villagers out on reddit, so it's kind of a habit.

A lot, sometimes up to 20 ACNL days in one day. I'm not even close to finishing my encyclopaedia, museum is unfinished and I still have about 25pwps to collect. Imagine how long id have to wait if I didn't tt

I only time travel one to a few days in advanced if I'm trying to speed along hybrid growing, or PWP farming. I only travel larger amounts of time forward if I'm trying to move out a villager.

I've been TT-ing since I was little playing the gamecube AC. I understand why some people consider it cheating but this is just always how I play. To each their own :blush:

I don't time travel. I like to play Animal Crossing with the real date and time, and I always fret that I'll lose a villager. D:

I time travel, because eventually I get bored with the day I'm on. I don't travel months ahead though.

Back