Do you think there will be another Animal Crossing for 3DS?

I hope there won't be any other AC on 3DS. I don't want my social life to sink that low.

Just kidding but yeah I don't think it's going to happen. On 3DS we'll see the Villager again in Smash Bros only, I think.

I really doubt there would be another released for 3DS. The next one is more likely to be on the Wii U, otherwise I don't think they'll make another one for handheld until Nintendo release a new handheld console.

No I doubt they'll make another AC for game for the 3DS, however I know it's been hinted at that they may be exploring using the Wii U as they made that Animal Crossing app thing for the MiiVerse. That's pure evidence that for over a year they've been playing around with AC hardware on the Wii U.

I don't know how I feel about this, as I don't have a Wii U. But with Zelda's HD WW on the Wii U, if a new AC title was announced on for the Wii U I would probably go out and buy the console. Plus the Wii U needs all the popular titles it can get...

No, I don't think that's likely at all. The next Animal Crossing will probably be for the Wii U or the successor to the 3DS and I'm not expecting it anytime soon.

No, Nintendo would not do two games on the same console, it just would be weird. I bet the next Animal Crossing will be on the Wii U.

I doubt it. Nintendo has never released 2 Animal Crossing games on the same system. We'll probably see another one on the Wii U.

I hope there isn't. Nintendo needs to turn all their attention to the Wii U to give it everything they possibly can. I love the GameCube and I always will, but it suffered for most of its life. The Wii U doesn't deserve the same fate.

I hope they don't. I think the cycle of Console-handheld-console-handheld has been nice and consistent, and console AC games always look better, and have more features. Plus we neeeeed bigger towns, and the smaller the device, the more scaled-down everything becomes.

It would be cool if they released two games, one on the 3DS and on the Wii U, that were companions to each other.

The Wii U just can't compete against the Xbox One and PS4. :(

Go watch the Smash Bros trailers, then see if you still agree with that.

Even if it were a good idea to release another Animal Crossing for the 3DS, Nintendo wouldn't do it. They stick to their beliefs, and their belief is that 1 game = 1 system. As far as I can remember, Mario Party is the only series to abandon that, what with Mario Party 4-7 on the GameCube and Mario Party 8-9 on the Wii. 4 whole games on one, two more on the other.

Although in my opinion, Mario Party 9 was Nintendo trying to apologize for Mario Party 8. Mario Party 10 is their apology for the previous 11 Mario Parties. (But there might be 12? Has the 3DS one released yet?)

I hope not. Nintendo have never chosen to release an Animal Crossing title on the same console twice, and, I think they should stick to that routine.

Go watch the Smash Bros trailers, then see if you still agree with that.

I watched it and I still agree with it. Smash bros doesn't appeal to me personally, and I doubt it's going to bump the sales of the Wii U so much so that the Wii U comes even close to Xoox and Playstation sales. 13 years old don't want to play Mario anymore... they want to play COD. (As sad as that is...)

I hope so. I really don't want to buy a whole new device to play animal crossing. (I think the wii u is kinda dumb *gasp*)

Doubt it. Can't think of anything that they could make different enough to make it worth buying, tbh.
I'll wait for the WiiU version in a couple years.

I'll be really upset if they make the next animal crossing for Wii U. It seems like their most likely choice, but they should learn a thing or two from the popularity boost ACNL had on the AC community.

I'm pretty certain that the next AC will be on the Wii U. It's practically been confirmed after Nintendo mentioned that they want Amiibo to work with an AC game in the future. Along with the previously mentioned AC Plaza on Wii U already showing they have the current villagers modelled for it.
I just hope a Wii U version is a bigger upgrade than CF was to WW.

Back